Works For Me: Easy Garlic Bread

Wfmwheader_5 Here’s a cheap and easy way to do garlic bread ("red-neck garlic bread", as Hubs so lovingly calls it).  I serve this nearly every time we do Italian, and my family loves it!

First, take hot dog buns and cut them in half like this:

Garlicbread1

Open them up and spread them out on a baking sheet, like this:

Garlicbread2

Put them in the oven (I use my toaster oven) and get them nice and toasted.  While they’re toasting, melt some butter or margarine and stir in either garlic powder or (our favorite) dry ranch dressing mix.  When the bread comes out of the oven, spread the butter mixture over it.  Voila!  Garlic bread!

Garlic_bread_3

Want to share your helpful tip with Bloggityville?  Leave a link below.  First-timers, please read through the guidelines here before posting.

32 thoughts on “Works For Me: Easy Garlic Bread

1. Pastormac's Ann says:

Mmmm, yummy! Yes, we have definitely done this. Usually when we’ve used up all the hot dogs and have buns left over – due to the incomprehensible unequal packaging of hot dogs and hot dog buns (10 dogs to a pack. 8 buns to a back.)

2. Jenn says:

We do this with burger buns since an 8 pack lasts a couple a pretty long time. I am going to try the ranch dressing mix-yum!

3. Nettie says:

I never thought of using the extra hot dog buns like that, or using the ranch dressing. (Although, I have spread garlic butter on Italian loaf slices and broiled them. Sometimes I then top them with fresh sliced tomatoes, chopped basil and mozzarella cheese and broil them again. Mmmmmmm!)

4. Becky says:

Love me some garlic bread! Great idea…thanks. I just posted my first Works for me Wednesday, but forgot to put a description. Sorry! It is a teacher gift idea (I didn’t see the delete link or I would have done so).

5. Martha says:

What a great idea! I love that you can make as many or as few as you want! I have no problem eating an entire loaf of garlic bread by myself, but perhaps it would be wise to use your idea and save myself a few calories!

6. Kelley says:

This garlic bread is something I grew up on. My mom used hamburger buns or hot dog buns, with just butter and garlic salt. In the oven, under the broiler for 2-3 min. Simple, easy, fast and Yummy!

7. Heather says:

I’ve never tried the Ranch Dressing version, but it sounds SO YUMMY! My DH complains that I use too much garlic when I cook. I LOVE GARLIC, but I love ranch dressing, too. Thanks for the tip!

8. Gina says:

Might have to try this, though not with Italian food. Being a NY Italian, there are some things that I just won’t mix! Like cottage cheese in Lasanga, and ranch dressing with anything Italian.
    When I moved from NY, to go to college in the mid-west I freaked when I saw someone dip there pizza in ranch dressing.
    Then again, I went three years vowing not to try biscuits and gravy (to me gravy was the brown stuff you put over potatoes) and when I finally did try it, I LOVED it!

9. Beth says:

This is exactly how I do garlic bread at our house. I’ve never tried the ranch flavoring though. I think I’ll try that on our next Italian night. My mouth is watering already.

10. An Ordinary Mom says:

This was my first time participating. Thanks for hosting such a fun and informative event!
    At our house we love to make garlic bread out of hot dog buns. We might have to try it though with the ranch dressing twist.

11. Q&Q says:

I dying about the “red neck” garlic bread. Hey it works for me! Your blog is so festive. My goodness I just want to sing “JOY TO THE WORLD!”