Home From the Mountains

Okay, I fooled you, just a little.  Since June 28th, I’ve been on vacation in Colorado, using Typepad’s auto-post feature while I was away.  Hubs insisted suggested that I not announce to the internet "hello, our house will be vacant for the next ten days."  Because, you know, a house with Sharpie marker stains on the counters and dog tinkle stains on the carpet is SUCH A TEMPTATION to would-be house burglars.  We’re a real prize.

But now we’re back, and I’m going to do some deep-breathing to recover from all the, um, vacationing.  I’ve traded the gorgeous mountains of southern Colorado for the more smelly mountains of laundry sitting next to me.  (Not to mention my non-smelly but equally overwhelming e-mail in-box).  But in a few days?  Oh yes, I shall share all the blog fodder that can only be generated by a cross-country trip with four children.

25 thoughts on “Home From the Mountains

1. Cheri says:

Glad you had a safe trip! Heh, our house is empty in South Texas, till um, Dec…(but thankfully his line of work, means we have plenty of people watching our house)
    Oh the stories I’m sure you have. We drive from S. Texas to west of Atlanta every year…that’s 1200 miles with 4. So when we came up to New Mexico the vast majority of the 800 miles was in Texas (HAVE YOU EVER DRIVE THROUGH TEXAS it takes WEEEEEEEEEKS lol), the kids breezed right through that drive.

2. Scout's Honor says:

Happy return from vacation…if such a thing really exists for Mommies. I find it dubious since it seems like more work when you are on one and even more still after. I’m still recovering from Disney World in May.

3. Pastormac's Ann says:

Welcome home! Let’s see, you need a vacation to get over having a vacation? Must have been a good time. ;0)
    Colorado is lovely. Hope you were able to relax and really enjoy.

4. Anonymous says:

I just stopped by for the first time, although I am a little nervous to leave a comment. I am pretty sure that my grammar is,… well… and my punctuation…. hmmm.. let see…ANYHOW, what I’m trying to say is, although my mechanics are not all that they should be, I appreciate your site. You are obviously both insightful, and fun a rare combination! Thanks for sharing!

5. Mandy says:

Glad you enjoyed “my” state! I hope you went to Mesa Verde (you mentioned the Southern mountains, so I’m guessing Cortez? Or were you on the eastern side of the Rockies?).
    Can’t wait to read the road trip stories. I anticipate lots of belly laughs.
    Mandy

6. Gretchen says:

I hail from the other side of the mountains in CO, but either way, it’s a great state. Beauty abounds.
    Glad you’re safe and sound, you trickster, you.

7. Rachel says:

My husband does the same thing!! He is crazy about risk-managment. I guess that is why he is in insurance. Welcome home.. Found you via GUSTOGIRL, my sis.

8. Shelly says:

Wow!!! The 4 kids are troopers! Well…okay. Just kidding – you and your husband are clearly the troopers!
    And I agree – I’m always the ones that needs a vacation from my vacation πŸ™‚

9. Deamma says:

I’m with ya!! I just happened on your blog today and am actually doing the SAME thing today!! Minus ONE kid. Who said trips with small children should be considered a vacation?! Ha!
    Know you’re not “laundrying” alone! I’m here..with the smelly piles and all!

10. MorningSong says:

I love that you traded ‘Colorado Mountains for mountains of laundry’!! I love your humor!! Glad no one stole anything from your sharpie stained home!

11. mandy says:

WISE woman to use the auto-post feature!
    glad you had a great break and now need to rest from your break.
    πŸ™‚

12. Scratchin' the Surface says:

We once left out a sharpie, and immediately only boy took it and drew across the tablecloth from one corner to another. Sweet husband said, well, can’t you just wash it? I told him a nuclear blast was about the only thing that would remove it. The sharpies were removed to the top of the fridge til he was about 16 years old. I still get a bit jittery when I see them in drawers at reachable height, like maybe the dog will grab one and go crazy.