He’s All Mine and You Can’t Have Him

J0175490I was bemoaning to Hubs the other day that Cover Girl lipstick has discontinued the color Rum Raisin.  My color.  For years.  Rum Raisin and I have a long and dramatic history together, and it was with a sad heart I learned we were being forced to part ways.

My ever-logical Hubs wasn’t impressed.  "Just find another color," he said flippantly.  Clearly, he has never searched for a new shade of lipstick.  A good trait in a husband, now that I think of it.

The next day, he noticed me digging into the last of my Rum Raisin with a lipstick brush, and he asked what I was doing.  I explained that I thought could eke out a few more weeks of Rum Raisin this way.  He laughed and shook his head and mumbled something about being thankful that he’s a man.

When I was climbing into bed later that night, he nonchalantly came upstairs and reported, "I just ordered you seven tubes of Cover Girl Rum Raisin on E-bay."

"You did WHAT?" I shrieked.

"I found some Rum Raisin lipstick on E-bay.  It was only $2.99 a tube, and they had seven tubes, so I ordered them all."

You would think, after twelve and a half years of marriage, it would be hard for him to surprise me.  But he couldn’t have shocked me anymore if he’d gone on E-bay and ordered a giraffe.

Mine, all mine–both the lipstick and the man.  And I’m not sharing either one.

50 thoughts on “He’s All Mine and You Can’t Have Him

1. meredith says:

“Clearly, he has never searched for a new shade of lipstick. A good trait in a husband, now that I think of it.”
    …that really made me laugh, and the rest of your post is such a sweet example of love.

2. Lori says:

Wow! What a man! My man is like that in other ways, not, though, in remembering what I like or ask for. After 14 years he has just stopped asking me if I want tomatoes on my salad–but he spent three months giving me a beautiful kitchen in which to put tomatoes on HIS salad!

3. janet says:

it is so wonderful to hear others have great husbands too. Sometimes, I think I am the only one then I read the blogs of you and your friends and know I’m not the only one!
    Oh, and you know I am going to check CVS for rum raisin just to see the color!

4. becky says:

NOOOOOOOO…..that is my color as well….and your delightful husband bought it out……noooo
    oh….and what an awesome husband you have.

5. Jeanette says:

I have never posted a comment before but after reading about your hubs, I just had to. That is the single most selfless thing I have heard of (from a man). They do have a way of surprising us, don’t they??

6. chilihead says:

I have a whole new respect for the man. Seriously. But if it comes in a box with thigh-high fishnets? You’ll know there was an ulterior motive. πŸ˜‰

7. JaneD says:

This is worth serious “Hubby Points”. Give his a big hug and look for ways to surprise him. Isn’t love grand.

8. qtpies7 says:

My husband laughed at the “good trait for a husband” comment. But I cried and cried that he went out and searched for your lipstick and ordered you as much as he could! He HEARD you!!!! He even remembered the brand name and color!
    Thats just the most romantic and sweetest thing I’ve ever read……
    (Ok, I just had a baby, so maybe thats why I’m crying over a romantic gesture to someone I don’t even know, lol.)
    God bless,
    qtpies7.blogspot.com

9. Ronna says:

My daughter got married last Saturday, and we spent NO LESS than $100 on finding JUST THE RIGHT SHADE of lipstick. She was not satisfied until about 12 hours before the wedding, and I am not kidding you. She has a total love hate relationship with all lipstick. It looks pretty in the tube, brown on her lips. It was tragedy of epic proprotions I tell you. What was worse was when my best friend lost her keys and the lipstick was locked in her truck for the rest of the wedding day…. oy vey. Thank GOD (Yes Lord, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!) it was one of those “put it on it never comes off” kind. She just needed more gloss all day.
    And how can they discontinue RUM RAISIN???? That stuff has been around FOREVER! Good heavens. Your husband is the greatest. Perhaps by the time you run out, Cover Girl will discover the error of their ways and “recontinue” the color.
    I love your site!! If you want to pop over to mine, I have posted a few pics of the wedding, you can view the perfect lipstick shade, lol.
    ~Ronna