I’m So Excited I Can Hardly Stand It

Up to this point, I haven’t mentioned where I’m going this weekend, because I’m so excited that my voice gets all squealy whenever I talk about it.   Have you ever read a squealy-voiced blog post?  It isn’t pretty.

I’m leaving Friday (flying! I hate flying! But I’ll do it for these girls!) to go to Birmingham to meet face-to-face, in the flesh, BooMama and BigMama.

*squeal!*

My favorite-of-all-time band, Casting Crowns (together with their record label, Provident), is hosting us for a very bloggy weekend in which we get to see the Casting Crowns concert Friday night.  AND to my utter delight (dare I say it, lest I break the spell?) we will get to go backstage and meet Casting Crowns.

*squeal!*

Hubs says, "Really, is all this squealing necessary?  I thought you loved Casting Crowns because they are so humble and down-to-earth.  Do you really think they would be comfortable that you’re squealing at the thought of seeing them?"

Point taken.

So I will stop squealing and tell you in a voice just as serious and reserved as I can that I am terribly excited, about the concert, about meeting these two girls, and just generally getting away.  Our kind hosts have booked us hotel rooms, and for some reason, they’ve given us each our own.

Our OWN rooms.

All alone in a hotel room.

I don’t know that I’ve ever been all alone in a hotel room.  How on earth am I going to sleep without my backside snuggled up to Hubs, or Corrie’s foot lodged firmly in my kidney?  I think I may have to jump on the bed to tire myself out.

Anyhoo, in addition to all the Casting Crowns fun, I can’t wait to spend some time in real life with Big and Boo.  Having read and adored them for so long, I suspect that after five minutes we’ll feel like old friends.  But I will tell you, no matter how many times you meet a bloggy friend in real life, it always feel like some sort of bizarre blind date.

What if the hair looks especially man-ish?

What if I miss my connection in Memphis (have I mentioned I loathe flying?)?

What if I act like a dork?  (Let me re-phrase that.  It is a given that I will act like a dork.  What if I act like more of a dork than my normal allotment of dorkishness?)

I’m just hoping for the best and taking plenty of hair product.  Because what else can a girl do?

Oh, and one last thing…(can you tell by the way I’m subject hopping that I have the jitters?)…Big and Boo are letting me sit in on their podcast, the thought of which is MAKING ME SWEAT, but I’m forging ahead.  Sometime over the weekend, BooMama will work her techie magic and get the three-way podcast up on their blogs, and you can all confirm once and for all why I am a blogger and not a speaker.

*shudder*

And yet, still…*squeal!*

That’s a lot of Southern Woman in one room, y’all.  I have a feeling there will be stories to tell.

63 thoughts on “I’m So Excited I Can Hardly Stand It

1. JCK says:

Good for you getting away all on your own with the two, Big & Boo. I’m sure they are over the moon that you are coming. A night alone in a bed…a hotel bed. Be sure and raid the refreshments out of that mini-fridge. And good luck with the podcast. That is really cool. Enjoy!

2. mummymac says:

I have listened to a few of their podcasts and they are so funny.
    Don’t ask my why because I don’t know!!!!! Just funny!!
    I love hearing the accents, they are so different to ours – it will be good to hear yours too!

3. Linds says:

You are going to have the BEST time! Just know that the entire bloggy world is out there going an unattractive shade of green as I speak. Can’t wait to see and hear all!

4. Robin (the pensieve one) says:

Wow.
    WOW!
    If ever there was a reason (for a blogger) to squeal, this is it :).
    I’m curious, though, Shannon…how did it all come about? Cool, no matter how, that’s for sure!
    Safe travels, girlie-Q…I hate to fly, too :/.

5. Dana says:

Have a great time. That will be a blast. Boo Mama would be the MOST. FUN. PERSON. IN. THE. ENTIRE. WORLD. at least I think so..I’m so jealous!!! You guys have a great time. Can’t wait to hear the podcast.

6. Jennifer says:

Have fun! That is my old hometown. We moved from B-ham 2 .5 years ago to Missouri! I so miss it. YOu get to meet the Big and the Boo!! That is fantastic!!!
    Take lots of pictures!!

7. Mich says:

Oh Shannon! I am so very excited for you (very jealous) but excited!!! Have the best time ever you deserve it. But be ready to tell us every last little bit of information you can on one of the GREATEST (did I meantion GREATEST) bands ever!!!! This may in fact make up for your crazy love of that other singer πŸ™‚ (and we all know who I am talking about!!!!). I apologize for all the puncuation which I know you are not crazy about, but I an so EXCITED for you! Yeah Shannon!!

8. Lisa Boyd says:

Wow! This is really exciting! I’m happy for you, but oh, so jealous! How in the world did you swing this? Ah, nevermind. It’s gotta be one of those “only Shannon” stories.
    Have a great time! And don’t worry about the flying! Your hair will be great too πŸ™‚

9. merry says:

I saw either BigMama or BooMama make a tiny mention of this last week and was wondering about the details. Sounds like so much fun!

10. Activities Coordinator says:

What time are you flying through Memphis? If I’m back from Louisiana by then, I could torture you with, er, I mean, introduce you to my children. Gee, not enough time between flights? Ah, that’s too bad.
    Have fun!

11. Veggiemomof2 says:

I’m so happy for you! You are going to have SO much fun & LOTS of stuff to blog about when you get home.
    My DH would be squealy too if he was meeting Casting Crowns LOL

12. Karen says:

I am jealous! Heck, I’d pay to see them, but it seems Christian acts stay as far away from northern CA as they can (I don’t blame them; if I wasn’t being forced to live here, I wouldn’t be here either!).

13. MamaLee says:

Sounds GREAT! I went off to Vancouver in July. Alone.
    SQUEAL!
    I met 2 of my online friends, as well. You’ll laugh so hard, you’ll almost pee your pants. Have a GREAT time, and I want to hear about everything!!
    xoxo

14. Christy says:

The good news is that if you miss your connection in Memphis, B-ham isn’t to terribly far to drive. I used to drive from Little Rock to Birmingham all the time. It’s only about 6hrs from there and you have to go through Memphis. Memphis is about 2 hours closer.
    PLEASE have a WONDERFUL time!!! A hotel room alone is one of those rare luxuries that most of us don’t get to have very often. Enjoy!

15. Big Mama says:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say if you act like a dork you’ll fit right in.
    And also, ditto to everything you said. I’m so excited.

16. momrn2 says:

Oh My Goodness!! I can only imagine the fabulously wonderful time you are going to have! How did it come about that you have been invited as the guests of Casting Crowns???? That is like a fairy tale dream come true! And to meet Boomama and Bigmama is just like icing on the cake.
    I am so thoroughly excited for you! You must return with details and pics!! Enjoy yourself to the fullest my friend.
    Squeal on….

17. boomama says:

I anticipate a lot of laughing.
    And I would also like to say that if you’re going to be here *tomorrow*, I have a lot of cleaning to do in a very short period of time.
    Also, I believe your post has opened the bloggy door in terms of telling how this all came about. I’ll get right on that, ma’am.

18. GiBee says:

SQUEAL!!! I’m so jealous! three great women in one room! Sigh. One can only hope for that one day… you, my friend, are a lucky woman! But better yet, Boo and Big are even luckier to meet YOU!
    Have a wonderful time, and tell the Casting Crowns band that I HEART THEM TOO!

19. Ashlee says:

I am so jealous! You got connections, girl!
    I hope you have a wonderful time…well nevermind…I know that you will!
    Happy flying and take lots of pics to share!

20. Adrienne says:

Oh, and is Leeland opening up for them at the concert? They are super great! I love their album and can’t wait to see them perform live. If they are there.. ENJOY!

21. Sharon@New Urban Mom says:

Nothing quite like getting away for the weekend…with friends and celebrities no less! I say squeal all you want! I’m a fairly new visitor to your blog home so I hope to hear all about it when you return!
    Sharon

22. Stacey says:

Wow, sounds so exciting– Casting Crowns, meeting bloggy friends– WOW!
    But, I do feel a kinship with you about the whole flying thing–
    My brother plans on flying me and my mom from Or. to Ca.to visit for their first baby shower, and I have never been on an airplane–AGHHH!!!
    Let me know any good tips to keep calm!
    Jump on that empty bed a while for me! LOL!
    What Joy…

23. Laura says:

I’m green with envy. LoL. Have a wonderful time with the girls and enjoy the concert. Maybe you could write your own sisterchicks books:)

24. Dayna says:

You get to see Casting Crowns in person! Wish I could be there. However, while I don’t get a hotel room all to myself, I will have my entire house to myself for one whole night.

25. crumbsonmyfloor says:

Going away without kids, meeting up with friends, getting your OWN room. blah, blah, blah, I think it’s overrated.
    Just kidding, I’m a mom of 5 kids, we homeschool, hubby is selfemployed.
    I could not be more jealous of you all! But I am very happy for you. I will pray for safe travels, good times, good food and great music that touches the soul and lifts the spirit. We could all use a little of that.
    God Bless,
    Amy

26. Trina says:

Yay Shannon! I am from Birmingham and I know you’ll have a great time! I am sure the concert will be phemonemal, wish I could attend, but it is SOLD OUT ya know.
    Lucky girl! Make sure to tell us all about it!

27. seized by hope says:

We saw Casting Crowns when they were here and they are well worth a few squeals of joy! Have a spectacular time, and enjoy all the space in the bed. Can’t wait to read all about it!

28. wilm says:

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!
    And I will confess my first thought on reading that you were going to meet Casting Crowns was……….”she is so going to worry about the man hair!!!!!!!!!!!!”
    You’ll have a fab time. Forget the hair (it looks fine girl!) – ok, don’t forget the hair completely. Take the hair product and have AN AWESOME TIME!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers, Wilm in NZ
    (Can you ask them when they plan to come to NZ???? Pretty please…………)

29. Lady Why says:

I had no idea that Big and Boo are in Birmingham!!! I’M IN BIRMINGHAM!!! I live so close to blogging greatness and didn’t know it? Now you’re coming?!!! There’s just only SO much blogging greatness one city can take!
    I’ll go ahead and welcome you to the deep south where your iced tea will always be sweet and the kudzu never turns brown (well, rarely anyway… we didn’t name our blog “Where the Kudzu Grows for nothin’!) If y’all will all come over to my house for breakfast one morning, I’ll serve you some grits and eggs! Any takers?

30. Diana says:

And to think I used to honestly believe everyone over the age of 18 was a “grown-up” πŸ™‚
    You’re so cute to be that excited – good for you!

31. Karen says:

Have fun! Ask for extra pillows when you check into the hotel .. you can pack them around yourself if you’re not used to sleeping alone.

32. edj says:

Oh how fun! I love those girls too! (I guess since y’all are southern, you say girls, right? Not women? Help me out here. I have been to the Southern US–Hawaii, the Southernmost State–but not your neck of the woods, so to speak.) Have a great time!!

33. Capturing Today says:

Oh, you’ll have a blast! And you even get a brief change of planes in my hometown – Memphis! If you get the chance, be sure to try some world famous Memphis B-B-Q! Enjoy your weekend!