Works For Me: The Brand-Loyal Edition

Wfmwheader I am a marketer’s nightmare.  I generally operate under the assumption that generic is perfectly fine, thankyouverymuch, and if generic isn’t available, I just reach for whichever brand name is cheapest that day.

BUT, as I am getting older and turning the act of grocery shopping into a fine art, I am learning that there a few brands that are worth the extra pennies.  Here’s my list, and I’d love to hear yours.

Charmin Ultra toilet paper.  Because y’all, my family’s bottoms deserve the best.  I have even been known to pack Charmin on trips if we’re staying at the sort of place that seems likely to have sandpaper-ish stuff in the bathroom.

Oxi-Clean Laundry Stain Remover.  We take stains to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL in this household, and I continue to be amazed at the messes this stuff can clean up.

Bounty Paper Towels.  I must have an issue with paper products.  But I cannot stand crinkly, stiff paper towels that don’t work.

Tide laundry detergent.  I’m a latecomer in joining the Tide groupies.  For years, I have held out and bought the cheapest detergent I could find.  And it all worked perfectly fine for me.  But then, on a whim, I took out a second mortgage and bought some Tide…and OH MY WORD.  It was the SMELL that did me in.  For the first couple of weeks I nearly hyperventilated every time I did laundry, I was doing so much sniffing.  It’s heavenly.  So I’ve kept buying it in hopes that Hubs will not figure out how much we’re spending on detergent.

Would you believe that’s it?  Nearly everything else I buy generic, or cheapest available.  But there are a few non-grocery brands that I will drive out of the way for:

Honda.  We bought our first Honda about a year and a half ago, and it’s been the most solid car we’ve ever owned.  No wonder people love them so much.  So when it was time to replace my van this spring, we bought another Honda.   I’ll never go back.

Sonic.  I don’t know what they put in their Diet Cokes to make them taste so much better than everyone else’s, but I keep going back.  I think it’s the styrofoam cups that keep the ice fresh ALL day.  My six-year-old son has told me that his dream is to work at Sonic when he grows up, because, he says, "I"ll give you Route 44 Diet Cokes whenever you want."  Sweet boy.

Burger King.  Best fast food burgers.  Period.

Sherwin Williams paint.  In the last five years, we have painted nearly every surface in our entire house, including cabinets and trim.  We’ve tried nearly every brand of paint (we started with the cheap stuff), and let me TELL you it makes a different.  I only use Sherwin Williams now, and it goes on much more smoothly and thickly than anything else.

Also, their Color Visualizer on their website is so helpful.

Okay, girls–share your list of must-use brands below.  Works-For-Me Wednesday guidelines can be found here

And y’all?  I am SO not trying to be a meanie about this, but I’m going to delete any WFMW links that go directly to the front page of a blog instead of to the WFMW post.  People browse through WFMW all week long, so if your link doesn’t go straight to your post, it can be frustrating for readers to find it.  Please, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS on how to link directly to your WFMW post.

Thanks, as always, for playing along.  You make this so much fun.

1. OW (Aquaphor)
2. Jill (free coupons)
3. Diatribal (many many things…)
4. Smockity Frocks (Frosted Flakes)
5. Capturing Today
6. Lana G!
7. Laura (Command Hooks)
8. WorksForMom (Favorite Clothing)
9. Sincerely Anna
10. ellen b ~ the best
11. Stretch Mark Mama (Baby Bjorn Bibs)
12. Michelle at Scribbit (sack lunch ideas)
13. Pmom @ Chocolate and Garlic (Cook\’s Illustrated)
14. An Ordinary Mom (Burt\’s Beeswax)
15. Mandy Houk (Lysol!)
16. Christa @ No End in Site (3 for moms)
17. Karen (Detergent)
18. SingForHim @ RealLife (I save 50% on groceries)
19. Jodi (It\’s the Cheesiest)
20. mommy of three (brand loyalty)
21. Jane Recycled Fabric
22. NerdMom (Brand Loyalty)
23. Western Warmth (Magic Erasers!!!)
24. Mommy-fied (airtight containers)
25. Nikki (spot remover, t.p. paper towels)
26. Stacey@Look, Mom, Look! (Music for Moods)
27. Mommy Zabs (making playdoh)
28. Chrystal
29. Heather (puzzles and then some)
30. DeputyHeadmistress(how to find things in your purse)
31. faithful chick (Carmex and Sharpies, oh my!)
32. Lynnae (Land\’s End Backpacks)
33. Ewokgirl (Red Juice and cat food)
34. My Twenty Cents Keeps Moving (coke, palmolive etc)
35. chilihead (jeans, makeup, more)
36. Chrystal (MILK)
37. Kelli (Living in Grace) – Cleaning Winners!
38. Sheila (juice with less sugar)
39. Bev (Chips, TP, Cars)
40. Emily (BabyGap socks)
41. Susanne (varied items)
42. Lori – Queen of Dirty Laundry (Velveeta, Dr. Pepper, etc.)
43. Laura @ Laura Williams\’ Musings (varies)
44. Shauna (various)
45. Dawn (A Few Things)
46. The Pumkin Patch
47. Michelle (kitchen tips)
48. Abel (Some simple birthday ideas on wife\’s birthday)
49. Elizabeth (paper towels)
50. Alison
51. At A Hen\’s Pace (subbing ground turkey–secrets & recipe)
52. Owlhaven (my splurges)
53. Mamalady(Costco)
54. Suzanne (fav brands)
55. Jennifer (Top10 favorites)
56. Sasha- Brand Loyalty
57. Proverbs31 (Borden,Pace
,etc)

58. Joo (grocery faves)
59. Robin (Tiny Love toys)
60. Duckabush Blog (Homeschool Faves)
61. Karla (teeth whitening)
62. Corrie (family faves)
63. mummifiedx5 (my favs)
64. Christine~AreWeThereYetMom(family favorites and a quick craft idea)
65. 3foldcord (no more tears)
66. Organising Queen (favourite Bible)
67. cardiogirl (stain removal)
68. Kathy (salad dressing & brownies)
69. Nap Warden (Shoes, the shoes!)
70. Stephanie (label once, lotion)
71. phyllis (morningstar farms)
72. Beth/Mom2TwoVikings (mac & cheese)
73. Laane
74. Musings of a Housewife
75. Georgia Mom (Publix, Lands End, Boar\’s Head)
76. Katrina (Stainless Steel Cleaner)
77. Musings of a Housewife (cleaning stuff, diapers, coffee, and more!)
78. Shirley (two dead mice)
79. Jenny from Mommin\’ It Up (Carter\’s clothing)
80. peach (Dr.Pepper, etal)
81. carrie@with all that I\’ve been given (compiled list)
82. Jes (Trash bags and TP)
83. Kathy (cleaning products)
84. Short Stop (Starbucks Favorites)
85. Elena managers of their homes
86. mopsy (Mexican Coke)
87. Rhen (redemmption box)
88. Merci (Cascade Action Packs)
89. Aubrey (cereal)
90. Jen (brand loyal)
91. The Natural Mommy (Best. Bib. Ever.)
92. Heather L. (car organizer)
93. Charity (my fav brands)
94. Kel (kids teeth brushing product)
95. The Building Brows (Toilet Wand, Simple Solution, more fab cleaning brands)
96. Katrina (1st WFMW post, T.P.)
97. Lori ~ Simple Life at Home (various)
98. Tonsofsons ~ cean car
99. Tracy(various)
100. Multitasking Mama (towels, detergent, toiletries etc)
101. April (food and kids)
102. jen (Tide, cleaner, pb&j)
103. oh amanda (more than you wanna know)
104. Redheaded Ranting (breastfeeding hurts!)
105. Juggling Frogs (curling ribbon)
106. Melissa(food products)
107. Stacey, Kisses From the Father
108. Not Quite Crunchy Parent ( Bring Back the Booster)
109. Lorraine (my list)
110. Leeann (TIVO, scent free products, meat loaf mix)
111. Carrie (flip flops, strollers, and girl\’s clothes)
112. Milehimama (A roundup of favorites)
113. Summer\’s Nook (Brand Loyalty)
114. Amy (Magic Bullet)
115. Jendeis (Open Pit BBQ sauce)
116. Melinda (brand loyalty)
117. Kara (Oreo\’s)
118. Amy (Lotions)
119. Jennifer (just a few holdouts)
120. Tracy (black beans and more)
121. Demeter (FotL & Scott Extra)
122. Kris @ Wonder Mom
123. KimC (brand loyalty)
124. Candace (Eat More Veggies)
125. Ann (phone center and basket loyalty)
126. Lady Why (baby products and more)
127. Naturemama (drink up)
128. Kellyn (Socks)
129. Karen (my favorites)
130. MommaofMany (a supertaster\’s sandwich bag)
131. Liza (best lip balm)
132. Meredith (strollers, knits, backpacks)
133. MrsPear (Aveeno, All Free and Clear)
134. (((((HUGS))))) sandi~worcestershire&vitamins I sell
135. Callista (my brands)
136. Janel
137. Simply A Musing Blog
138. GP in Montana
139. Holly (laundry detergent)
140. Desiree Rutter
141. TX Poppet (salsa & consumer politics)
142. Clappy Shoes Magic Eraser
143. Southern Girl (Lean Cuisine)
144. Good Thoughts
145. Texastanya (favorite things)
146. SAHMmy Says(best baby products)
147. singinole
148. Deb (brands I use)
149. Jennifer @ The Mom Chronicles
150. Janell/Special Needs Homeschool
151. Linda(tuna& cokes)
152. warillever
153. Jennifer (several things)
154. The Estrogen Files – Lowes vs Home Depot
155. Mandy (teeth whitening, makeup, wall scrubber)
156. KimC (brand loyalty)
157. Barbara (Tetley Tea, and more)
158. jen@Conversations
159. Laura
160. Scissorbill (CRISCO!)
161. Adena (making biscuits and brands)
162. Cindee (brand loyalty)
163. ~Amy (soy milk & pet food)
164. Amy
165. Gift of Green (Ziploc and 365 Milk)
166. margalit (filofax, hellmans, method cleaners)
167. Kathy Days (brands with easy-read allergen labels)
168. MoobeeMa (Supermom Vitamins)
169. Kelli @ Gohn Crazy (Brands I LOVE)
170. Doris (favorite fabric softener)
171. Ann\’Re (my list)
172. Mo (my must have brands)
173. A Reforming Mom (my real list)
174. Kara (diapers to chocolate)
175. Lindsey (great online finds)
176. Momma 2 Beans (My Top 10)
177. The BRC
178. Andrea (personal and cleaning)
179. Annabelle (Christian Momma)
180. Amy (bad experience w/ cheap detergent)
181. Jamie (skivies)
182. Stacey (fave brands)
183. Jenn
184. Melody (First WFMW)
185. Song of the Sagebrush (Saving on the Power Bill)
186. MemeGRL (lots of favorites)
187. Frugal Homemaker Plus (Brand Loyal does not have to be expensive! Plus my favorite brands)
188. morethanafish (household faves)
189. Tara (Easy Off Bam – The Yellow One)
190. Nancy – Fav Foods and Stuff!
191. Stephanie – Green Cleaning Products
192. Dini (deoderant/cereal)
193. Jill (these are a few of my favorite things!)
194. Ang (I love this thing!)
195. Aimee
196. Nikki @ Recovering the Design (top 5)
197. jen
198. Amy (the second time I actually liked to the blog!!)
199. Lizzie (dish scrubbers/scrapbooks)
200. Penny (Mama26blessings)

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

The links to this WFMW are closed.  Join us next week!

91 thoughts on “Works For Me: The Brand-Loyal Edition

1. Laura says:

I couldn’t agree more with Bounty and Tide except we have to use Tide Free due to my son’s allergies so no sniff fest happening over here. I also LOVE Cascade for my dishwasher. I will NOT use anything else!
    Great edition!
    Laura

2. ellen b says:

this is going to be interesting. We’ve always been Toyota and Honda fans. I’m just becoming a Tide fan since Amway is no longer selling their SA8 plus detergent that was the best stuff out there…
    Thanks for your hosting…

3. diatribal says:

Shannon, I’m totally with you on the Good Paper Products. (I choose Bounty also!) Be wary of Charmin Ultra, however. That is what we used to buy because it is so soft. One day, we found a nasty clog in our plumbing. It was very difficult to remove (initially, they thought that tree roots had invaded). Finally, the plumber asked what type of TP we were using. When I told him Charmin Ultra, he chuckled and said, “Well, that’s the problem!” I have since had 2 other plumbers tell me never to use that stuff because it clogs pipes. We have switched to cottonelle (my husband actually likes it better) and we have had no “plumbing” problems…pardon the pun!
    This was a great idea! I am having a blast reading about what other folks have to buy!

4. Karen@FamilyBriefs says:

Wow! Look at all the brands YOU came up with! I struggled for my one (although I should have come up with our Honda as well – I REALLY couldn’t live without it!!!)
    We love Oxi-Clean too and our favorite Bounty is the Select-A-Size!
    Thanks for hosting a great week again!

5. Chelsea says:

Amen to your brands! I, too, adore Tide, Oxi-Clean, and my beloved Honda Odyssey. I’ve also had an Accord that made it to 172,000 miles each before I was able to sell it used for $3,000. Talk about solid cars.
    I once tried the Costco brand of toilet paper. It smelled like vomit. Seriously. I’ll never buy anything but Charmin again.
    I’m personally a fan of Chick-fil-A’s Diet Dr Peppers, which also come in those wonderful styrofoam cups, but I’ll admit that a Sonic stop can make me happy on a hot summer day.

6. Karen (mommy of three) says:

I am so with you on most of these, lol:-) However, I recently switched from Tide after *cough*32 years, my whole life*cough* of Tide Loyalty. I had a coupon for $5 off Arm & Hammer Detergent, and it was only $8.97 for a box that is for 120 loads, so for $3.97 I had to try it…and I love it! I never thought I would like anything else, but this is great. Everything is just as clean, if not more, and smells great too! Not to mention the price savings!!!

7. Jane says:

My love for the scent of Tide is crazy. It’s my favorite mens cologne! For women, I tend to wear Fabreeze! LOL, seriously though it’s true!
    As for other brands, it has to be Helmans (or here in CA -Best Foods) mayo or I’m not havin’ it.
    I have had a Honda and it was one of my most beloved cars, but now I am equally in love with my Toyota Scion. My dh has a Toyota that is 14 years old and still holding it’s own on LA’s mean streets.
    That’s about it- coupons and sales tend to rule the purse here.

8. faithful chick says:

With you on the Tide, sista! It hurts my tummy to think of paying more, but the smell of some Tide Clean Breeze makes it all better! Top that off with a Downy Clean Breeze dryer sheet…nirvana!

9. Chrystal says:

Thanks for this post. I look forward to seeing what people choose to stick with! Forgive me for posting twice. I meant to include that brief definition and forgot the first time. Please delete the first one if you get a chance. Thanks again for hosting!

10. Emily says:

I love Tide, too, although I use the unscented variety.
    I’m so happy I actually have a good WFM idea to share this time! 🙂 I’ve been skipping it for awhile because I couldn’t think of anything.

11. Shauna says:

Totally agree about the heavenly scent of Tide. I can’t justify the cost unless it’s really on sale, though!

12. Jeannette says:

I think it is the ice in the route 44’s that keep me coming back. And for the record, choc. coke is my all time favorite. although right now I am off of colas until I lose some more weight. I refuse to go on that cruise next May in a size 16 again.

13. Michelle says:

LOL, I’m the total opposite of you on TP, Shannon. I buy Scott because it’s not all cushy. I know most people can’t stand it but I can’t stand the cushy stuff.

14. Stacey says:

I don’t like Charmin at all..it’s too soft for me,I need some roughage. 😉 I buy the Costco toilet paper or white cloud from Wal-Mart.
    I love Sonic’s little ices! I want to buy a freezer just so I can buy bags of pebble ice. 🙂

15. Sasha says:

I love Tide. I totally agree about the smell.
    Sonic–Lime slush…yum
    BK-Definitely the best if there isn’t a Whataburger around. However…BK has better fries than the latter.

16. Proverbs31 says:

Wow! I had a harder time coming up with my list than I realized. 🙂 We are fellow store brand buyers you and I. Together we’ll put the big companies out of business. 🙂
    I agree with about Sonic’s drinks. I love their soft drinks. Their Really,Big,Cold,Soft-Drinks. Mmmmm.

17. Naomi says:

Yeah – I only came up with one! Mainly because of an Anglo-American problem, i.e not knowing which brands you guys have which we have in the U.K…ok, cars,coke!
    (Betcha don’t have HP sauce though!)
    My husband would agree with the Burger King brand. His pal calls him ‘Burger King’!

18. cardiogirl says:

Like Lynnae I am a first-time WFMW contributor, but sort of long-time reader.
    I haven’t noticed Tide giving off great smells, but it does work quite well on stain removal. I find waiting for a coupon from Costco makes it more affordable than purchasing it from the grocery store.

19. warillever says:

My mother is a loyal Tide user, so I love the smell for that reason. I just can’t justify the $20/month it would cost me to use it. Homemade or cheapest off the shelf works for me.
    Cheap flour, though, is not acceptable. King Arthur is the ONLY option for white flour.

20. Elizabeth says:

I’m surprised that no one has given a shout out for Hanes Her Way undies!! But then again, there are soooo many comments that I’m sure I’ve missed a few! Hanes men’s t’s, boys’ boxer briefs, socks and just everything Hanes is great- remember the Beefy T’s in college?? Yea, Hanes!
    And, hey, what about Chucks?? Our 12 year old’s first pair of pink high tops was a size 0 or 1:-) The brown, black and blue ones all make great uniform shoes for middle school. Chuck Taylors by Converse rock!
    For those of you in Tulsa, are Quick Trips not the best place ever? Gas and a Slurpee- YUM!
    Aveda hair products. Anyone? Anyone? Talk about great smell!!
    Last but not least… CRAYOLA!! Woo-hoo!! There is no reason to EVER buy any other kind of crayon or marker for school use. Period. So don’t do it.

21. Kelley says:

Waaaaa!!!! I want to smell Tide! I am in Australia and we don’t have it here. I love the smell of Radiant which is the brand I use and will not scrimp on that.
    Perhaps I should have emailed George and asked him to bring me some with his entourage now that he has popped in for APEC…..

22. Tsoniki says:

There are a few brands I am loyal to – but have to say that shopping at Costco changed quite a few of my thoughts! Kirkland (the Costco brand) makes exceptional products!

23. jen says:

seriously – I can’t believe how quickly the numbers are going today! Whew!
    Shannon, I was crackin’ up at your post. Though I didn’t list the Honda or the SW, I totally agree . . .and I am one of those Tide groupies for the same reason you are!

24. crystal says:

If you think Burger King has the best fast food burgers than you have obviously never eaten at In N Out!!! That is a MUST stop whenever in Las Vegas and California. THE best, hands down.

25. singinole says:

Girl, if you like soft paper towels, you have got try VIVA. They are the best! Super-soft (made by Kleenex), super-absorbent, and reusable ( get it wet, wring it out, wipe somethin’ up, repeat…i’m not kidding!) You can find them on sale for about $6 for an 8 pack and there are usually coupons for .50 . It sounds pricey, but if you use papertowels, they are so worth it. 🙂
    (somehow i accidentally posted this on last week’s WFMW comments, oops!)

26. Tracy says:

Tide is it for me. Bounty is an almost-must-have. I HAVE to have it to make the baby wipes (preferably in select-a-size version), but I do not have to have it otherwise. Maybe because I use bar towels instead of paper towels for most things. That should be another WFMW topic, I guess.

27. An Iowa Mom says:

Okay … all fixed. My brand loyalty post is up now.
    Geez, you’d think I’d be more with it. It’s not like it’s Monday or anything!
    Have a great week!

28. Carolyn says:

Hey Shannon…..Did you know that you can buy a bag of ice from Sonic? Around here, (I live in IL) you can get a big bag of their ice for $1.29 plus tax. I go thru the drive thru and order my yummy cherry limeade and a bag of ice. It’s the best!!

29. KimC says:

Tide? lalalalala not listening…
    It’s not nice to tempt people to try something that costs 4 times as much. What if we love it?

30. Naturemama says:

Ha ha, I think we’re polar opposites on what you listed. I like cottonelle, don’t use stain remover, love Viva paper towells, All or natural for the laundry, Chevy’s, Taco bell has the best fountain soda and fast food burgers have to come from Hardee’s. It’s amazing how different everyone’s taste can be. : )

31. Heather says:

You sound exactly like me. I have to have Charmin Ultra toilet paper, Swiss Miss cocoa, etc… But, I will buy most things generic. I have taught my husband how to do that.

32. Nicole says:

For some reason, I can’t eat tuna fish salad on anything but RITZ crackers…
    I love soft drinks from QT (QuikTrip)! They have the same crushed ice like Sonic. I think they may put crack cocaine in them…
    And Huggies diapers….no leaks, and yes, I’ve tried ALL brands! LOL

33. Karen @ Simply A Musing Blog says:

I too am a Bounty addict – I prefer the “select-a-size”…and like you, I am a generic kind of girl on most everything…but there are a few brands I’m loyal to, until they decide to discontinue it…which usually sends me over the edge. 🙂

34. TX Poppet says:

Always hated Tide until the new scented line. Now I fuss at Spouse if he brings home anything other than Rose & Violet. Very centering for me.
    Oh, and as usual I digressed on my site with a tirade on brands who are disloyal to their consumers. Take that Hoover!

35. Lovely Rita says:

Enjoy your site, I agree with you about the laudry detergent. We’ve recently begun using the concentrated version (bigger is not always better). Works good if you don’t forget it’s concentrated!

36. SAHMmy Says says:

Finally shelled out for Tide after I saw somewhere that you could use half the amount called for on the bottle, effectively making Tide a great buy! Works great, smells great!

37. Desiree Rutter says:

I love Abel’s comments and think I will send that to my hubby today since it is my birthday. Sorry I accidentally added two links to my site. The first one I forgot to put the title of my favorite product. Please delete that one. I love Rocks in My Dryer and have found it is the only one I read consistently. Can you delete #140 please.

38. bee says:

Oh, I’m going to have to add Jif peanut butter, Kraft macaroni and cheese, and Hershey’s chocolate syrup to the list.
    So, I’m curious, which Tide scent do you buy??

39. jen at Conversations says:

I totally agree about the extra money for Bounty papertowels. We don’t buy Charmin, but we fork it out for Cottonelle. Also, being a southern girl, I’m sure you are familiar with Velveeta. The generic of that just ain’t right.

40. Dona England says:

On Sonic – It’s the ice. My Sonic sells ice by the bag and it makes all the difference. A special occasion? Buy Sonic ice!

41. Martha Artyomenko says:

That is funny! I am really,really not brand loyal, but I did realize in reading your post, I am when it comes to cars and computers! I love VW’s and Mac’s. I cannot justify the expense for most things just for my enjoyment…but I do think cars and computers are worth it!

42. annabelle says:

I’m a Tide with Fabreeze user!! I love that stuff!! My towels no longer smell funny!! LOL Oh…Sonic! I was craving Sonic all through my 2nd pregnancy…didn’t help that it was within walking distance from where we lived! Now it’s 45 minutes away *sigh* I absolutely love their 44 oz Iced Tea…well, that among so much other foods!
    Ok, now I gotta go check out everyone else’s posts…I have yet to join in on WFMW…I’m sure I will someday!!

43. Mo says:

Oh yeah…Tide…and Fabreeze (the knock-off’s just aren’t as good!) I forgot both of those! Maybe I’m more of a “brand” gal than I thought! LoL
    Just wanted to say I luv, luv, LUV your WFMW; this is my first participation, but I’ve lurked and found tons of great tips!

44. Lucy says:

I used to use Tide, but now my absolute favorite is Mrs. Meyers geranium laundry det. I don’t buy it very often because it’s really expensive, but I do love it when I get it. I also like the Method brand at Target, and when I can get it, I really like BioKleen. I prefer to use natural things with fewer dyes and chemicals.
    I also WAY prefer Viva. But I do love the Charmin Ultra. No matter how poor we’ve been, my hubby says it’s worth it. 🙂
    I’m not brand loyal about very many things, but I did love the Bath and Body Works Kitchen Herb antibacterial soap. Loved it! And they discontinued it. Wah.

45. Jenn says:

I love the Sonic comment! I love Sonic and I think their ice is the best! my children knew where every Sonic was long before they knew how to get anywhere else!

46. Tara says:

This is my first time playing along with you. How fun! I am a Tide girl myself, and I just had a cherry limeade from Sonic this afternoon! Yummmmmmmy!

47. Nancy says:

I’m in! Mine is mainly favorite food brands. I have found a few that fit nicely into my low calorie life style and I am happy to report I am never hungry and have dropped almost 20 pounds! So yay for the fav foods!

48. lisa h. says:

that’s funny a lot of your things are products for cleaning etc. my list is all food related…yoplait yogurt, pepperidge farm whole wheat bread, general mills cheerios…i can taste the difference…my husband doesn’t believe me, but we’ve done taste tests and i always know!
    i have to disagree about the Sherwin Williams paint though. I will never buy it EVER again! We painted every room in our house with it except one…we used Lowe’s Valspar paint and it was 100 times better than SW…we still need to do another coat and touch ups with all the other rooms where we didn’t use the Lowe’s brand.

49. Amy says:

How much fun is this! When thinking of this, I realized that for the few items I am brand specific, I also am item specific within the brand. Dial Soap must be white. Swiss Miss Cocoa must be Dark Chocolate (like drinking a candy bar). And, Hunt’s Manwich must be Original Sauce. Also, I agree with the Viva Paper Towels. And my new goal in life is now to get to a Sonic. From searching their website I only have to go 141.61 miles for a coke!

50. Amy says:

Great blog topic!
    I’m new your blog as well as other frugal and housewife types of blogs! We’ve just bought our first house after a year of marriage and money is just flying out the window! Time to rethink everything! Thanks for the fun ideas everyone :0

51. Nancy says:

How can someone with such good taste with the rest of her list mention Burger King burgers? I cannot abide them. Try ordering a number 1 with your diet coke next time you are at Sonic! All the rest, though, they rock.

52. MsRebecca says:

A lady after my own heart..
    Charmin only for this households bootys, maybe I have a sercret crush on the bear..
    Bounty only, I’m a papertowelaholic- I buy them in bulk, I use papertowels for EVERYTHING..
    Oxiclean- Can’t do sparkling white school uniform shirts without it- The big bucket.
    Tide- Yes.. Always.. we dig the fragrance
    Honda- I very much miss my silver Accord LX-Best car I ever had, looking into a Honda Pilot [unless of course someone is willing to spring for the Lexus SUV I’ve been eyein’]
    Sonic- We don’t have one near to me, but the commercials have me laughin’ my ass off..
    Burger King- My family can’t live without it..
    Sherwin Williams? I work for their corporate headquarters so there’s no question what I’m using in my house!
    Toothpaste- Crest Whitening Expressions [refreshing vanilla mint flavor]
    Dishwashing liquid- Dawn [works great on grease] in Apple Blossom scent
    Dishwashing- Electrasol Gel packs
    Disinfectant Wipes- Clorox
    Instant Carpet Cleaner- Spot Shot, Excellent for any type of spot on your carpets
    Lactaid milk- Necessary for a fresh smelling household
    Orange Juice- The big white jug, I like the pulp, the fam, does not.
    Ok.. done for now:) I could go on forever..

53. kelli says:

Ok.
    Did the comment ahead of me just say-
    “Lactaid milk- Necessary for a fresh smelling household”.
    Am I missing something? bwahahahahahaha ha ha
    Anyway.
    I was simply going to say “Buy Sonic Ice In Bags!” It’s the best $1.39/tx you’ll spend. Oh yes, ma’am. And it works with most ice makers. Woohoo!
    Carry on.

54. kate says:

YEAH for OxiClean!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that stuff, as far as I’m concerned it is a mom’s BEST FRIEND. How can you not love a product that removes poop stains?? And I’m with ya on the high end TP….