Ew. Just…Ew.

In the category of Sentences I Actually Heard Today and Hope Never To Hear Again, here’s this one from eight-year-old Stephen:

"Cool, Mom, LOOK!  It’s half a bat!"

Yes, that’s bat as in "winged mammal", not "wooden sports equipment".

And yes, half of one.

Don’t ask

27 thoughts on “Ew. Just…Ew.

1. Heather says:

I just hope, for your sake, that he wasn’t carrying it into the house at the time. Sounds like something one of my boys would say. Now, I have ample time to prepare a calm and well-thought-out response to it. Thanks for the heads up! BTW, what did you say in response to that??? :o)

2. Jane says:

Now you can understand why it is a small miracle that I am even here today. My father brought my mother a bat in a jar(whole, alive) when they were dating! He snuck it into her all girls dorm at Hartwick when he picked her up for a date. She had to keep it for the night because she couldn’t sneak it past the dorm mother. He thought it was funny. Thank Goodness, somehow, she still found him an worthy suitor.

3. Alexis says:

OH! I know this will happen to me one day too–we havbe bats in our yard (not to mention my belfry! LOL) and I have a 4 year old boy.
    EEEEEK!

4. Pastormac's Ann says:

Wow, that’s right up there with,
    “There’s a decapitated bunny in the yard. Where’s the head?”
    (the head, well half of it anyway, did turn up about a week later.)

5. Tara says:

Thats life with boys isn’t it? Reminds me of when I suggested that the kids go out and march around the garage and shout. Course, when the garage didn’t fall like it did for Joshua they broke out the windows with toy golf clubs!

6. Leanne says:

Reminds me of the bat I found outside our back door, where I hang laundry in the summer. It was dried up …looked a bit like a fruit roll up…

7. proverbs31 says:

LOL. I love it. I look forward to those days when Baby Boy is old enough to utter such statements *shudder.* 🙂
    Leanne – Girls do occasionally find such things but the announcement is usually phrased more like: “Ewww, yuck! Mom it’s half a bat. Gross…get it out of here.” — with their face all squenched up while they stand about six feet away. 😉