*UPDATED* Practicality

If your 4th-grade son needs a shoe box for a school project, and there is nary a shoe box to be found in your house, then buying a new pair of shoes purely for the shoe box is, in fact, entirely unselfish and should be deducted not from the clothing budget line-item but the Vitally Important Educational Items budget line-item.  And it is purely an inconsequential coincidence if the shoes happen to be as rockin’ cute as this:

Shoes

*UPDATE* — I’m sorry, I forgot to tell you that my oh-so-fabuloso educational shoes came from Target.  Smart and cheap.

69 thoughts on “*UPDATED* Practicality

1. kelli says:

Amen sister!
    Come on, sing it again!
    Wait!
    I do think that the Jonathan should be taking auto shop soon (Hey, I’m homeschooling. I can write my own curriculum). Man, I don’t have a spare car for him to work on.
    Lamborghini, here I come!

2. Ang says:

I saw these while shopping for work shoes last night. Way too cute πŸ™‚ I may have to make another trip back, PLUS it’s BOGO time πŸ™‚

3. Katie says:

Where did you get those cute shoes?! And I totally agree that they were an educational expense. Someone budgets like my husband.

4. chocolatechic says:

I wonder how I could incorporate needing a shoe box for home school in…….somewhere…..somehow……..
    I seriously doubt it………not with a Freshman and a Senior……drat!!!

5. merry says:

That’s the best reason I have ever heard for purchasing a new pair of shoes. I MUST remember that for my son’s school projects!

6. sarah says:

I simply MUST know where you got those shoes. Seriously. Those are fabulous. Forget vitally important school budget items; those are vitally important WARDROBE items.

7. Rachel says:

Having a preschooler I’m sure he will need a shoebox…question is… how many shoeboxes?? :)And can I find such a box with MY size in it?

8. peach says:

Anything for the cause I say. Now I need to post my cute, new shoes that I just had to buy when I was really supposed to be shopping for shoes for my boy.
    These are darling!

9. Michelle says:

Oooohhhh Sistah! We have the same great taste because I own those very SAME shoes! I get fabulous compliments on them all the time too! What would we do without Target, hm?
    Purchasing shoes for a “cause” is never wrong. A new pair of jeans is a “cause” I would say.

10. Jill (CDPJ) says:

Oh the sacrifices we make for our families… And I completely agree that said purchase should not come out of the clothing budget. Freakin’ cute shoes!!

11. Not the Queen says:

Very cute shoes!
    Just in case the budget doesn’t permit buying a shoebox, Pay Less Shoes will give you free boxes. Just something to keep in mind. I like your solution better, though.

12. Hestial says:

Those are adorable! And from Target, hmm? Maybe we need to run errands, here, although I can’t come up with a good reason for needing a shoebox 😦

13. Shannon says:

I mean, you had no choice in the matter. What are you going to do, let your kid fail? No, no. The sacrifice of new shoes was definitely the right move.

14. Goslyn says:

Cute shoes, and not quite sure how to put this so it doesn’t sound weird, but you have pretty feet. I am jealous of people with pretty feet.
    πŸ™‚

15. Sheila says:

Oh, the sacrifices we make for our children!
    Glad to see you shaved your legs before taking the picture. Now, that’s planning ahead!
    :o)