Obviously, you can hold whatever kind of giveaway you want at your own site. But if you’re going to link up with this one, I ask that you follow these simple guidelines:
1. Go "live" with your giveaway anytime during the week of July 23. Leave a link directly to your giveaway post at the Mr. Linky here–it will be going up at 8 am CST on Monday, July 23rd. Also, and this is important, you must link directly to your giveaway post in my Mr. Linky. Here’s how you do it.
2. The post containing the links to all the participants will be at the top of my blog all week. The idea being, of course, to direct as much traffic and comments your way as possible! 😉
3. Open your post for comments, and you can draw a winner from the comments you receive.
4. Please, this is a giveaway, not a SALE. Items offered for sale instead of for free will be removed from the list.
5. Please hold your drawing on Friday, July 27 (it doesn’t matter what time of day–that’s up to you). I will host a different Mr. Linky here that day so you can link over to your post announcing the winner, just to make it easier for everyone.
6. Please have your contest open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike.
7. Items that will not be accepted as part of the giveway:
- Anything of a non-family-friendly nature. If I’d be embarrassed for my kids to see it, I won’t let you link to it from here.
- "Percent off" coupons. Item must be offered entirely for free.
- Items that require any type of payment (even for charity) in return.
- Items clearly meant to poke fun at the intent of this giveaway carnival. And I’m the final judge of that.
8. As part of your giveaway, please cover the cost of shipping to your winner.
9. While I expect that the majority of participants will be from the U.S., please note there will be several international participants as well. I leave it up to you whether you want to open up your contest to international participants–the shipping, of course, would be more expensive. Please be upfront about this in your giveaway post.
10. Let your readers know that you’re playing along! Here’s the code for the button:
<p><a href="http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/" target="_blank"><img alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" src="http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/rocksinmydryer/dogdays.jpg" border="0" /></a></p>