Busted!

My husband is a hands-on dad.  He is involved in every area of our kids’ lives and is attentive to the smallest detail–bedtime, stomach viruses, homework, you name it.  But he will move Heaven and Earth to keep from changing a diaper–he hates it.  HATES IT.  Even just the wet ones gross him out–the dirty ones have been to known to elicit a response like this.

I confess that I have used this to my advantage more than once.

"Let’s see, Honey…would you like to re-caulk the bathtub and scrub the grout and bleach the fixtures, or change Corrie’s diaper?"  Yep.  He chooses the tub.

Which is why it was so funny when Stephen asked me hypothetically yesterday, "Mom, if you could go back before you were born and choose whether you wanted to be a man or a woman, which one would you choose?"

"A woman," I said without hesitation.  "Which would you choose?"

"DEFINITELY a man, so I won’t have to change any diapers."

Busted.

17 thoughts on “Busted!

1. Paulette1958 says:

lol I think I just woke my kids up laughing. Men are so macho yet can’t handle a diaper. I have known woman to be like this as well, I know a husband who passed out in the delivery room at all 3 of his kids birth, so his wife gave him diaper duty, I guess she couldnt handle the dirty diapers either, lol

2. Adventures In Babywearing says:

My husband refuses to change diapers unless they are Pampers. He says they don’t leak, which is mostly true. We use Pampers 100% of the time and just the other day even he marveled that he’s only changed 1 or 2 diapers EVER on our 10 month old!

3. Shannon in Surprise, Arizona says:

Haaa haaaa that is great! My main squeeze likes changing diapers has no problem doing it. He loves doing anything inside the home, laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning…..diapers! BUT, I can’t get him to do honey do’s. He does diapers Sat. and Sun. I do diapers Mon-Fri. It works out nice.

4. flipflopmamma says:

My hubby also hates changing diapers. He will only do it if I’m not home. He has gotten me up from naps before to change a poopy diaper! Can you believe the nerve???

5. Kelli says:

Ok- dare I say my hubby could knock down a diaper better than I could? And has … rebuilt my engine, rebuilt my house AND likes to swing on the porch swing with me. He hates football (ok, I watch the SuperBowl alone) and loves anything from Bath and BodyWorks.
    Now, blood? That is where he draws the line. Passed out cold getting our pre-marital blood test and when the nurse grabbed his hand and made him cut the cord with #2.
    That’s my story, and I’m stickin’ to it 🙂

6. GiBee says:

I wish you could have seen some of the “blow-out” poopie diapers my husband has had to change … well, then again … you have!

7. Shalee says:

My Mr. Right never baulked at changing a diaper and for that I am thankful. I, however, did baulk at cleaning up vomit, so thankfully for me, he took that job too… mainly because he didn’t want to clean up after me too.
    It’s the small stuff that counts I tell ya!

8. MJ Shore says:

That was too funny! My 5 year old son catches me quite often as well. He told me recently he doesn’t want to be a Mom when he grows up. I told him that was okay because he was a boy which would make him a Dad when he grows up, gets married , and has children..hopefully in that order! He said that was good because being a Mom was too much work and it made you tired, grumpy, and sometimes crazy! Out of the mouths of babes!