Evidently This Stuff Is More Dangerous Than I Thought

Five-year-old Joseph overheard his big brothers discussing the fact that grown-ups sometimes kiss on New Year’s Eve.  His heart was quite heavy at this disturbing news, and he came to find me.  Here was our discussion:

Joseph:  Are you going to kiss Dad?

Me:  Yes.

Joseph: Will you be wearing lipstick?

Me: Probably.

Joseph: Will you wipe it off first?

Me:  I don’t know–why?

Joseph: Well, you wouldn’t want to kill him.

21 thoughts on “Evidently This Stuff Is More Dangerous Than I Thought

1. Kristy says:

Too FUNNY!!!!
    I wonder if the CIA knows about this? I mean we could have a whole bunch of lip-stick wearing assassins! Lipstick must be cheaper than weapons and apparently just as efficient! Too funny..
    Kristy

2. Fiddledeedee (It Coulda' Been Worse) says:

I love that story! Made me chuckle. But then I got to thinking…….
    I tell you what. You just let him keep thinking that kissing a girl wearing lipstick will kill him. These girls nowadays are ruthless. I think I’m going to start drilling this into my boy’s tiny head. STAY AWAY FROM GIRLS. ESPECIALLY THOSE WEARING LIPSTICK. Do ya think I might be a little over protective? He’s only two. Better safe than sorry.
    I love the new look, btw.

3. mimi2six says:

That is hilarious! I often wonder what’s going on in that little mind……he looks at things in unusual ways!! Ya never know what he’s going to say next.

4. Kelli says:

How funny. My 7 year old and his friend were discussing how kissing is yucky and nasty yesterday and how they hate it when moms and dads kiss because it’s gross.

5. Michelle says:

I agree with Kristy on the kissing girls with lipstick thing is bad news! Although you may have a daughter that fears lipstick or loves to wear it and kiss the boys!! *smile*

6. jen says:

whod a thought that lipstick could have that effect
    i myself dont wear makeup makes me feel subconious
    kids say the funniest things 🙂

7. grim reality girl says:

My kids share the lipstick fear! I remember when they were little they both were afraid of the kiss goodbye that might leave a lipstick trail. Now they get me back by having spitty wet lips when I demand a goodbye kiss. Nothing like slopper on the cheek to show they love you…..