Holy cannoli, how’d THIS happen?

To my giddy pleasure but jaw-dropping shock, I’ve just learned I’m a finalist in not one, but six categories in the Share the Love Blog Awards.  Either this wonderful thing has really happened, or my mother has driven across the country, found Heather, and is hijacking the entire awards process.  Knowing my mother (who would be much more likely to drive across the country, find Heather, bake her a casserole and fold her towels), I’m left to assume that this is actually for real, and I have to tell you, I’m a sputtering, sheepish mess.  Thank you, so very much, whoever nominated me and voted for me.  Nine months ago I had never even laid eyes on a blog, and now here I am, nominated in the company of some extraordinary bloggers.  That’s more kudos than I could’ve ever imagined.

Heather says that the actual voting for the final winner will be up and running later in the day, so head on over when you can and look at all the finalists.  I’m quite sure I’ll have more to say about this later (once my feet come back down to earth), but in the meantime I’m glowing.  Women bloggers are a powerful breed–varied ages, faiths, challenges, life goals, but we’re just brave (or is it nutty?) enough to lay it all bare for the world to read.  I’m profoundly honored to be in your ranks.

Posted in: Fun

18 thoughts on “Holy cannoli, how’d THIS happen?

1. peach says:

You are well-deserving, my new blogging friend! I’ll be in the voting booth soon, casting away for you : ) Have a great day basking in the LOVE!

2. Kim in IL says:

I think it’s the sock. πŸ˜‰
    No, seriously, you have a wonderful gift of sharing yourself through your writing that draws others in. This is a happy place.
    Congrats!

3. Emily says:

Well, I was checking out the finalists links and figured I should check out your blog! Congrats!! Looks like those were well earned votes πŸ™‚

4. mimi2six says:

Congratulation, Shannon! It’s a well deserved honor. You’ve always been a great writer, and I’m glad to see your talent being recognized!! (Do I sound like a proud mom??? I am!)
    And….yes, I’d be glad to fold towels for all of you trememdous gals. I just love hearing about your lives. Makes me miss the old days of child-rearing….well, almost! The empty nest is pretty enjoyable, too.

5. Lucinda says:

Who needs a Caldecott when you can have a Blog award?!
    You’re awesome. I’ve known it for years!!
    Congrats!!

6. GiBee says:

Oh, please! Who didn’t know? (I paid of all the voters in your favor). Anyhoo — are our moms related or something?
    Seriously – well done! You have MY voteS!