Works For Me: Make-Your-Eyes-Roll-Back-In-Your-Head Biscuits

Wfmwheadersmall

Seriously.  These biscuits are THAT good.  And THAT easy, too.

Take approximately 3 cups of Bisquik baking mix.  Add approximately 1/2 cup brown sugar.  Slowly add milk, stirring as you go until the mix is moistened just enough to stick together in dough-y little balls (sorry I’m not more exact; I wing it every time on this).

Form the dough into balls into a size of your choosing and flatten slightly (the dough is very sticky; it’s much easier if you moisten your hands with water first).  Bake at 425 for about 9 minutes.  Here’s a picture of the finished product:
Dscn2515

These are SO good your family might eat them all before they make it to the table!

Want to share your clever idea with all of Bloggityville?  Leave your link below!  First-timers, please read through the guidelines here

34 thoughts on “Works For Me: Make-Your-Eyes-Roll-Back-In-Your-Head Biscuits

1. Laura says:

Oh I’m a terrible cook and baker. In fact I tried to make buns the other day and ended up throwing out the entire batch of batter because I just couldn’t get it to stick together. These though I think I might be able to handle. I will have to try it out just to see if my eyes really do roll back in my head…lol. Thanks! Laura

2. Kilikina says:

I’ll have to try these! glad you are back, hopefully i’ll get back into the swing of things and posting wfmw each week again.
    ps- do you actually read all the millions of wfmw people post? surely not.

3. Mommy Dearest says:

The brown sugar sounds awfully interesting – a little sweetness to them, huh? I might have to try this. Bread is one of those things I don’t always have time to make.

4. KimC says:

Oh, sounds yummy, but as a wife to a southern boy, I don’t think I’m allowed to put sugar in biscuits. That would be like (gasp!) SWEET cornbread. Yankee stuff.
    But if we called them scones…I’m in!

5. Mom2fur says:

For all I love to cook, I can’t make biscuits (or pie crust). I’ve only recently learned how to make gravy the right way. I just might have to try your biscuit recipe before I give up hope!

6. kris says:

Sorry I accidentally had to post my link twice…i forgot to put the subject in, I’ve never done this before.
    The biscuits look great, I’ll have to try that!

7. Magi says:

These sound really interesting. I hate rolling out and cutting biscuits. I like the idea of your method. I’ll be checking it out. Thanks!

8. Betty says:

Your biscuits look good. This is my first works for me Wednesday post. Thank you for hosting this. I have gotten some great ideas. YOU ROCK!

9. Amy says:

Welcome back, Shannon! I can’t wait to give these a try. I FINALLY got my entry up- you will see why when you visit my blog 🙂 Took me a bit longer than usual!!

10. Kathleen Marie says:

Bisquick is one of the world’s greatest inventions! I recently made biscuits to put on top of chicken and dumpling stew. We cut them into leaves using a cookie cutter. It was so cute.

11. Jen says:

Tried these last night, and my apathetic-to-bread husband made a comment without being prompted on how good they were! 😀 My daughter loved them too!!! Thanks!

12. KimC says:

We tried these, but didn’t have the bisquick. Just made my usual biscuit recipe with brown sugar added and everyone’s eyes rolled back in their heads.
    And yes, I had to call them scones or my southern children would have tattled to my southern husband and Oh would I get it for putting sugar in the biscuits! Cuz you know, Redcoats are OK now that the American War for Independence is over, but don’t you dare cook like a Yankee!