Home

Last week I set a few posts on auto-post and the family and I sneaked (snuck??) away for some much-needed camping R&R in Colorado.

You should know that in my universe, the words "camping" and "R&R" do not generally appear in the same sentence.  But I am married to a rugged man who can fix a four-course dinner with a tarp, a hunting knife, and a wad of aluminum foil.  Or something like that.  He loves the camping, and I love him, so off we went.

And, I have to admit, kissing my boys goodnight when their hair smells like campfire smoke is quite satisfying.

We had a great time, even if we did choose a campsite in The Single Windiest Spot In North America.  But I have come back to a laundry room that now looks like this:

Laundry_2

AND the kitchen countertop installers are coming today (can I get an amen?)  Suffice it to say there is chaos afoot in our house.  I’ll be back just as soon as I can with some absolutely fantastic pictures–because you know there is nothing more enjoyable than look at other people’s vacation photos, right?  But seriously, I got all artsy with the photos this time, and I need to try it out on someone.

Y’all have a good day, and I’ll see you back here very soon, typing away from (woo-hoo!) new countertops!

37 thoughts on “Home

1. Heather @ Desperately Seeking Sanity says:

I need to find a man like your hubby… we love to camp, but it’s just the kids and i… and well, I can’t cook in a kitchen let alone when we’re camping… i do make breakfast, but dinners are roasted hotdogs, grilled cheese in the pie irons over the fire and s’mores of course…
    and be glad you have a laundry room… when we come home, it all gets dumped in the kitchen… which is where the washer and dryer is… in fact, the camping box from labor day weekend is STILL in the kitchen… hasn’t made it’s way back to the shed yet…
    glad you had a good time… 🙂 can’t wait to see the pictures!

2. Jean Stockdale says:

Camping? I am not sure sure I want to do that, but going anywhere in Colorado would be high on my list of things to do. We live in the flat part of Tennessee and wish we could get out west more often. Enjoy your view. Oh yeah, and your new countertops. Blessings.

3. peach says:

Lookin’ forward to seeing those pictures. I’m so not afraid of living vicariously. I’ve always loved my visits to Colorado.

4. allena says:

YAEH! Go countertops.. (said like the counter top guys is some superhero)
    I love camping, And I mean tent sleeping, fire cooking, coffee percolating(sp?,) treking across millions of camp sites to the bathroom, camping. odly enough my DH does not. (he also thinks I really don’t like camping b/c I don’t like bugs) I can’t believe anyone wouldn’t love that! LOL I crack myself up.
    anyways have fun fighting to the top of the laundry mound.
    can’t wait to see the artsy camping photos!

5. momrn2 says:

We are just now coming out of the chaos that was left when I had to leave town last week for work. I can so relate!!!
    Welcome home and enjoy the new countertops! Do we get to see a pic of those too??

6. Laura says:

How fun! My boys and my husband went “camping” in our backyard last week. I like to camp, but not without a real potty. I know, I’m a snob!!!!

7. nancy says:

Did you lose a kid under that laundry pile?
    I swear, that looks like a leg in purple pants sticking out up there~ :0)
    Glad you had fun. I miss camping….I really should do that again.

8. Shauna says:

I’m pretty sure that all of Colorado could be considered The Single Windiest Spot in North America for the past several days! I went camping once in Colorado. And I emphasize the word once… I love hiking and I love the mountains, streams, and views in our beautiful state. But camping, not so much.

9. Shalee says:

Camping. That’s something I really want to try with the family, but I’ll need some great pointers and a few essentials handed to me to make it possible… like a tent. Glad you had a chance to get some R&R with your family.

10. Susanne says:

I soooo want new countertops! What kind did you get?
    Isn’t it amazing how laundry rooms explode from something as simple as a little camping trip?

11. Becky says:

Colorado is my home. I love it here – so glad you do too! We only got one camping trip in this year. We’ll have to do better next year. Sounds like our husbands would be good friends – when he takes us camping it’s a cushy vacation. Then he and his buddies go backpacking and sleep on rocks and stuff. LOL

12. Chappyswife says:

Glad you had a good time. Can’t wait to see the pictures of your vacation and your counter tops!
    I have to say that with that shoe laying like that on the floor, it looks like a person’s leg with purple windsuit pants on. :0)

13. Nicole says:

Glad you escaped before the SNOW that hit us on Sunday. I love my beautiful state as much as anyone, but IT IS OCTOBER, PEOPLE!
    Good blog fodder, though…(wink!)

14. design mom says:

Dealing with the gear/laundry post camping trip is the only bummer about camping with the kids. I feel for you.
    Can’t wait to see the new countertops!

15. lisa says:

Most definitely, Colorado is one of the world’s great beauty treasures! I’m biased, of course, because I live here. And, yeah, we had a very windy weekend. It gets that way sometimes. Chilly up in the high country, too. The San Juans are blanketed in snow now. Hope that campfire kept y’all warm! Congrats on the countertops!

16. Angela says:

Why did I think you were from Missouri? Hmmmm…Where did you camp in Colorado? We had a fantastic day Saturday, but the evening turned ominous and we had snow most of the day on Sunday. We’re only here for 3 more weeks, but it’s been a delightful stay.

17. Meredith says:

I’m an Arkansas native living in Colorado. So glad you enjoyed your time here! I love Arkansas (especially NWArkansas) but I ask God on a daily basis to let us stay in Colorado forEVER!

18. Julie says:

Hey there! At one time in my life, a long time ago, I lived in NW Arkansas. Summers, AR. I worked in Lincoln. At one time I thought I would live there for the rest of my life. Now I am glad I didn’t.
    Love Colorado too! Can I ask where you went? I would love to find new places to go there. Something not too populated though.
    Glad you had fun, and can’t wait to see the new countertop photos! What did you go with? Our new countertops are supposed to be installed on Monday. YEAH!!!!