Is There Such a Thing as an Easter Parka?

Weather

Oh, but come rain or sleet or unseasonable Arctic blast, that daughter o’ mine will still be wearing her white patent-leather Mary Janes tomorrow.  She just may be wearing wool tights along with them.

Posted in: Fun

24 thoughts on “Is There Such a Thing as an Easter Parka?

1. Mama says:

I hear ya!! My daughter will also be wearing her’s along w/ her pretty little “sun dress”. I hope it is at least sunny! 😉
    It will look soooo cute w/ her winter coat!!

2. dcrmom says:

Gads. Same here. And my girls’ Easter dresses are soooo summery. Grammie bought them, so I didn’t have much say, and they are GORGEOUS but so NOT 40 degree weather attire. Oh well. Hope they have the heat cranked up in the church building tomorrow!

3. lori m says:

We’re in the same boat, Shannon! 19 degrees at 7 a.m. We’ll be bundled up for sure. Happy Easter!

4. Eliza says:

It’s suppose to be chilly here as well, tonight everyone was wearing jackets and looking for easter eggs. (flashlight easter egg hunt)

5. LadyBug Crossing says:

I don’t even buy Easter outfits anymore! It’s always too cold… I go and get the outfits after Easter – on sale – so they can wear them when it gets warm out.. Although, I’m starting to have my doubts…
    xo
    LBC

6. Barb says:

What a shame to have such weather on Easter Sunday. I’d put her in wool tights, too. It’s almost like Halloween costumes – here in Colorado it always seems to snow on Halloween and we end up covering our kids’ costumes beneath big coats. Sigh.

7. Heather L. says:

We had an Easter egg hunt in the snow today here. My boys were in their snow pants and stocking caps. (They had other stuff on too, but you get the idea.)
    Funny thing is that it was in the 50’s at Christmas.

8. Diatribal says:

It’s a good thing that I didn’t even try to buy an Easter outfit for my little one this year. It is WAY too cold to wear anything that I looked at purchasing!
    It’s sweaters and long pants with cute furry boots tomorrow!

9. Lari says:

It does always seem to be cold on Easter…not usually this cold tho. Our egg hunt almost had to be moved indoors. I hope this is the last of the cold weather!

10. Missy says:

We froze our buns off today at three soccer games! I’m not even going to attempt to get my girls in anything Easter-y tomorrow. Good to see you last night!

11. proverbs31 says:

We’re in the same boat! Sleeveless Easter dresses (bought by my grandma) with a sweater and a good winter coat! 🙂
    Plus, I have pictures of snow on my bluebonnets on my blog. Just never know what will happen around here. 😛

12. Jenn4him says:

I felt a little silly this morning wearing sandals when it was 30 degrees! But I could not bring myself to wear my boring shoes, not on Easter! I even painted my toe nails.
    Happy Easter!
    Jenn

13. jen says:

Yeah, you too? At least it stopped snowing here now. We didn’t make it to Easter services today, not because of the weather, but because of the grownup-slaying virus my husband and I have. So much for playing my flute today! It’s inside and keeping warm for the lot of us!

14. Jessica says:

I had unfortunately thrown my daughter’s white tights away “after the winter” because they were so dirty on the knees. This morning she wore 0-9mo. leggings and white socks. (She is 33 months!) We looked a little ragged, but at least she got to wear her cute new dress and sandals!! As Boomama said, “Nothing says spring like wool!” Happy Easter!

15. mcewen says:

Oh golly poor you, and here we all are dripping all over the floorboards after our swim, dithering whether to turn the air conditioning on or not!
    Happy Easter

16. Janis says:

I wish I had an Easter parka yesterday. I went with the coat and boots, but my daughter went with the sleeveless dress and sandals. I am just too wussy to be cold for the sake of wearing a new dress. Blessings!

17. floorplan says:

Hahahaha!
    If I’d only thunk…we could have skipped dyeing the eggs and just hidden them OUTSIDE IN THE SNOW for an extra challenging egg hunt : ) Still frozen in New Hampshire… floorplan

18. Jenny says:

My 6 year old wore her open toed sandles,a skirt and a tank with a crocheted sweater over it. I asked her to please put on a sweater than keeps her warm (especially since I didn’t care for what she was wearing, but grandma sent it so oh well). Anyways, she said that she preferred to wear the new sweater even though it made her cold. What exactly is the point of a sweater that makes you cold? I hope you had a happy Easter!