My Carpet Isn’t Crunchy!

Let us all join hands and have a moment of silence in honor of this…

Dscn1935

And what is THAT, you might ask?  Lean in, really closely…that’s right, lean in to your monitors and take a nice big whiff…go ahead….what do you smell?  Nothing?  EXACTLY!  No graham crackers, no wet grass, no Little Debbies, no doggie tinkle–that is pure, clean, fresh-smelling, professionally-cleaned carpet.  In MY living room.  It doesn’t happen often around this house, so I thought I should record it for posterity in cyberspace.

Dscn1937

And Joseph was oh-so-helpful, too.  After the carpet man left, Joseph walked around the floor with a gift wrap roll, BLOWING on the carpet to try to dry it.  He nearly hyper-ventilated, but he was having so much fun I couldn’t bring myself to stop him.

(And I have to know…did any of you really lean and sniff your monitors?  C’mon…’fess up!  I only ask that because it’s exactly the sort of thing I would do).

20 thoughts on “My Carpet Isn’t Crunchy!

1. Owlhaven says:

No, I didn’t sniff my monitor, because I was too busy being green with envy. I don’t wanna sniff your sweet-smellin’ carpet, so there!
    Mine needs it soooo bad. But I half suspect my carpet would fall apart without all that dirt to hold it together….
    Mary

2. Michele says:

OT I’m willing to bet my percentage of male readers is going to be greater than yours. You’ll probably have more male readers than I do πŸ™‚ but my percentage will be greater. That is what I’m trying to find out — I suspect I have more male readers than female.

3. Megan says:

That’s a great feeling. I remember… Now, to pick my way across our own variety of corn flakes, packing peanuts, sewing threads, and other assorted embedded signs of life in our carpet.

4. Nettie says:

You know your a grown up when clean carpets get you excited! Oh, and you should have saved the wrapping paper roll tip for WFMW!

5. peach says:

No, I didn’t sniff, but I am happy for you. I haven’t seen the true color of our carpet in ages because it is so covered in chunks and other unidentifiable objects. Send that carpet man my way. And Oh, I’ll borrow the darling gift wrap blower, too! How much does he charge an hour?

6. Traci says:

I didn’t sniff, but I did hold a moment of silence as requested. πŸ™‚ We are having ours done this weekend. I’m so excited. Back to the no shoes in the house rule! BTW, I started a new column for Monday’s called “On the Menu Monday” – check it out!!

7. Sandra says:

You do know you have now set the standard for all us other moms, because the carpets around here are definitely NOT clean and smell free…..THERE I admit it LOL
    And yes, I almost sniffed the monitor but then realized I would have looked dumb doing it, so I slowly backed away LOL

8. kathryn, dym says:

That is so darn cute. I love that he was so invested in drying the carpet. We just had ours done too and they’re already a disaster. I so totally should have documented the 30 minutes of clean.

9. Susanne says:

Your Joseph sounds like quite the idea guy! First the grapes, then the cheese, now drying the carpet! He’s amazing!

10. Shalee says:

Hey, didn’t that carpet look dark brown last week? Man, they did a great job!
    It’s always the little things that make us smile isn’t it? Okay, so this one isn’t little. It can be down right EXPENSIVE! But savor it while it lasts…

11. Rach says:

beautiful!!!! this is precisely why we opted for hardwoods! πŸ™‚ the wrapping paper thing cracks me UP!

12. Caryn says:

Congrats on the clean carpet! We’ve talked about having that done soon, too, but haven’t gotten around to it.