It’s Amazing What a Few Croutons Will Do

That great arbiter of worldly wisdom, Dr. Seuss, once wrote:

"Un-slumping yourself is not easily done."

He’s right.  (Wouldn’t you love to have read Dr. Seuss’ blog?)  After a week of serious un-slumping, I’m feeling remarkably…well, un-slumped.

First, there’s the issue of this snazzy new design.  The brilliantly artistic Jules of Everyday Design drummed it up for me, and I could just eat it up.  No, really–I mean I could actually EAT IT UP.  I’ve been looking at it for the last two days wondering what those little aqua dots would taste like.  If you’ve been thinking of upgrading to a new design, Jules is your girl.

Additionally, I spent some much-needed time away with some girlfriends and laughed until my sides hurt.  I chatted on the phone with some dear bloggy friends who have battled blog-slump themselves.  And oh-for-the-love-of-all-that-is-crunchy-and-tastes-like-heaven, I introduced healthy carbs back into my South Beach diet

Hello, my name is Shannon, and I am human again.

(For those of you who have asked, I’ll post an update on how the diet is going in a few days.)

Mostly, I remembered that a mommy blogger is, first and foremost, a mommy.  It’s an easy thing to forget under the pressure of self-imposed deadlines, I’ve learned.  I spent some sweet times with my kiddos laughing, mending a few hurts, and playing My Little Pony until my eyes crossed.

It’s all about the balance, girls.  And mine is back.

35 thoughts on “It’s Amazing What a Few Croutons Will Do

1. Sarah Pinnix says:

I need to play My Little Pony more often. I have far too many “important” things to do.
    By the way, Good luck on the South Beach! I did it when I was pregnant with DD3 (minus the first stage) and I felt great, and only gained 18 lbs.

2. Sunshine says:

Shannon what happened to your Lost blog? I’m like you with out carbs… please add some healthy lost back in…please?!?

3. el-e-e says:

Hi! I’m new! Have heard of you and read WFMW once or twice but… this week I found my FIRST ROCK in the dryer! My son is about to be 3, so I”m sure it’s the first of many.
    And I just HAD to share. πŸ™‚
    LOVE the new look!

4. momrn2 says:

YEAH! So glad you took the time and you are feeling refreshed! Absolutely loving the new look! Of course, I don’t think you’ve ever had one I didn’t care for! πŸ™‚
    Welcome back!!

5. trina says:

First, LOVE the new design.
    Second, I am with Sunshine, I totally missed you blogging about LOST. So if you get a chance, I’d love to hear what you thought….very interesting episode eh?
    We missed you, glad you are back! Cheers for healthy carbs!

6. Tracy says:

This is my favorite design of yours EVER. And re-affirms that when I grow up and get a real-looking blog I want Jules!

7. Shalee says:

She’s baaaaack! I’m glad that you’ve got a fresh new perspective about life and blogging. And thank you God for carbs!
    Great job Jules! This one feels JUST RIGHT.

8. Tammy H says:

I don’t think I’ve ever signed, but I’ve followed your blog for a few months. I missed your Thursday thoughts on this weeks Lost episode! Glad your back!

9. Lari says:

Glad you had a nice break! That 1st week of South Beach about did me in too. Enjoy your carbs. πŸ˜‰ Your new design is beautiful.

10. Emily says:

I love your new design. And I’m glad you’re back to blogging – what would I do without my Daily Dryer Fix? πŸ™‚

11. Anonymous says:

The new design is fantastic, very fresh.
    Will you be posting about LOST????
    Goodluck with the contiual diet – I began running this week, so it is possible to try new things and stick with it πŸ™‚

12. Shauna says:

I love the new design! And I too missed the LOST post here. (And while I’m on the subject, I think everything pointing to the Losties being dead is a red herring.)

13. lifeasamama says:

drooling over the design.
    i know i’ve only had my current design for a couple of months, but you’re inspiring thoughts of a springtime look!

14. Thea says:

These colors just make me so durn HAPPY! Glad to have you back, although I thoroughly enjoyed your older posts!
    And yes, sometimes croutons do make all the difference in the world.

15. The Preacher's Wife says:

I just love how you made mention of self-imposed deadlines..Oh goodness, I had a melt down this week because Blogger ate my Bible Study session all pretty and ready for publishing. Hubby said, ‘honey, it can wait until the next day’ to which I said, ‘are you nuts!! IT HAS TO BE WEDNESDAY” :)) So I said all that to say you made me realize maybe I can chill just a bit..;)

16. Stacey says:

So glad you’re back on top! It’s so hard to juggle everything as Moms are expected to these days! I had fun reading through all your old posts again though : )