Really, I’m Not Making This Stuff Up

Perhaps you’re beginning to wonder if this little "Joseph" character I write about is entirely exaggerated for the sake of a good laugh.  Really, he’s not.  He’s that funny, and that incorrigible. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, see here, here, here, here and here.)  The latest?  I offered him some lemonade at lunch, and he declined.  "Why?" I asked him.  "Because," he replied, "lemonade makes me nervous."

Alrighty, then.

21 thoughts on “Really, I’m Not Making This Stuff Up

1. Chaotic Mom says:

The whole David Blaine spiel creeps me out, too. I’m very interested in checking out that Wiki info on magic.
    Hmmm… I’m in the need for a few giggles. Must look into this Joseph character a little more. 😉

2. jeana says:

That was freaky. I am thinking, though, that if it were a trick he would have made his goal of 9 minutes, don’t you think?

3. Stacey says:

Your little guys is so funny!!
    That guys seemed a little weird to me, too. I didn’t know someone could stay under water that long. I don’t believe everything I see on TV either.

4. Lauren says:

I have a lot of friends who saw him in the bubble, and a couple who were at the “escape” last night too, and it “appeared” legit, which basically means nothing. Water over my head terrifies me, so I’ve stayed REALLY far away from the whole thing. Yeesh.

5. Heth says:

I believe Joseph is real because I have his long lost twin over here at my house. Caedmon.
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Together, they could take over the world.

6. Stephanie says:

I am always so skeptical about that magic stuff- like there is always a “hoax” to it… and I didn’t watch but did see some of the news today. Looked yucky! I hope no one tries to imitate him!

7. peach says:

My little JD Green would keep step with your Joseph any day. With Caedmon above, they would be the reunion of the “Three Muskateers.” May Jesus help us all through these trying times! : )

8. Susanne says:

Too cute! You should keep a log of this and give it to him for his 18th birthday. Linked onto the van story. Oh my! Kudo’s to you for not losing it & remembering the little guy would not know he was really damaging something.
    David Blaine gives me a creepy feeling too! Maybe it’s because he does the weirdest things in the name of magic.

9. Faith says:

“Makes him nervous”!!!! HAHA!! He is a little character. I love reading about all of your little ones!!
    I’m ready for tomorrow – my post is done and going up early in the A.M!

10. Stephanie says:

I didn’t watch the David Blaine thing. I thought about it but I didn’t want to see him “die trying”. I have heard about it a ton.
    Joseph is alright in my book. Lemonade is a little untrustworthy.

11. surcie says:

Seems like David has a death wish, doesn’t it? I saw Copperfield, too, and I know what you mean. Freaked me out! One second, he was on stage before us, and the next, he’s behind us, running toward the stage!

12. jessica says:

I watched the David Blaine special… I think the man has issues. I read a post on someone else’s blog who suggested he was the devil. I wouldn’t go that far but I do wonder about his ability… or stupidity… which ever works!
    Love you blog!

13. Janice says:

my son says things make him nervous too – they are often also quite random…
    I am putting up my Works for Me Wed post in a few minutes. (I am on the Pacific coast so I will put it up before I go to bed so it is up for all you early birds in the earlier time zones.)

14. Christy says:

Okay – I’m actually ahead of the curve here! I got my “Works For Me Wednesday” post done & up. Technically, it’s still Tuesday here, but only for 4 more minutes, so I’m calling it.

15. Tina says:

Isn’t living with a little boy just hilarious? I love reading about Joseph!
    I have watched David Blaine a couple of times and (like others commenting) he is just too much for me. I have read that he is having some problems after trying this latest stunt. Or maybe that is just all hype!

16. Gibee says:

David Blaine is freaky and frightening. He makes me stop and think … we call upon God’s name for help, comfort, peace, etc. I wonder who’s name HE calls upon?
    I might be wrong, but I’m pretty sure if he called on God to help him, God would reach down and smack him for being so ridiculously crazy. Ok. Maybe not … but you get what I’m trying to say, right?
    And … he spent a couple days in the hospital because his skin got all disgusting and was peeling and he was physically ill from this stunt. Why would you do that to yourself?