In Case You Thought I Was Lying

Dscn2247_copy_1

Here is a rock.  In my dryer.  And in case you’re thinking, "but it’s just one rock, and it’s so tiny," let me assure you that he had a whole host of rock friends with him, but when I removed the lint tray they disappeared into the bowels of my dryer, never to be seen again, or at least not until the dryer repair guy makes a very expensive trip to my house to retrieve them because said rocks have ka-klunked-ka-klunked in my dryer engine until it is fried.

Believe me now?

31 thoughts on “In Case You Thought I Was Lying

1. Jennie C says:

I, too, have found rocks in my dryer. And rubber bands. And small toys. And broken jewelry picked up off the floor at Walmart. And important papers which are no longer important. And lighters. And deoderant. And memory sticks. And watches. And pens. And loose change. And wallets. And screws. If it fits in a pocket, it’s probably been in my dryer.

2. Ellen says:

ROFL! Having 4 boys of my own (as well as 2 girls!) I can so sympathize here! I’ve found lots of rocks in my dryer, as well as pocket knives, chapstick, jewelry, sticks, pieces of broken toys, “love letters” (or what’s left of them….desperately try to piece them together to get the juicy gossip, but usually am missing that vital piece, you know! ), etc. etc. This could be why I’m currently “dryer-less” and using lots of clothesline……hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3. mom2fur says:

It’s better to find money in your dryer, although coins are just about as noisy as rocks. At least, though, if they fry your machine…you get a few pennies back for your troubles.

4. Jennifer says:

Yeah, chapstick/kid’s lipgloss in the worst. Tissues are bad, too, but I think I’m as guilty of that as dd.
    Shannon–what program to you use to edit your pics like that? I am trying to fix up a new header for myself.

5. Susanne says:

I’ll take a rock over bugs that have been put into little pockets and are now toast in the bottom of the dryer. You’re too funny! Was someone questioning your title?

6. Heather says:

Have ya tried RED CRAYON?? That’s the BEST! (insert dripping sarcasim here) I got 3 pairs of shorts runied that was – DH lost 2 shirts and the kids each lost a couple outfits… sigh.

7. Michelle-This One's For the Girls says:

Wait ’til they get older. The leaving things in the pockets gets more expensive (though not as expensive as a new dryer…)
    This year I have found both a digital camera and an i-pod shuffle in my dryer. (I know–what kind of mother doesn’t notice items that are that large???) Ruined both of them–wish they were still leaving rocks in their pockets. Oh wait-I’ve got the 3 younger ones for that. Who says you can’t have it all?

8. Mary says:

Nephew 2 of 5 was famous for filling his pockets with gravel. It was sooooo cute. Of course, I never had to wash his clothes.

9. GiBee says:

Oh, I never doubted you … it’s just nice to know that other people besides me never clean out pockets! I’m always afraid of what I’ll find!! LOL!

10. teresa says:

Rocks, spare change, bubble gum (what fun), cheese wrappers (yep…just the wrappers), and starburst fruit candy (my personal favorite).
    This is a list of the things in my dryer in the past month!

11. Kim says:

Never doubted you for a minute…well okay, just a minute, but this is proof in the pudding and sorry about the ‘future’ loss…the good news is less money to be spent on future weddings!
    You might be able to get an endorsement from Maytag?

12. Mama Darlin says:

Once again your sense of humor has me rolling on the floor! Too bad about it rocks really in your dryer though. I usually find pony accesories, hairthings with the balls on the ends (bobby), plastic frogs, my husbands smaller electronics. That one is never a good thing!! Amazingly you get about three washes per electronic before they kick the bucket..LOL.

13. Lauarie says:

No rocks in my dryer today, but last night I found a dead frog at the bottom of my washing machine. Maybe an escapee from the guys fishing trip the other day?

14. Bethany says:

I believe you! I think of you every time I open my dryer door to have rocks come shooting out at my unsuspecting face! Yes, I believe you!

15. Robin says:

Ok, I never doubted your title, but I did think you might be referring to your mental state. So sorry! Of course, listening to that racket every time I dried clothes might make me a little bonkers.=)

16. Addie says:

Ha! LOL! Um, sorry, but it is a little funny. And just thingk, when the repair guy comes, you’ll be “Rocks outta my dryer”. Well, that was pretty pathetic consolation, wasn’t it?

17. momrn2 says:

Too funny (sorry)… but just for the record, I never doubted. You have boys (as I do). What more do I need to say?? 🙂