Humility

3musketeers Today Joseph innocently piped up from the backseat, "Mom, what would you look like if you were skinny?"

Nice.  I guess this means I’m laying off the Three Musketeers tonight.

27 thoughts on “Humility

1. His Singer says:

OUCH!!!
    Almost as bad as when my daughter, full of the honesty of a kindergartener, said, “Mommy, why are you fatter than all the other mommies?”
    OW! The truth, it does indeed pack a wallop!

2. Allyson says:

My daughter recently told a room full of people that I drink Diet Pepsi because I’m “fat and need to be on a diet”. I just about cried. In reality, the only reason I drink diet sodas is because I’m hypersensitive to sugar, but somewhere along the message got muddled.

3. Antique Mommy says:

The answer to his question is this: a mean, scary, psychotic, chocolate-deprived skinny woman raging inside for a Three Muskateers bar. Is that what you want Joseph? Now is it?

4. Tara says:

Calories don’t count if you don’t let anyone see you eat them. Just eat the Muskies when nobody is looking and you’ll be good!

5. kelli in the mirror says:

Oh dear. I’d skip the stuff like Snickers with all the nuts and caramel, maybe. But Three Musketeers? Munch away. It says right on the package it’s got 45% less fat or something. 🙂

6. Susanne says:

Well, Shannon, three musketeers is the healthy choice don’t ya know? They have so much less fat and calories that they float in the air and the store cashier has to climb a ladder to get them down. So that means they are a diet food, right?

7. Beck says:

OUCH. One of my kids told me he liked snuggling with me much more than with daddy, and when I asked him why, he said:
    “Because you’re so fat and cuddly, mama!”
    Sigh.

8. Goslyn says:

Oh ouch. And you’re not even heavy!
    I would have had to bite my tongue not to say something smart like:
    “I don’t know. What would you look like sitting in your room and not playing video games/ playing with friends/ eating halloween candy for the next two weeks?”
    Reason number #512 why you are a much better, and more patient mother than I will ever be.

9. edj says:

I think that comment means you NEED some 3 Musketeers. Beside, they’re practically lo-cal. Although if you are really concerned with eating healthy, dark chocolate is the best for you. That’s why it’s the choice for me!

10. edj says:

11. Aunt Murry says:

I had a complete strange kid (3 or 4 years old) walk up to me one day and ask me why I was fat. I simply looked at her, as her mother died from mortification and said “God made people in all shapes and sizes. Me? He just gave a little more shape and size too.” They know not what they say. They have no point of reference. I figured it was an honest question and I gave an honest answer. I tried not to take it personally although it did sting just a little.

12. Melissa says:

Wow! I’m just waiting for the day my 3 year old pipes up with the same type of comment. Makes me want to do something about my weight before she has a chance to! 🙂