You Create the Caption, Volume 2

I swear to you, I did not doctor this photo.

Returning from Colorado last week, we drove the entire length of the panhandle of Oklahoma–it’s beautiful and very remote country.

And passing by a gas station in a little town, Hubs simultaneously slammed on the brakes, nearly threw the camera at me, and said, "You have GOT to take a picture of this for your blog."

And he was right.

Because the punchlines, they are a-flowin’ through my head at a rate too fast to sort, I’ll invite you to create a caption for this gas-station shot:

Horse2

58 thoughts on “You Create the Caption, Volume 2

1. qtpies7 says:

I’m not very creative with captions, but I would have stopped and bought a camera at the gas station to get that picture if I didn’t have my camera with me! LOL
    Thats a good shot!

2. Jill says:

Horse: Does any one know what century this is? My master went in for a drink at the saloon, and I’m still here trying to figure out where in the world I am!

3. Clemntine says:

Gworsh, Wilbur, you’ve been in there long enough to get all the apples and sugar cubes they have. Do they carry salt licks?

4. elizabeth says:

K, anyone who has ever taken a nose-to-tail trail ride KNOWS that horses do not need to purchase gas. They already have plenty.

5. Kimberly says:

Man……I must really be from the sticks. I was looking for something really unusual. It took reading the suggestions to realize it was all about the horse!
    Never mind. Carry on. Y’all.

6. Rebecca says:

Cowboy: Regular or unleaded today?
    Horse: Give me the hard stuff.
    No Shirt
    No Horseshoes
    No Service
    HORSE PARKING 15 MIN
    VIOLATORS WILL BE WAGONED
    *Love the picture. Sweet of hubby to think of your readers.*

7. Amy Scott says:

Nobody else rides a horse anymore?? what? Last week, one of the kids was delivered to summer reading program at the library, on a horse.

8. Amy says:

This is what happens when you put your mart before your horse.
    ***
    I was at Meijer one time after a blizzard (3 feet of snow on the ground, it was day 4 of being stuck in my apartment with two cats, no cable, and only one movie on video – Titanic – and I haven’t watched it since). Anyway, I dug myself out just to get out of the house before I went all Jack Nicholson in The Shining, and I’m walking down the completely empty bread aisle when I hear, “*click* Will the owner of the snowmobile please return to the front of the store?”
    Maybe he was double parked.

9. tammi says:

I couldn’t think of anything witty either, but I’ll vote for the ‘quarter in my slot’ one!! Too funny! Looks like our town!!

10. C.S. says:

I don’t have a caption but I can say that I am seriously not surprised by this sight at all! I could say more but some may be offended!

11. Marian says:

No captions coming to mind…
    But this reminds me of the local tavern in the Wisconsin town where I grew up, parking lot filled with snowmobiles and perhaps one errant truck. Transportation is transportation!

12. Kathryn says:

“Oh, you fill up with the new E 85?!… Well, I make my own natural gas”
    That’s too funny; reminds me of the town I got married in.

13. Amy says:

Oh, this is CRACKING. ME. UP! It reminds me of this past July 4th holiday when we went to TX to see some family. We had just pulled through Krispy Kreme to get the kids some doughnuts and then through Starbucks to get our caffeine fix and we were about to pull out of the drive thru when we had to YIELD to a couple of cowboys on their horses, riding right through the parking lot. My brother in law said, “I’m not sure what the yielding laws are on this one.” As they were passing our front fender, my husband said, “Well, that’s just not something you see every day.”
    Just love that you captured that photo!! So funny!!

14. Jennifer says:

There is a little general store about 90 minutes out of town on Kings River Ranch. They have a sign that says, “Groceries. Beer. Trojans. If we ain’t got it, you don’t need it”
    Diatribals comment about Stop N Git reminded me of that.

15. suzanne says:

I don’t have a caption, but it DID occur to me that you have a very loving husband who is concerned about your blog material! What a guy!!!

16. maria says:

N0 caption, but you could pull up to my local gas station and find the Amish there, filling the horse and buggy…really. They fill cans loaded on the back of the buggy with kerosene, but it looks like they are filling the back of the buggy. While your pic is priceless, it didn’t look at all odd to me..lol

17. GiBee says:

I can’t get passed the fact that you are now liked with http://www.rocksinmydryer.net — and you never.said.anything!!!
    Who cares about the gas station … I was thinking about rocksinmydryer.com, and how another company has it, and oh… I was mourning the fact that you just HAD to have your own URL, and voila! You do! Awesome.

18. Goofybro says:

Humilaty?
    Hey, a horse in a gas station’s parking lot’s gotta do what a horse in a gas station’s parking lot’s gotta do.

19. brenda :D says:

Was that taken in Bluejacket, Oklahoma? It sure looks familiar!
    And I just might recognize the horse, too. Looks like one that the ‘professional cowboys’ had when they came to my in-laws’ ranch to work cattle! Love that golden palomino color!