Come On In!

Tourofhomes Boomama is hosting a house tour today!  To play along, head over to her blog and leave your link.  I’m looking forward to spending the day peeking in your windows.  Okay, that didn’t come out quite right–you know what I mean.

Here are some shots of the Dryer house.  First, our front door…

Frontdoorjpg

Just inside the front door, this is our entry way.  We’re actually having the walls painted beige and the trim painted white in the next few weeks, so it won’t look like this much longer (that’s my dog Ginger, at her front-door post, guarding us all from her evil nemesis, the Mail Carrier):

Entry

Next, our back patio, looking toward our back door…

Backdoorjpg

This is my computer desk (in my kitchen/dining room) where I do all my bloggin’…

Desk

My kitchen/dining room (that’s the "Mom-I’m-Bored" list taped to the cabinets…remember that?):

Kitchen

My favorite room in the whole house–my kids’ bathroom.  I had to include two shots to get the whole thing in.  Those star-shaped hooks are towel hooks with each child’s name painted on it; of course, I blurred out their names:

Bathroom3

Bathroom2

This whole Bloggy Tour Of Homes business is a bit outside of my private Hubs’ comfort zone, so I’m not posting a full picture of my bedroom.  Instead, here’s just my little corner of it.  And I realize this picture makes it look like we have a satin comforter, which would be a bit, um, EWW, so let me assure you that it is tasteful and conservative taffeta-ish material.

Bedroom

Our upstairs hallway.  All our bedrooms are off this hallway.  I’m posting a picture of it for posterity’s sake, because it is usually littered with soccer balls, Transformers and Legos:

Dscn2345

The kitchen table:

Kitchentable2

My oh-so-neat-and-organized sewing table:

Sewingtable

In the interest of full disclosure, and to dispell any remaining myths that I might have my act togetter torgethe together, here is a picture of the floor of my closet in all its organized glory:

Dscn2348

I’m not posting a picture of our living area, because it’s undergoing a major (well, major for ME) redecorating, and I want to show you before-and-after pictures when it’s all done.  I had hoped to have pictures for you of my finished master bathroom, but that would require that it be, um, finished.  It’s not.  Soon, very soon…

Head on over to BooMama‘s and play along!

Posted in: Fun

113 thoughts on “Come On In!

1. Stephanie says:

I LOVE your front porch. I am going to have to make me a wreath JUST LIKE THAT!!!
    I love all of the wood moldings on your main floor, and your entry way—to DIE for! You are one talented dryer-type lady!!!

2. Jennifer says:

You have a beautiful home, and I’m especially glad that you showed us just a bit of clutter. It makes me feel better about myself. πŸ˜‰

3. boomama says:

Love the plantation shutters in your sidelights – and especially love the floor of your closet and your sewing table. πŸ™‚ Thanks for doing this, Shannon – so fun. Can’t wait to see your before and after pictures.

4. Addie says:

I KNEW you would have gorgeous decor. Knew it!! Thanks though for showing your closet floor. Mine’s a wreck too, but I’m not as brave as you. Gorgeous home Shannon!

5. PastorMac's Ann says:

The porch, the front door, the kitchen. Wow! What a beautiful home you have. So obvious a home and not just a house! Thanks for letting us be nosey.
    So your kids have towel hooks, but you make them drip-dry? πŸ˜‰

6. Meagan says:

LOVE and I mean LOVE your home…by far one of the most inviting front doors I’ve ever seen.
    Thanks for the glimpse!
    Meg

7. Val says:

Your blogspace right in the kitchen? Now THAT’S convenient! I’m often forgetting to do something for dinner because I’m far away blogging my little heart out. Maybe one day I’ll convert part of my pantry for a blogspace.

8. Mrs Blythe says:

Wow, what a gorgeous house you have Shannon. I love, what I could see, your bed it looks very regal. A bit like what we English see in the Old country houses that have a room set aside for royalty. Your house is just beautiful, how blessed you are :o)

9. Mrs. Shannon H. says:

Shannon–your home is beautiful! So glad you showed some “real life” in there~lol. Everything flows so nicely. Thanks for sharing!
    PS~~Great first name you have! *wink*

10. Jennifer, Snapshot says:

But you do have satin sheets, right??
    Beautiful home–very inviting. Cute dog.
    I wasn’t too sure about the very clean desk and everything else, so thanks for showing the sewing desk and the closet.

11. Bev says:

Loved that you showed the real you. All the way to your closet floor. (You like shoes…) A couple of great ideas I saw – the cover for your table you sew on. IIts always nice to meet anyone else who actually sews…) And I loved the file storage things on the side of your desk – just like the doctors use. Why on earth didnt I ever think of that. Great idea I can use. Thanks for letting me stop by for a visit.

12. Rebecca says:

Your house is TOO beautiful – wow! My brother-in-law, God bless him, gave us a copper brown satin bedset for Christmas last year – comforter, bedskirt, oh, and matching ivory sheets. My cheap husband insists on using them. I. Am. So. Classy.

13. Kim says:

Okay…let me just say I love*love*love the kids bathroom! It’s so colorful. And amidst the uber-clean hallway to the bedrooms I can SO picture all the kids standing behind Mommy holding all their things and as soon as the ‘snap’ is heard from the camera…it all explodes back onto the floor. Oh maybe that’s my house…and me (no kids after all)! LOL
    Lovely home, and I can’t wait to see the transformed living room. I think in heaven I’m going to be a heavenly home decorator!

14. mimi2six says:

I’ve seen Shannon’s home in every possible state…..from the clutter-free look in the pictures to the everyday wear and tear look that all of our homes stay in, and I can tell you that whatever state it’s in, it always oozes love and comfort and hominess and life! You have a wonderful home, Shannon, in every way. Perhaps it’s genetic??? πŸ™‚

15. janet says:

Love it! Your front door pic is beautiful. what a welcome to your home.
    My favorite is the photo of your dog. I think our could have been sisters. If I have a photo I will post it because they could be twins.

16. Sarah says:

Okay, we are definitely going to have to meet now–I LOVE your house! (I mean, we could still be friends if I didn’t–you know what I mean!!) And your kids’ bathroom is beyond adorable!! Such great decorating ideas for me to steal–I mean, borrow:)

17. Kelli says:

I love your porch and patio!! The flowers are so pretty!!! Your entire house is beautiful … and I Posted bathroom pics as well. LOL — THanks for having us over πŸ™‚

18. Karla says:

Beautiful home! Love the wreath on the front door. Your home looks so warm & comfortable! Even the bottom of the closet. (I can identify. Don’t tell anybody though, k?) πŸ˜‰
    Thanks for stopping by to check mine out. The yellow in the kitchen is darker than it looks on-blog. It’s a dark mustardy/hint-of-orange-almost-coming-through yellow. We had it custom blended to match the wallpaper. =) When we first moved in, we had it painted a bright yellow color! Ergh! It still makes my teeth itch just thinking about it! *shutter!*
    Thanks for the tour of your home! Beautiful!

19. PEA says:

Thank you so much for sharing a glimpse of your home with us:-) You have a beautiful home and I love all the decor!!

20. Kelli says:

I am taking the home tour with my 8 year old daugher and we both think your home is lovely!! The wreath on the front door is incredible!! I also would love to spend some time on your back patio. What a relaxing place! Thank you for sharing pictures with us!
    Kelli and Grace

21. Lauren says:

Your home is beautiful, love the colors, it’s warm and other than that strange satin bedspread it’s completely unpretentious. Which is just like you, except without the satin covering.. you.. either… I think. Did that come out right. I was trying to be nice but I’m just so confused by the satin comforter. πŸ˜‰

22. TOSPUBLISHER says:

Where to begin? Your front door is lovely, the patio is my favorite though! Still, your children’s bathroom is fun and inviting, for a bathroom. Very nice, very nice indeed!
    -gena

23. Karen says:

Um, yeah. Commenter number 63. That’s me.
    Your home is so cozy and inviting. Someday when I grow up I hope to gain some decorating skills.

24. rummy says:

love your house!
    your patio is gorgeous!
    thanks for posting a comment on my mom’s blog.
    (pastormac’s ann)
    heres rummy signing off.

25. emily says:

i adore your back porch; it looks like a great place to relax! also your huge wreath. love it! and i’m glad you mentioned that your bedspread wasn’t satin….cuz it kinda looked that way. πŸ˜‰

26. Charlsie Swadley says:

Wow I love the kids bathroom, you are inspiring me to do something in my kid’s bedrooms. Also I can not believe how dense I am, especially since I have been reading your blog for months, but I just realized that your last name is Dryer, hence your blog name. I just thought it came from the time you actually found a rock in your dryer. Ok sorry feeling silly now!

27. Shannon in Arizona says:

I feel like I just toured the Home of the Bloggin Stars! The houses I noticed where most of the Women I visited are sooooooooo different then the one’s here in Arizona. The houses have such personality and backyards. I have a huge grey cinderblock fence all the homes are stucco and can see into my neighbors house and hear them talking at night about their life. That is the only way I know them….LOL
    Oh yeah and there is like 10 other houses on my street that look like mine. I love the houses I have seen! Thanks for sharing!

28. Joy says:

Beautiful!! I love the back patio! Thanks for sharing the picture of the closet floor…it’s good to be real!
    Blessings!

29. Sandra says:

LOVE the kids bathroom, and the back patio is gorgeous, I could see myself just sitting back there with a tall glass of iced tea πŸ™‚

30. Beckie says:

Great house!!
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    *I love your clean hallway! Oooo! I better think about cleaning THAT now!!*

31. Katrina says:

Beautiful home, Shannon! I love it. And your back patio looks like a wonderful place to relax and unwind. Thanks for the tour!

32. Carol says:

I love your house, Shannon! But that dog has just won me over. If he ever turns up missing, you’ll find him south of the Red River!
    P.S. Looks like your outdoor plants are holding up pretty good despite the heat.

33. Melanie says:

I love the wreath on your front door! The kids’ bathroom is really cute and bright. The bottom of my closet looks very similar!

34. Paulette1958 says:

Shannon I visit your site alot. When I came to your tour I thought this house fits you to a tee. It is so beautiful, warm and cozy. It is definately Southern. You are very creative. I loved it so much. I love the long counter in your kithchen next to your desk. The stairs are awesome, It was all just beauiful and I am glad I was able to visit.
    Blessings to you, I love coming to your site!!!!

35. Virginia says:

I love the one picture that has all those beautiful windows! I am getting my house built and I was thinking about having a wall like that. I love it!

36. Tammy says:

I’m still getting around to reading to touring everyone’s home and it’s Saturday evening! πŸ˜‰
    Can’t believe I forgot about the popular Rocks in my Dryer! And your home is gorgeous. I love you patio area…looks like jus the place to sip some ice tea or lemonade! And the kids’ bathroom is darling. And your bedroom- well… left side of the bed, anyway- is very elegant! πŸ˜‰
    Thanks for the great tour.
    ~Tammy

37. Sarah says:

Are those parquet floors in your entryway? I haven’t seen those in a very long time. Your house is very cosy and comfortable looking! And cute dog!!!

38. Amy says:

What a beautiful house! One of my favorite things in it was the red clock in the children’s bathroom (random, I know!) Where did you find that?
    Your house is beautiful!!

39. Gail says:

Beautiful home! Love that front door and the fact that you have shutters or blinds on your sidelights…wish I had that! Awesome back patio, too cute bathroom. And my sewing is always a HUGE mess, you are braver to show it than I am! Thanks for having us in.

40. Erin Amber says:

Nice digs! You have a wonderful home! ANd I really like how the vacuum tracks end right at the entrance to your closet! How true! I’m glad I’m not the only one that stops at doors instead of opening and continuing into the darkness!

41. Sarakastic says:

What a great blog, I’m so glad I found it on the tour of homes. Your bedroom furniture is amazing and congrats on having a clean hallway.

42. Shalee says:

That house just screams “When are you inviting Shalee over for a visit?!” or something like that. πŸ™‚
    I can’t wait to see it in real life someday. I bet it is even more impressive upclose and personal.
    And that front door? Gorgeous!

43. Diane says:

What a beautiful home! Thanks for letting us get a glimpse of one of our favorite blogs to visit. BooMama had such a GREAT idea! Now I can read everyone’s post and visualize where they are setting while typing. I’m not a stalker…I promise! Just love getting to know other blogging friends a little better.
    Diane

44. Kate says:

I love that wreath on your door. my entry is so lame and I just don’t know what to to to the front of the house (beyond taking down the kid’s blow up pool). This tour has giving me alot of inspiration.