Yep, nothing like a little vomiting to spice up a Disney vacation, is there?
Adam awakened in the middle of the night throwing up. My trooper of a husband stayed home with him this morning while I took the younger boys back to Magic Kingdom. We lasted a few hours and saw some wonderful sights. We headed back to the hotel, with word from my husband that Adam was improving when…what to my wondering eyes should appear, but Joseph throwing up on the sidewalk! We dashed back to the room, got Joseph in bed…and then Hubs started with the chufing. Now Stephen and I are the only two who aren’t sick….YET.
However…if you can’t find a silver lining on your cloud when you’re in Disney World, then where can you? Here’s what we have to be thankful for tonight:
- Hubs and Adam actually a sweet time together this morning, alone at the hotel–many good talks and TLC.
- The two "healthy" days we had at the park were, on their own, worth the trip down here.
- While all the "patients" slept in the hotel room, Stephen and I had a ball of an afternoon swimming, walking the grounds, and eating dinner, just the two of us.
- Our dear friends here with us, the W family, are offering us all the help they can. To make up for Adam’s disappointing day today, they’ve assured us they’ll take him to the park if we’re unable to. What good friends we have.
- Stephen, Joseph and I had a ball in AdventureLand this morning, with the Jungle Cruise being a big hit. We had lunch with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet, and my boys were beside themselves to play with Tigger. Later, we met Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, where Stephen had the gall to whisper to Hook: "tick-tock-tick-tock…" Hook played along by trembling and hiding, and Stephen’s chest puffed up with pride.
So please join us in praying that we can all mend enough to enjoy our remaining two days in the park. But I’ll say it again….last night made this WHOLE trip worth it. I’m a happy girl tonight.
**UPDATED** We’ve awakened Thursday morning with every miraculously healed and jumping on hotel beds (as I write this). Thank you, Lord! We’re off to Epcot….