Dryer Family Math

ONE igloo made of sugar cubes by a very meticulous nine-year-old boy in a school unit on Alaska

plus

ONE two-year-old little sister with a sweet tooth and the ability to climb on top of the dresser

equals

a very angry boy and a very sticky (and hyper) little girl

24 thoughts on “Dryer Family Math

1. Leslie says:

Oh no!!
    My older two made the igloo last year when he was reading Julie of the Wolves and she, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, but luckily no one ate it.

2. Mrs. Pear says:

See, that’s what I added up to as well…. Good to know my answer was correct! πŸ™‚
    I am very sorry about the destroyed igloo, the unhappy boy, and the hyperactive girl….

3. Ashleigh says:

Oh, poor, poor nine year old boy! :sad smile:
    I remember the long hours put into making my igloo all those years ago, and you wouldn’t want to imagine my wrath if my little brother had done the same… yikes. πŸ˜‰

4. Dawn says:

I could tell where that was going! πŸ˜‰ We have had way too many similar situations with my almost five year-old and the 20 month-old already! (Most recently involving scribbling all over a very carefully kept diary of how big his ‘growing alligator’ was getting – one of those silly toys that expand when immersed in water.) Drama, drama…

5. GiBee says:

Ugh!!!
    Good luck with bed time tonight! LOL! I mean, not that I’m laughing AT you. No. I’m not. I’m just laughing at the story.

6. the Butler's Wife says:

I am a teacher, and I have to say I have heard all the excuses except, “My sister ate my homework.” Ooops, I see someone has already mentioned that. Hope you took pictures. That will carry much weight.

7. Susan G. says:

Sounds like my house! I swear the hardest part of parenting is keeping a straight face at times like these.

8. Amy says:

Oh no! I hope big brother recovers from the trauma quickly. And I hope you all get little sister calmed down sometime this year… LOL!

9. Chelsea says:

An igloo? We had to made a California Mission (as in church) out of sugar cubes! Mine was enormous and it even had a working bell tower. I wish I’d only had to do an igloo. Must be a regional thing — I bet my kids will have to recreate the Alamo in sugar.