Schoolsupplies

I apologize in advance for what will probably be a light and fluffy week, blog-wise.  We have three days left of summer, and I want to spend it helping my kids squeeze the ever-lovin’ daylight out of the remaining hours.

16 thoughts on “An Explosion At the Office Supply Store, AKA The Dryer Boys Get Ready For School

1. ashley @ twentysixcats says:

Oooh… school supplies!! How fun!! I remember those days. 🙂 Except we always had to go back the first day of school to get all the specific things that my teachers requested. So double the fun! 🙂

2. Kim says:

Oh poor kids – summer’s over! Here in Ontario, our kids go back after Labour day, Sept 4th – so we have another 3 weeks to go.

3. mopsy says:

It looks like your school district is sane. I will have to lug, for example, TEN boxes of Kleenex over to the school. That’s just the beginning. Basically parents supply everything except the chalkboard and desks. Maybe they should raise taxes…
    Have fun with the boys!

4. Sarah says:

At least your school supplies LOOK like school supplies. My son’s list included: 5 cans of shaving cream, a bottle of vinegar, wax paper, a package of napkind, baking soda, and clorax wipes. Crazy, huh? Must be making volcanos or something…

5. mummymac says:

Wow that seems really early for us.
    Over here we don’t go back till 4th September.
    We’re only heading on our family holiday this Saturday.

6. Dana says:

Yep, here in Texas we start next week….so I’m with ya. I am going to do a post in the next day or so of all the FREE, FREE, FREE office stuff I got from Office Depot’s big sale this weekend here in the Dallas area. Tons of stuff that will end up being for free. I like THAT kind of shopping!
    I will say that I am NOT ready for school to start back. I’m enjoying the summer way too much!

7. Glam Boutique says:

My daughter starts 2nd grade on September 5th and my son starts preschool on the 10th, so we still have some time left, but we’ve already purchased backpacks and lunchboxes.
    That reminds me we have to go uniform and shoe shopping too, guess I’ll go do that.

8. Briggie says:

I know when I was a kid the summer stretched out sooo long I was ready to get back to school and shopping for school supplies was my FAVORITE thing to do. I couldn’t wait to get home and put my binder and pencil case and bookbag in order. I was at the dollar store the other day and I found some awesome buys. Cool magnets for the inside of the locker, colorful magnetic notepads, mini-highlighters, etc…I had fun shopping for my daughter, but made sure I hooked myself up too! hehehehe