Random Friday Wrap-Up

First of all, I have something I must get off my chest  (You might want to scoot back from your computer, because I’m going to yell….)

"HELLO OUT THERE, AMERICAN MEDIA–DO YOU HEAR ME?  THIS IS NOT A STORY ANYMORE.  IT WAS A STORY, THE DAY IT HAPPENED, BUT NOW IT’S JUST A MOLEHILL YOU HAVE TURNED INTO A REALLY, REALLY ANNOYING MOUNTAIN .  IN CASE YOU’VE FORGOTTEN, THERE IS A WAR IN IRAQ, OLYMPICS IN ITALY, AND BIRD FLU IN ASIA.  THOSE ARE STORIES.  SO STOP IT, RIGHT NOW, BEFORE I COUNT TO FIVE, OR I WILL PULL THIS MINI-VAN OVER AND…."  …oh, sorry, wrong audience.  But before I leave this subject behind, I do have to show you this bumper sticker my dad sent me:

Cheneyhuntsample

Next, today is the last day to enter the sweepstakes for the HGTV Dream Home.  Here are the pictures of it.  When I win it, which I certainly will, I will invite you all over for coffee right before I sell it to cover the taxes.

Lastly, it was a dramatic day in my little corner of the blogosphere.  Some friends of mine had a few flames thrown at them, and they were hurt (and no, I’m not including any links–this pot has been stirred enough for one day).  If you have no idea what I’m talking about, consider yourself blessed that you missed the drama.  But if you do know, may I direct you to the loveliest thing I’ve read in a long time, over at Days to Come.

Oh, this really is the last thing.  Voting is almost over in the Share the Love Blog Awards you only have a couple of days left to vote.  Heather has worked very, very hard to pull off these awards, and my hat is off to her.  Head on over there to see a varied and interesting group of nominees, and do a little bloggin’…

Posted in: Fun

10 thoughts on “Random Friday Wrap-Up

1. Lauren says:

Now wait just a minute there young lady… you wait until the very day the Dream Home sweepstakes ends and then you tell us about it?????? What happened to SHARING the Love???? HUH?
    Good bumper sticker!

2. momrn2 says:

WOW, from the passion in the post at Days to Come, I do consider myself blessed to have been naive enough to miss whatever has transpired.
    I must say though, regardless of the details, her post hits it right on the head…for all of life… period!
    Sorry anyone had to be involved in whatever it was that took place. May God help us all to be loving, gracious, and reflections of HIM!

3. chilihead says:

Thank you for the link to Days to Come. Her response to the things that have transpired was perfect. My own response has been full of anger and I’ve had a hard time stemming it. Knowing that her thoughts are out there I think I may just be able to finally let it go.
    BTW, lu-huv the bumper sticker. I wish I had one!

4. Carol says:

I think there are more molehills out there than we realize. Comes from being over-busy making mountains.
    God says our faith can move those mountains, though. So stop the van! It’s time to share a little love.

5. Lucinda says:

I’ve just spent time catching up. I read and commented on about 3 weeks worth of posts. Now I’m sad that I’m caught up. You always leave me wanting more. Almost as exciting as Grey’s Anatomy! Thanks for the entertainment.

6. GiBee says:

Oh, I’m sooo over this dead “news” — let’s move on —
    Sorry, but I’ve already fixed the contest … the house is MINE (insert evil laugh)…
    But I’ll sell it to YOU (because I lurv ya) so I can pay the taxes!
    Sorry about the hurt feelings… I hope I wasn’t part of that without realizing, because if I was… I hope you’d PULL THAT VAN OVER and SLAP ME GOOD!