41 thoughts on “Never Underestimate the Ability Of a Boy…

1. jenn says:

i snorted milk out my nose at this!!! my son was taking lessons from the boy next door today who ran over and proudly displayed his arm pit talent. what is it with these boys? and why do these things seem to make them even more endearing to our hearts? :O)

2. Elizabeth says:

My son and our neighbor’s daughter, an only child, are the same age as each other and the same age as your oldest… They are like siblings, and find performing for us on each other’s arm pits entertaining. Gack. Yesterday as we were running an errand they were deciding where to go to college together, and where they’s open their pediatrics practice. I hope they wear gloves.

3. Molly says:

Oh, my boys do this and giggle uncontrollably. Armpits, Kneepits… They even use their EARS!!! And little boy #3 is due three weeks from today?!?
    Good thing our daughter is one tough cookie! (Who giggles just as hard as the boys at their “talents.”)

4. Rachel May says:

My 52-year-old father, 30-year-old husband and three-year-old son sit around making fart noises and jokes together.
    The testosterone gets so deep that I just have to leave the room.

5. Anne @ AKA Mum says:

Very funny ….though I’m sure it’s a little different when it’s your own son, I’m guessing. With 2 boys under 3, I’ve just got joyful things like this to look forward to. *sigh*

6. BJ says:

Oh my goodness, that was just like watching my own son who has just discovered not only can his armpits make this noise, but also his kneepits!!! They even look alike! It’s like you came to our house yesterday, and caught him on video! Scary!

7. Fran says:

But can he stick his arm straight out and shoot his pretend gun with a “tooting” sound as he pulls the trigger??? Oh, we are so talented aren’t we???

8. janet says:

my boys LOVE to do all of this. they just heard that you can do “neck farts” so they are asking all the bigger boys they know if they can do it. no one has been able to remember how though. anyone???

9. Toblerone says:

My brother did this all the time for years. I have a daughter, but we have a son on the way. I have a feeling I don’t really know what I’m getting into…

10. Katrina says:

Now that’s a resume-worthy skill if I ever saw one. 🙂 I live in a house full of boys… and get to hear those kinds of noises way too often!

11. Julie says:

Wait til he rounds out the orchestra. My 8 year old can do his armpits, knees, ears and even eyes. I have a funny video of him and his Uncle trying to do a song. I need to get it YouTubed.

12. Rhonda says:

So, after four girls… we have a son, now 8. Not sure where he learns all of the “fun” body noises that he seems to create, but he does and he has them all down good! I guess I too will have to YOUTUBE him! Your post was funny!

13. Tooz says:

Reminds me of the summer I sent my two girls off to camp and on their applications, under talents, one “can play the musical armpit” and the other “can belch on demand”. The musical child can play ANYTHING, including the vacuum cleaner hose, and the belcher earned a reputation for her great, loud burps in college. Those of you that think this applies only to boys, think again!

14. Trixie says:

What a hilarious video!! Reminds me a great of my little brother when he first figured out how to make arm pit noises. At 25, he thankfully has grown out of it:) Maybe your son will too— of course, if he doesn’t you could always pray that maybe there will be a company out there will desparately need someone good at making “knee pit” noises…. I am trying to imagine how you would work that into a resume. LOL
    Take Care,
    Trixie

15. Anne says:

My 8 yr old loves to do that same thing. We finally put a limit on it, he can do it once a week for 5 minutes! lol He’s forgotten to ask for his ‘five minutes’ lately, thankfully!

16. New Diva on the Blog says:

What is it with the bodily noises that ALL boys think are sooooo funny? More importantly what is it with the Moms that feel that they should blog about it. BTW you are not alone, I too am guilty and also, Oh. So. Proud.

17. SummerM says:

I have a 3 year old who puts a cape on, makes farting noises, and claims he is “Super Toot” and flies by the power of his toots.
    Gotta loves boys.