Multiple Choice

Imagine–hypothetically, of course–that you were to hear a strange noise in the wee hours of the morning, a noise that wakes you out of your sleep, and you were to go check on the children.  And as long as you’re up, you stop by their bathroom for an, um, visit.  And while you’re sitting there, thinking about the strange noise, you happen to notice a man’s HEAD sticking up out of the toybox directly across the hall from you.  Imagine that you leap up, heart pounding, only to realize that it is, in fact, simply a life-size C3PO toy.  Would you,

A)  Feel very stupid,

B)  Realize that the leaping up was the best cardio workout you’ve had a long time and perhaps it is time to get serious about physical fitness,

C)  Think yourself that if you’re composing blog posts in your head at 3 am, you’ve probably been blogging too long.

D)  All of the above.

I shall leave it to your imagination which option this chick chose.  (Hint:  it’s not A, B or C.)

Posted in: Fun

38 thoughts on “Multiple Choice

1. Jenny says:

LOL! That would so happen to me! Especially if hubby was out of town – overactive imagination get me EVERY time. ๐Ÿ˜› Nothing like a little adrenaline to replace the workout you could/should have done earlier in the day…:D

2. margalit says:

Definately D. Happened to my mom when I was little. I had one of those “life sized” dolls called Patty Playpal, and she was sitting nicely in my rocking chair when my mom went peeking into my room and thought Patty was a robber or something. She made me THROW OUT that doll, it was so scary. I’m still sulking about it.

3. Naomi says:

That is incredibly funny! I’ve had a similar problem with a life-size and very realistic mask of Anakin which lurks about our toybox, and other unexpected areas!

4. Jeannette says:

Well, in my family we have something else. At Christmas time we have a snowman who sits in our bathroom. After you are seated on the throne and relaxed a sensor is activated. Snowman starts singing Christmas carols. This is one of the best things we have. Whenever company goes in the restroom we all get really quiet. And then you hear the snowman.
    Lastly, our family tradition is when you least expect it. And you are sitting on the throne, somebody might walk past the door and they pound really hard on the door with both hands. My brother did this to his wife,my sister-in-law, at my parents home. He thought I was in there. Welcome to the family.

5. cardiogirl says:

Sadly, I now think about what I will blog about the next day, so my answer is C.
    Acknowledging the problem is the first step to recovery, right?

6. Jill says:

Yes D, but how sad is B. It would be true for me lately too, but this week I am breaking the trend and heading to the gym (that I have been paying way to much for and using way too little)

7. Clemntine says:

Since I’ve never stacked books on a bowl which was bravely slammed down over a mammoth killer poisonous dust bunny, which I then sat in the hall armed with a skillet and guarded with bated breath until Gadget Man got home in the wee hours from a business trip, I really have no frame of reference for this post.
    Please try to be more relevant in the future.

8. Rebecca says:

I think in blog too and I haven’t been doing this a full year yet. The dark shadows always play tricks on me. I won’t even mention how dreaming of things like big spiders with lobster claws affect my sleep. I swear I felt something on my foot!

9. Amy says:

I once called my husband and had him rush home from work because I heard voices in the house. I nearly called the police. When he came home I was hiding in the closet with my puppy. It turned out that it was an error message on his computer, and he had set it up to say, “Something terrible has happened!” when that error occurred (he’s a geek). So, I *was* actually hearing voices, but they were supposed to be there. From that day on, there has been a ban on talking computers in our house.
    I was just glad that I called him (a very protective black belt, who drives fast) instead of the cops. That would’ve been so embarrassing.

10. Amy says:

D. would be my answer…..after my heart stopped pounding and I controlled my self to NOT scream. I would be laughing so hard (out of nervousness and shear embarrassment). Then I would debate about telling my family the next morning when I awoke. Knowing me I would share my embarrassment. ๐Ÿ™‚
    ~Amy

11. Tonya says:

Hi, I’m fairly new to your blog and pretty new to blogging. I see that you are from Oklahoma. I grew up there. What part if you don’t mind me asking?

12. Kim says:

You are so funny!! I absolutely enjoy reading your posts! Make me smile all the time! Maybe it’s because the same kind of things happen to me, good to know, we’re not alone!!

13. Jennifer says:

I don’t even think this is strange at all, lol. One time I got up to pee, and stumbled on my way to the bathroom. Suddenly there were bright flashing lights all around, the room was spinning and…I was convinced the aliens had landed right there in my bedroom. Turns out I’d actually tripped on my son’s light up shoes.

14. Mrs. Nehemiah says:

we have a “delightful” c3p0 head & shoulders that sits in the boys windowsill. kinda freaky on moonlit nights to see a figure peering into my son’s room. & the shadows are awful.
    Mrs N

15. Dana says:

Your post is hilarious!!! Sometimes the comments are funnier than the post. I too have been startled by my son’s toys. What makes your story even funnier is where you were when that happened. However, I must say it makes it really convenient when something literally scares the *&^% out of you. ha!

16. Ewokgirl says:

Try walking past a room with a human-sized Star Wars Stormtrooper standing there. I’m used to it now, but when my husband first made the mannequin for his armor, it scared the bejeebers outta me!
    Oh, and it attacked me one time, too. He hadn’t yet come up with a good stand for it, and while I was sitting at the computer, the creepy thing fell over onto me. I definitely screamed!

17. chickadee says:

so funny and so typical of a what happens when you have kids and lots of strange toys. i’ve done the same thing with a plastic rat and a plastic snake.

18. Thea says:

O.K. First I would be very thankful that I was on the toilet because that would save me the hassle of peeing my pants.
    But I’m digging “D”

19. Alice says:

That’s so funny! My hub’s out of town this week – and I learned after the first night to make sure all of the talking toys were turned OFF before going to bed. That first night when the kitty was running around downstairs setting things off nearly gave me a heart attack.
    I love your blog by the way, and wish I could hang out with you and Chili! You sound like you have a blast.

20. Karen (mommy of three) says:

ROFL, yep its D here too:-) These other answers have me laughing so hard, y’all are a funny bunch!
    P.S. Hope there isn’t any flooding in your section of the state, our backyard had minor flooding, but we missed the “big” flood that is 1/2 mile from us to the North and to the East!