Reason #729 Why I Love Having Boys

Today five-year-old Joseph greedily swigged several gulps of root beer, sat back in his chair, and sighed happily as he announced, "Now I can’t wait for the burp!"

23 thoughts on “Reason #729 Why I Love Having Boys

1. Tara says:

Beware, my oldest child is a girl (and usually a girlie girl) and she gets a HOOT out of burping! Maybe it’s because she knows it’ll get a good laugh out of her brothers! Either way, kids are wonderful blessings!

2. Jessica says:

I can’t wait for mine to grow up to the burp waiting stage. Less than a year ago I was begging him to burp…soon I will be hoping the burp doesn’t come in the middle of prayer at church! 🙂

3. Sarah says:

I have one boy right now and I can’t wait for him grow into a “big boy.” I am also relishing in his babyhood. My two nephews are planning to teach their only cousin how to burp and other gross boy stuff. What Fun!

4. qtpies7 says:

LOL, yes burping and farting are a sport over at our house with 4 boys and dad. With all the nose picking they should start a booger contest at my house, hehe.

5. Ami says:

LOL! Boys…you never know what they’re going to do or say next, but you can guarantee that a bodily function will be added into it!

6. Margaret says:

that is hilarious! Funny, but I look forward to when my little boy will do the same thing! He’s only 7 months old now!
    Stay safe in that snow! Are you in OK or ARK?

7. Clemntine says:

I’m a girl. I bleed estrogen. I have three daughters.
    Because God is dedicated to my humility, I also have The Boy.
    A ferinstance: WonderBoy was chillin’ in the living room, when, all of a sudden, he jumped up like he’d been shocked and ran to the breakfast area like his hiney was on fire and his hair was about to catch.
    He screeched to a halt and bolted himself to one of the wooden chairs. Then he got kind of a faraway look in his eyes and began to strain. I had observed it all from my post at the kitchen sink, and I asked him if he was okay.
    He replied with a strained,”Yeah…Mom…I just…thought I was gonna…burp…in my bootie…and it’s louder on one of these chairs.” He went back to “concentrating.”
    And then, to his everlasting delight…RRRRRRIIIPPPPPPPPP!

8. Sally says:

I have 2 daughters but one burps loudly all the time and the other one farts loudly all the time, and they are proud of their “talents”!! Who says girls are always “ladylike” and boys are the only ones who do these things???