A…B…C…D…E…F…G…

Gearing up for Works-For-Me Wednesday saps all my brain power, so how about another meme?I am just so tickled to be tagged by the funny and fabulous Jeana, I had to play along.  So here we go, two memes in one week–probably more information about me than you ever wanted to know…

Accent: Southern, with a side helpin’ of hillbilly.

Bible Book that I like: Well of course, Psalms, but doesn’t everyone?  I love Romans, too, even though it’s a toughy.

Chore that I don’t care for: Cleaning bathrooms.  Any mother who has to deal with little boys and their less-than-perfect "aim" can sympathize.

Dog or Cat: Dog, absolutely.  I’ve had a dog almost my whole life.  We currently have a sweet little mutt named Ginger.  I’m violently allergic to cats–I swell up like a toad!

Essential Electronics: Tivo.  Hubs had to talk me into it, but now I couldn’t live without it.  And my computer, of course.  Actually not much of a cell phone girl, though I like the feeling of security knowing it’s there.

Favorite Cologne: Jessica McClintock.

Gold or Silver: Prefer silver or white gold.  My wedding set is yellow gold, though.

Handbag I Carry most often: Diaper bag.  Haven’t carried a "real" purse in years.  Can’t seem to master the skill of having both a diaper bag AND a purse, so I just throw it all in one big bag.

Insomnia: All the time.  ALLLLLLL the time.  Thank you, Lord, for Ambien.

Job Title: Referee, nutritionist, coach, teacher, nurse, banker, chauffer, recreational coordinator, housekeeper and occasionally jailer to four great kids.

Kids: Three boys:  Adam (8…"almost 9!" he would shout if he were here), Stephen (7), Joseph (5), and a daughter: Corrie (18 months).  And no, those aren’t their real names.

Living Arrangements: In a 25-year-old, two story, four-bedroom house in Somewhere, Oklahoma.  I share the space with a husband, four children, a dog, a hermit crab and an excessive amount of clutter.

Most Admirable Trait:   Felt weird answering this about myself, so I asked Hubs.  His answer was my "empathy for others."

Naughtiest childhood behavior: Wasn’t particularly naughty as a child.  My parents read this, and I’m sure they could leave some suggestions in the comment section.

Overnight hospital stay: Just four labors and deliveries.  With my last child (Corrie), my water broke at 32 1/2 weeks, and I had to be on bedrest in the hospital for 10 loooooong days.  Thank goodness for friends who came to visit me and kept me from losing my mind.

Phobias: Heights and deep water, meaning that flying over the ocean is essentially OUT for me.  Also get a little creeped out driving across super flat, wide-open spaces, like the panhandle of Texas.

Quote: I adore quotes, and one of my most treasured possessions is my "quote book", where I record all my favorites.  I suppose if I had to nail down one favorite it would be by Corrie ten Boom:  "I have learned to hold all things loosely, so that God will not have to pry them out of my hands."  Actually, my favorite quote is anything Corrie ten Boom said, period.  Well, and anything C.S. Lewis said.  Or Elisabeth Elliott.  Okay, basically, I just can’t narrow it down.  If there are any other quote lovers out there, I highly recommend this book.

Religion: I’m a Bible-believin’, Jesus-lovin’, grace-needin’, Holy-Spirit-claimin’ member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA).  But to me the which isn’t nearly as important as the Whom.

Siblings: 1 younger brother, who is one of my dearest friends.  Also have two great sisters-in-law (my brother’s wife and my husband’s sister)

Time I wake up: At the latest possible second.  Usually around 7 or 7:30.  My kids don’t have to be at school until almost 9, which works really well for me.

Unusual Talent or skill:  I was a majorette in high school and twirled a fire baton.  And I can read so fast it freaks out my husband.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Cabbage.  Not wild about green peppers, either.

Worst habit:  Oh my gosh, way too many to count.  Probably poor time-management would be the biggie.  As evidenced by the fact that I’m spending waaaay too much time working on this stupid meme.

X-rays: Mostly just dental.

Yummy stuff I cook: Chicken divan, cornbread and fruit salad.

Zoo animal I like most: Meer Kat.  Hakuna Matata.

I tag anyone who wants to play along!

Do you remember that tomorrow is Works-For-Me Wednesday?  Are you absolutely breathless with anticipation?  Get those good ideas ready and teach us all a thing or two.  Let me know if you participate, and I’ll link to you.

Posted in: Fun

24 thoughts on “A…B…C…D…E…F…G…

1. peach says:

Good Morning, friend!! I’m first, I am first this a.m.
    Loved getting to know all these about you.
    I also love quotes and need this book. Thanks for the link.
    See you tomorrow for WFMW! I’ll be there!

2. chilihead says:

Fire baton?!? Wow! I’m so impressed. I so wanted to be that girl when I was growing up! I learn something new about you all the time. And I’m constantly amazed.
    Got my WFMW all ready to go.

3. Carol says:

So, are those the names you plan to use for your NEXT for kids? Just wondering how you chose those particular aliases.

4. Susannes says:

I love quotes too! I keep a journal type book handy to write ones that I like down. One of my fave ones is: “The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, or ethnic background, is that we all believe we are above-average drivers.” I don’t know it I want to laugh or say ouch. 😀

5. Shalee says:

I so want to meet you some day… we have too much in common not to be great friends!
    And I am so there with you on the bathroom cleaning. I want to just throttle my boy some times! Do you say this at your house? “I just cleaned in here and now it has to be done again… Arrrrg!” I do at mine.

6. Gibee says:

What … no side of Redneck?
    And — How do you remember the aliases for your kids? I would constantly forget!
    I’m not too wild about green peppers either!
    Fun list!

7. good, bad and ugly says:

We really do have a lot in common! We are PCA-ers, too. And almost every part of this entry I could relate too! It was fun to read, thanks. I am going to try to link. I’ve never done one of these!?

8. Rachelle says:

I enjoyed reading this. I’ll trade you cleaning bathrooms for folding laundry. Bathrooms don’t bother me a bit. Of course my son isn’t potty training yet, so my tune my change.

9. Traci says:

That was a great meme. So good I decided to do it myself. It’s my first one since joining the blog world. It was fun getting to learn more about you. I’d love to see your Chicken Divan recipe. I’m always on the look out for new ideas for dinner. By the way, I have my WFMW post all drafted and ready to post tomorrow.

10. HolyMama! says:

wide open spaces creep you out huh? i think that’s so funny! (you’d freak out every time you went anywhere, if you lived where i live!)

11. Janice says:

I am putting up my WFMW right after this…
    as for cleaning toilets after boys – yup – gross. I do it daily – hourly sometimes. I just grosses me out way too much to leave it there!
    I am a Canadian – and I just LOVE southern accents – they are so cute! – but not in a demeaning way – they just sound so sweet and wholesome.
    see you tomorrow for WFMW and mine will be up for sure.

12. Karla says:

I loved reading your “youyou”. I’m doing this meme on my blog sometime this week (in addition to the letter game).
    Just wanted to say, on the Phobias, “I feel ya!” I’d love to go to Ireland/Wales one day, but I’ll have to be heavily medicated before agreeing to be heavily medicated for the flight over. =)
    And I didn’t know anyone but me had the phobia of driving across wide open places. I’m totally with you!!

13. Karla says:

Thanks for stopping by & checking out my “R” list & your comment. =) I really liked your list. Yours was my “go-by”, so it at least inspired me & others I’m sure. =)
    I’ve got my ABCs up now.