I’m almost nine years into this motherhood journey, and I have avoided the subject of paying allowances as long as possible. A) Because it sounds like a lot of work, and B) because I’m tighter than the bark on a tree. But the time has come, whether I’m ready or not.
Here is where I throw myself on your mercy. You’re a smart bunch, and I am sure that many of you have systems in place that we could all learn from. Please, would you consider sharing how your family has navigated the subject of allowances? You can leave your ideas in my comment section, or write about it on your own blog (if you do, let me know, so I can come read about it!). Some specific things Hubs and I are wrestling with:
- In your home, are chores tied to allowances, or are they two unrelated entities?
- How do you keep up with the kids’ chores? Finely detailed charts seem a little overwhelming to me–how have you managed this?
- What’s a good age to begin paying kids allowances?
- What is a reasonable amount of money for the various age groups?
- Do you pay weekly or daily?
- Any other thoughts…please share them!
Please, throw in your two cents’ worth (pun totally intended)!
As long as I’m shamelessly milking you for clever ideas, are you thinking about your post for Works-For-Me Wednesday? Remember, if you participate, please come back here and let me know, so I can link to you!