What I want to know is…

Chicken…is it possible for a preschooler to eat too many chicken nuggets?  Because if it is, I think we’re reaching the limit.  I mean, I’m just wondering if at some point his skin will start smelling like McNuggets–or worse, what if he starts clucking?  Or crying tears of barbeque dipping sauce?  This could be serious.

Give me some hope.

18 thoughts on “What I want to know is…

1. GiBee says:

Bwaaaahhhhaaaaa — ohmysideshurtIneedtobreath — haaaahhaaaahhhaaa!
    Lauren, you SLAY me!
    So, Shannon — you mean to tell me that kids don’t eat liver any more?

2. Peach says:

My Sweetcheeks never turned that lovely shade of mac ‘n cheese, nor did her hair turn into little noodles. Though during the preschool years I swore I’d cooked enough boxes that, if lined up, could reach from Knoxville, TN, to the Canadian border. She now loves a balanced diet of a variety of foods.
    To quote someone I can’t remember, “This too shall pass.” Bock, Bock!! Thanks to Lauren, too, for the big ole’ funny! I am still laughing.

3. Heth says:

I don’t want to scare you, but he could turn into a grown up man who orders chicken fingers at any restaurant that has them on the menu. Let me introduce you to me husband. He refers to himself as a chicken finger “aficionado”. I’m so sorry……

4. chelle says:

I make my own chicken fingers with parmesan cheese and corn flakes….bake in the oven and w00t a little healthier!! My husband loves them too!

5. Kathryn, The Daring One says:

I’m surprised you’re getting any with the amount being consumed over here. Only we call them “chicky-waffles.” There was a stage where Laylee would only eat toaster waffles. We wanted her to branch out so we convinced her that chicken nuggets were just chicken with waffles around them, you could even dip them in syrup (honey). Chicky-Waffles. The name has stuck and she loves them.

6. Lucinda says:

About a year ago, I figured out how many nights my kids were eating chicken nuggets… way too many.
    I stopped giving them a second option when I cooked a healthy meal. I tried to serve at least one thing they liked, and I put everything else on their plate. There was a lot of crying and falling on the floor and sometimes going to bed a little hungry, but now they seem to try more things. It’s amazing when they are willing to try it. They sometimes actually like it…and sometimes they spit it out very dramatically like you have just fed them dirt.
    ..Ahh kids.

7. Stephen M (Ethesis) says:

I’d like my kids to eat “too many” chicken nuggets. If you can figure out a way to break them of Mac&Cheese and Ramen Noodles (short of switching them to dutch chocolate ice cream — that worked, but my wife didn’t approve — I’m all ears).

8. momrn2 says:

Please keep us posted of any signs of change as I will need to become worried about PB&J sandwhiches in our house at that point. When finding what they want for supper they’ll say PB&J? My reply is “you had that for lunch.” They then so brilliantly say, “Well, how about PB& Honey then?” AAARGHGHG… We should be buying stock into peanut butter here. Although I may look at stock for chicken nuggets too after this post! 🙂

9. Jennifer says:

If my 6yo could have mac and cheese morning noon and night she would be so happy. If my 1 yo could have nilla wafers all the time she would be thrilled.

10. Manic Mom says:

I would give anything for my daughter to eat ONE chicken nugget. She needs the protein. As it is now, her skin smells like a french fry cuz that’s all she eats!

11. jennybee says:

My daughter got to a nice orangey yellow (looked like jaundice) from the carrots she ate..imagine having to cut your child back on carrots of all things.
    Now its all about the PBJs.