Dryer Family Math

ONE igloo made of sugar cubes by a very meticulous nine-year-old boy in a school unit on Alaska

plus

ONE two-year-old little sister with a sweet tooth and the ability to climb on top of the dresser

equals

a very angry boy and a very sticky (and hyper) little girl

24 thoughts on “Dryer Family Math

1. Leslie says:

Oh no!!
    My older two made the igloo last year when he was reading Julie of the Wolves and she, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, but luckily no one ate it.

2. Mrs. Pear says:

See, that’s what I added up to as well…. Good to know my answer was correct! 🙂
    I am very sorry about the destroyed igloo, the unhappy boy, and the hyperactive girl….

3. Ashleigh says:

Oh, poor, poor nine year old boy! :sad smile:
    I remember the long hours put into making my igloo all those years ago, and you wouldn’t want to imagine my wrath if my little brother had done the same… yikes. 😉

4. Dawn says:

I could tell where that was going! 😉 We have had way too many similar situations with my almost five year-old and the 20 month-old already! (Most recently involving scribbling all over a very carefully kept diary of how big his ‘growing alligator’ was getting – one of those silly toys that expand when immersed in water.) Drama, drama…

5. GiBee says:

Ugh!!!
    Good luck with bed time tonight! LOL! I mean, not that I’m laughing AT you. No. I’m not. I’m just laughing at the story.

6. the Butler's Wife says:

I am a teacher, and I have to say I have heard all the excuses except, “My sister ate my homework.” Ooops, I see someone has already mentioned that. Hope you took pictures. That will carry much weight.

7. Susan G. says:

Sounds like my house! I swear the hardest part of parenting is keeping a straight face at times like these.

8. Amy says:

Oh no! I hope big brother recovers from the trauma quickly. And I hope you all get little sister calmed down sometime this year… LOL!

9. Chelsea says:

An igloo? We had to made a California Mission (as in church) out of sugar cubes! Mine was enormous and it even had a working bell tower. I wish I’d only had to do an igloo. Must be a regional thing — I bet my kids will have to recreate the Alamo in sugar.