Best Readers in the World

Y’all really just take the cake.  I can’t tell you how much fun I’m having reading through all your ideas on Works-For-Me Wednesday.  It’s about time we moms pulled together and shared our clever ideas!  I’m finding myself spending much of my Thursday just catching up on your great pointers.  If you haven’t had a chance, go back and browse through these wonderful ideas, and in the process, I hope you discover some lovely new blogs.   (And by the way, my eight year old Adam has suggested "Think Again Thursday", in which we all post bad decisions we made that we would like to do differently.  Um, nice idea, but I’m not sure I want all my bad decisions posted for all eternity in cyberspace.  Funny kid.)

AND…

Honda2 I am so excited to report that my son Stephen got a response from Honda!  It was a very kind, personal, age-appropriate letter.  Here it is:

Dear Mr. X:

We are in receipt of your letter and thank you for taking the time to write.  We are very pleased to hear that you are interested in becoming a car designer.  We have many design engineers who work together as a team to create our cars.

At Honda, we try to listen to customers who like our cars, so we can understand what kind of cars they would like to see.  [Note from Shannon: How about ones that run on Kool Aid?] We’re glad that you shared your drawings with us.

We also believe that it is important to enjoy your work and we are happy that you have found what you would like to do.  Having a goal like that allows one to enjoy the journey of learning and helps make the work and study that it takes much easier in the long run [Note from Shannon: Oh yes, and just what my boy needed to hear…thank you!].

We have made a record of your letter to us for future reference.  We hope that after you earn your degree in design engineering that you will consider American Honda Motor Company as a possible employer.  [Note from Shannon: How adorable is that?  My little man is glowing.]

Thank you for taking the time to write us and if you have any other question or comments, please contact Honda Customer Service at 800-999-1009.

Sincerely,

Brian Philbin, Automobile Customer Service

Is that the sweetest thing ever?  Mr. Philbin, I could kiss you!  You made my little guy’s day.  Now quick, everybody run out and buy a Honda.  After this, I’m a loyal customer for life!

AND…last thing…

Lost Are there any other people out there who are as obsessed with the show Lost as I am?  And if so, did you see last night’s episode?  And if so, have you quit oh-my-gosh SHAKING yet?  And if not, will you please discuss this with me because…oh my gosh!  What an unbelievable episode!

Posted in: Fun

47 thoughts on “Best Readers in the World

1. Neighbor Jane says:

Hooray for Adam and good for Honda! I’d love to see what else is in the file they’re keeping it in because Adam’s letter was so cute.
    As far as LOST…we decided to wait till the end of the season and watch them all together on DVD. I’m gonna have to ask my LOST friend (he’s 86+)about it now, or check your comments today. Sounds too good to wait for the DVD. I hope my friend’s heart survived it.

2. Queen Beth says:

That was so sweet of Honda to even reply. What does that say about them as a company? I BET your son is flying high right now! I think that was terrific!!

3. beth says:

That letter was awesome. I’m tempted to get a Honda now (although they don’t sell them where I live; we have a mitsubishi 4WD). What a great encouragement for your son! I’m impressed that they took the time to write back.
    I can’t help you out on the TV show as I’ve never even heard of it! Sorry, but I do live in a box. I’m heading over to amazon now to learn about it.

4. kate says:

Oh how kind of them to write back AND encourage him in a future field (design/engineering!). I loved reading this! And no, can’t say I’ve gotten into Lost yet… I’m the looser who watches Invasion!

5. Gabriela says:

That is so cool that Honda got back to him. I bet it made his day!
    Haven’t gotten into Lost yet, but I’ve talked to a lot of people who like it. We’ll have to try it (it is one of the 5 shows we get her in Mex).

6. chilihead2 says:

That is the best letter ever. I’m so happy for Stephen. I know it meant the world to him. I have been a loyal Honda owner since 1981 (OK, my parents owned the Honda then, but I inherited it and drove it into the ground. Literally. And it still ran. I was sold.). Just one more reason to keep buying Honda.
    I missed LOST last night b/c of t-ball! Call me!!!!

7. Natalie Joy says:

Very sweet of Honda to reply to your son.
    Now on to LOST. Hubby and I are huge fans. We tape it every week so we can watch (and rewatch) after the kids go to bed. Hubby likes to go on forums and see what theories people are coming up with. I don’t want to spoil anything so you’ll have to let me know if you want to know. But, the things with Jack’s dad we quite significant. (I can tell you more). Ana Lucia was on a morning show saying this was all planned from the beginning (it had nothing to do with her recent personal indiscretions or the fact that no one likes her).
    Anyway, we are totally addicted and didn’t see that one coming at all.

8. Rachel says:

What a fabulous letter to your son. How sweet that they went out of their way to respond like that.
    As for LOST, the last few minutes blew us away!!!

9. Sandra says:

That is so sweet of Honda to reply to Adam. I’m sure he feels wonderful after getting that letter πŸ™‚
    I can’t believe I haven’t watched LOST yet….boy do I feel dumb. Sounds like I’m missing out on some good shows. Will have to make sure to catch the next one πŸ™‚

10. Tess says:

I also love Honda and wish I had never traded it in for a Taurus, while I still like my Taurus very much. I liked the Honda much much more.

11. mopsy says:

Sheesh, that letter made me teary-eyed. How sweet of them to write back. Your son will treasure that letter.
    And yes…my heart is STILL pounding this morning as I think about last night’s episode. I sooooo didn’t see it coming…

12. emily says:

i ❀ our honda accord, and now i ❀ the honda company. how nice of them to write back, and for it to be so personalized for him.
    and – i don't watch tv. sorry dudettes. sounds like it was cool, tho.

13. Stephanie says:

LOST- OHMYGOSH! Yes- I am still in awe and can’t wait for next week! I don’t want to give anything away in case someone hasn’t seen it yet, but if you want to email me about it, I always love to dish about our favorite show!!! I also read message boards on it to find out “spoilers” and I did NOT see that one coming!

14. Tiff says:

That gave me CHILLS!!! How wonderful that that gentleman responded – if he could only pass on his kindness to others in the Customer Service world!

15. Susanne says:

How cool of Honda? Get your son to send a letter asking them about the koolaid fuel. They seem quite receptive to him! πŸ™‚
    Sorry don’t watch Lost. I had to watch my Calgary Flames take a bitter loss to the Anaheim Mighty Ducks last night. And then I’m flipping in between American Idol results & Amazing Race.

16. melnel says:

That letter is the absolute coolest thing EVER. Just thin khow much influence that will have that someone took a few minutes to recognize his young efforts! I’m so glad there are such nice people in this world!

17. aj says:

Running out to the garage to give my Honda Odyessy a nice long pat. And then later I’m taking it for a spa treatment. Ok. Maybe I’ll just wash it in honor of your sweet boy.

18. Ambah says:

I”m not a LOST watcher either. But that letter is the SWEETEST thing ever!! I just may let dh get a Honda next. πŸ˜‰

19. goslyn says:

Wow, what a great response from Honda. Now I’m wishing I had purchased a Honda instead of a Toyota – just for the wonderful response Honda sent your son. How cool. I think we will shop Honda when we replace DH’s car.
    I too am a big fan of LOST – and I am SO confused.

20. Susan says:

That letter is AWESOME! That was so touching to read. It’s great that they took the time to write him back! How many other companies would do that?

21. Rachelle says:

That is so awesome they replied! Seriously a great letter to encourage him. He should be very pleased with himself. I keep trying to get into the show “Lost” but just haven’t been able to yet. Maybe all this hype will get me there!

22. Lindsey says:

We love LOST…and no, I didn’t see that one coming either. I still want to say they’re all in purgatory but we know that isn’t it!
    As much as I love LOST I’m ready for them all to get FOUND.

23. Stephanie says:

I love Honda for doing that for your little boy. What a neat experience. I love the encouragement that they gave him.
    AS FOR LOST!!!!! WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!?! I have been wondering why the heck they showed us the scene with Libby in the nut house if they were going to do that to her character. AGGGGHHHH!!!!! I hope I didn’t spoil it for anyone…I am so UGGGGHHHHEEED right now. I can’t even put words to how I felt when it ended. AND WHAT IS GOING ON WITH SCARY MICHAEL!?!?!?

24. HolyMama! says:

ok, i don’t watch Lost, but the Honda thing is fANTAstic!! How lovely of them, and I’m so glad for your son they responded so quickly and personally. He should really be proud of his dreams – nice to have them validated by the professionals!

25. mary says:

I love that Honda sent a letter back to your Son that is fantastic. How encouraging! I think that I would frame that with the picture of his letter that he wrote and put it in his room.
    As for LOST – Can’t believe it! I am waiting for Vincent the Dogs flashback.

26. grammyelin says:

Like everyone else, I am very impressed with that letter. The man who wrote it really understands and cares about children. It’s the kind of letter a teacher would write to a student he cared about. I am always impressed by “extra mile kindness” and am convinced that there is a special place in heaven for those who go out of their way to inspire and encourage children.
    As for “Lost”, that was the king of surprise and freaky endings. I’m so glad we didn’t miss this episode.

27. abc momma says:

I bought a 2000 Honda Odyssey with almost 100,000 miles on it–hey, it was affordable with that mileage and it still runs very well–no leaks, no probs.
    Libby cannot be dead.

28. Laura says:

That letter is the BEST!!! Wouldn’t it be neat if he actually decided to do that someday? πŸ™‚

29. peach says:

Don’t watch LOST, but I did enjoy seeing the letter Stephen got from Honda. That was quite cool! Also am lovin’ the WFMW tips. It will take me until next Wed. to get through them all. You are quickly becoming one of those famous bloggers that won’t have time to read all her comments!

30. Karyn says:

Wow, I can’t believe someone put in so much thought to write such a wonderful letter. Loved Honda before, love it even more now. πŸ™‚
    LOST was amazing. Just when I thought things were getting a little stale… Craziness! Can’t wait to see what they conjure up next!

31. Brenda says:

What an awesome thing Mr. Honda-guy did for your child! I agree about framing it. Kindness like that is hard to come by.

32. Phyllis says:

I have a theory–
    the others told Micheal if he would “spring” their guy the one who’s been locked up) that they would give him Walt back. So he shot Ana Lucia (who’s character just grated on me anyways) and Libby (who just wandered in at the wrong moment~and can NOT be dead as we, the veiwers, don’t know her back story yet..just WHY was she in the NUT house?!) and then himself (but just in the arm~to look like he was a victim as well) so that “Henry” could get out.
    Just mine and my husbands explanation of what had to be the biggest plot twist in the whole LOST saga.
    We can hardly wait til next week…
    =)The letter was really great! And it seemed like they answered very quickly. I am sure that your son is just so very happy. That should definitely be framed/scrapbooked/saved in a really special place! We have a car fanatic in our home as well…he has his sights set on NASCAR racing though. *sigh* Designing cars is SOO much safer.

33. Amber says:

What a great letter. I am in awe that someone would take the time to write out such a long and thoughtful response. I have always liked Honda, but they just went up an even higher notch in my book after that.
    As for LOST, my jaw just dropped after this last episode. I so did NOT see that coming at all. And did you catch the commercial for the Hanso organization? I had to rewind and watch that again. We even called the # tonight to listen to what they had to say and also visited the website. Very interesting and cool. Based on the website, I am thinking they are into gene manipulation and that is probably what caused the “sickness” on the island. Anyways, I could talk Lost all night! I am so addicted!

34. Theresa says:

Adorable letter and Kudos to Honda (always loved them) but HEY on to more important things…LOST!
    I agree w/ MommaRN – the others made bribes with Michael to swap Henry for Walt and Libby was holding a cushion or something in front of her so I think she’s going to be either okay or written out of the story (dead) – Ana Lucia’s probably gone and Michael just shot himself in the arm.
    After watching “scenes for the next” you can see that Michael is still alive. But I have my own theory on the whole show which I have never seen anywhere said or posted so I won’t post to keep from spoiling it.

35. Gibee says:

I am very impressed with Honda’s response. Especially how they encouraged education first, employment second.
    What an awesome encouragement for your little boy!