And Then I Promise I Won’t Talk About It Anymore

It is next to impossible to sum up a weekend like the one I just had, especially when every cell in your body is clouded and confused from eating 3,519,209 calories in the span of 48 hours.  So I am taking myself off the hook for coming up with clever paragraph transitions and give you a few more highlights, in bullet form.

::  Yes, I did the podcast with Sophie and Melanie, though I don’t believe it’s quite ready for publication yet (stay tuned–I’ll tell you when it is).  It was a very unnerving experience.  The two pros were relaxed and funny; I kept feeling the need to sit up straight and sound smart.  I did not pull it off.  Also, I think if you will listen very closely, you will be able to hear the rumbling sounds of my digestive system in the background–did I mention that we ate a lot of food?

::  It was indeed heavenly being alone in a hotel room.  The bed was huge and soft and covered with six (SIX!) luxurious pillows.  I slept with every single one.  And I slept in the middle of the bed, too, because I am a wild, wild woman.

:: I bought a laptop bag at Steinmart that is a force to be reckoned with.  It was originally$55; I got it for $19 (which, as Melanie pointed out, is "practically free.")  Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

Bag_3

Is that a fine bag, or is that a fine bag?

:: We did much discussing of the Pioneer Woman love story, to the point that we sounded much like crazy stalkers.  But I can tell you this freely, since the Pioneer Woman is about as likely to read our blogs as, say, Dick Cheney.

:: We spent a lot of time talking about blogging and bloggers and blogrolls and blog-rings and such and such and such, which is probably no huge surprise.  Of particular note was the hour we spend pounding away on our keyboards Saturday night, all piled on the same bed.  Because, you know, it is such an excellent use of time to travel hundreds of miles to see each other and then do EXACTLY WHAT WE WOULD BE DOING AT HOME.

:: I got some video of the Casting Crowns concert, though I have nary a clue how to upload it off my camcorder.  I’ll get Hubs Dryer right on that.  But let me say once again how amazing it was.  You know what was particularly impressive to me?  There was never a big moment at the beginning of the concert where an announcer boomed, "AND NOW…CASTING CROWNS!"  Instead, they simply started singing, with all the stage lights off, essentially deflecting any glory from themselves.  I’ll confess that I tend to be a little jaded where Christian marketing is concerned, but these guys were the real deal.  They were not there to perform, they were there to lead in worship.  Period.

:: You know who else is the real deal?  Sophie and Melanie.  They were in real life just as they are on their blogs–funny and warm and genuine.  Blog on, girlfriends.  I’d share queso with you ANY day.

30 thoughts on “And Then I Promise I Won’t Talk About It Anymore

1. chilihead says:

Ah, yes, but would you share a cheesecake chimichanga, churros, a muchaco, and Mexi Dips and Chips? πŸ˜‰ I’m not jealous at all. *cough*bigfatlie*cough*
    LOVE what I can see of the new kitchen!

2. Chris says:

In the great realm of things, who DOESN’T discuss the Pioneer Woman love story when they’re together with other bloggers?
    My friend and I just did that selfsame thing over coffee at Panera yesterday.
    I’m thinking there are hiney tingles across the nation as we speak…
    However, I’m still ever so green with envy, but glad y’all had such a good time!

3. Big Mama says:

After seeing what Sophie and I can do to a bowl of queso, you’re a brave woman for saying you’d share with us.
    It was so fun! Can’t wait ’til we can do it all over again, but maybe without all the stomach rumbling.

4. Wendy says:

I’m glad you had a great time, glad that Sophie, Melanie and Casting Crowns were real and awesome, yada, yada, yada…What I want to know is WHERE DID YOU GET THAT GREAT BAG SO CHEAPLY??? πŸ˜‰

5. chickadee says:

that sounds like so much fun.
    funny you should mention pioneer woman. i was just thinking about her this weekend too and sort of having a conversation with her in my head. i blogged about the whole stalkerish event too.

6. boomama says:

WHAT? Dick Cheney doesn’t read mama blogs? I am SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED.
    Oh, I had fun with you two.
    But I’m afraid queso is going to have to be dead to me for a little while.
    And by “a little while,” I mean “until tomorrow.”

7. Georgia Mom says:

Oh so much fun!!! And I’m with you guys on the Pioneer Women’s love story. I hang on every word!!! I’m there with you on that on!!
    Sounds like the perfect weekend!
    Georgia Mom

8. Fran says:

Thanks Shannon for telling us about the weekend. I call you by your first name like I know you. I don’t, but you do make me smile and laugh every.single.day. and I thank you.
    Y’all are the real deal and thats what I love. Oh, the crossword puzzle thing was the best. I can’t stand em because I can’t do them. But, I love you anyway! πŸ™‚

9. Shalee says:

That bag is a beauty! But I love the deal of meeting Sophie and Melanie even more. I’m not envious one bit. Nope. Not one bit… well, except for the whole getting to be with them for an entire weekend. Other than that, not one bit!

10. Beth_C says:

I think it is a hoot that you guys talked about the Pioneer Woman’s love story. I love to talk about it with my friends that are also reading it. (My husband just doesn’t understand my obsession with the Pioneer Woman!)
    And I would poop in my pants if I thought Ree ever read my blog.

11. Pioneer Woman says:

Shannon,
    My ears were burning. πŸ˜‰ And actually, it was my hiney. But I won’t talk about that here.
    Glad you and the girls had a good weekend. It’s fun to have you guys to share my Harlequin-Romance-gone-Green-Acre story with. Ain’t it great being a girl?
    Have a great week. πŸ™‚
    Ree

12. Nicki says:

What a great weekend! Sounds fabulous. I love that bag! Now I need to go in search of one for myself. Hmmm–good Christmas idea. Thanks!

13. edj says:

I had so much fun reading the 3 of you blogging away about your weekend. What a fantastic time! πŸ˜‰ Glad you got to go.
    And I love the bag too.

14. Jen says:

I’m so excited for you that you had a great time, a great concert, AND got the cutest bag ever! πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to hear the Podcast!