This makes me very, very happy.

24 thoughts on ““…and the nicest thing I can say about her is all her tattoos are spelled correctly.”

1. Katiebod says:

Shannon~ I have to say that Steel Magnolias makes me very happy, too. As morbid as it may seem… my Mom was in the hospital a few years ago dying of cancer and my sister and I sat at the foot of her bed and quoted that movie from start to finish. The three of us laughed harder than I can ever remember. It brought us closer together but, most of all, it brought her laughter in a very dark time. A wonderful memory, indeed.

2. kelli says:

THis came out the year I had a kidney removed. So, although it was weird to watch … This is one of my fav-ir-ite movies of ALL time.
    “We’ll sell t-shirts sayin’ “I SLAPPED OUISER BOUDREAUX!” Hit her!”

3. military mommy says:

This is the essence of living in the south. Takes me right back. I had several people in my growing up town that I am SURE these characters were based upon. πŸ˜‰
    Love Love Love the new web design. I’m only gone from my bloglines for a few days and look what happens! You get a brand new makeover. Very “springy”.
    Love, Michelle

4. Tamara says:

One of my favorite movies ever. Fabulous quotes!! Except they forgot “…..I would rather walk on my lips than spread idle gossip…”

5. Terina says:

thank you for this link! i can’t watch it without crying my head off, but i can read it and just get a few tears….

6. Tater and Tot says:

I’m surprised at how many of those lines are used in my daily vocabulary! This is one of those movies that I can watch 1,000 times and never get tired of! We did scenes from this in my senior drama production – I made my dad practice with me and he had never seen the movie. One Saturday I made him sit and watch it so he would know the context of some of the scenes – he cried as hard as I did ( I cry every time!).
    One of my favories?
    Annelle: Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair.
    Priceless!

7. dcrmom says:

My very favorite movie of all times. “Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.” I never make it through the funeral without BAWLING my eyes out. And then laughing hysterically at those two old biddies fighting on the bench outside afterwards. OH, I haven’t seen it in YEARS. wouldn’t it be fun to have movie night and all of us mirl and watch it together???????

8. Granny says:

My six daughters and I love it. We can’t ever talk about our shoes sizes or wedding colors without quoting half the movie πŸ™‚

9. katherine says:

Even my husband was laughing as I was reading those — although he wasn’t surprised that I didn’t have to look at the screen to finish most of them. Like many of the previous posters — this is probably my most-quoted movie of all time (with The Princess Bride coming in a close second).
    Thanks for the reminder – and the link – I didn’t know imdb did that! πŸ˜‰

10. Barb says:

Makes me happy too. My daughter Krissy and I can quote this entire movie, line for line. What fun it was to read all these great lines.

11. Jill says:

I love this movie and love love love quoting from it. My favorites?
    “You know I love ya more than my luggage.”
    and
    “You are too twisted for color TV”

12. Angela says:

“Time marches on and sooner or later you realize it is marchin’ across your face.”
    I’ve been thinking of this one a lot lately, as my allergies have brought on the LOVELIEST under-eye circles I’ve ever seen. Yikes.
    Thanks for the link. I love that movie. Except now that I’ve had kids, it’s so hard for me to watch.