And The White House Would Always Be Stocked With Skittles

Perhaps you’ve seen the news story today reporting that Hillary Clinton is criticizing Barack Obama for claiming he only decided recently to become president.  In fact, Serious Investigative Journalism has unearthed Shockingly Serious Proof that Obama is lying:  he wrote in a kindergarten paper that he wanted to be president.

What a little five-year-old cad.

I’m more than alarmed, because this means that my first-grade son Joseph has no shot, ever, of leading our nation.  According to HIS kindergarten papers, he wanted to marry his dog.

And I don’t know about you, but I think that America is simply not ready to have a First Lady that poops in the Rose Garden.

Being a fan of neither Clinton nor Obama, it’s easy for me to laugh at this from a distance, though it does raise some questions about how far journalists and politicians are willing to go.  What do you think?

Signed,

Shannon Dryer, who, if she were living out her kindergarten desires, would be writing to you while wearing a ball gown and eating Cocoa Puffs.

45 thoughts on “And The White House Would Always Be Stocked With Skittles

1. Mrs. Troop says:

I could say soooo many things about the “first lady that poops in the Rose Garden” thing. I’m going…to…resist.
    How lucky am I – in Kindergarten I wanted to be a mommy.
    And hoo boy – am I ever! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Tracy says:

I wanted to be many things as a young child. Some of them I don’t even remember.
    She’s really criticizing him for THAT? Honestly, I’d think we’d have other things to worry about… world peace, starving children in America, a few other important details here and there. But oh, no – how could he have recently decided to run for president!
    Whether or not I’d vote for either of them (not likely), this is so incredibly trivial of her AND serious Journalism…

3. Ornery's Wife says:

I really don’t know what I wanted in kindergarten, because I skipped it and went straight to first grade. I am sure it damaged me for life! The things I missed. ๐Ÿ™‚
    TM
    as for the press and politicians it remains to be seen the sorry lengths they will go to in their efforts to dupe Americans. Hopefully we are smarter than they give us credit for!

4. Jeni says:

It’s amazing the things politicians will focus on in order to run down their competition. I have never, EVER in my life aspired to the Presidency, but I would think they can come up with more to talk about than that.
    I’m pretty sure in kindergarten I wanted to be a mommy. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. gretchen from lifenut says:

First Lady pooping in the Rose Garden. That’s classic. She’d also eat the ornaments off the White House Tree and greet foreign dignitaries in a very personal manner.
    As far as Hillary goes? Desperation. Desperation. Desperation. And the press? Unearthing Kindergarten dirt worries me greatly. If I ever become famous, the stories about the time I took the extra snow cone at field day are going to haunt me.

6. Antique Mommy says:

Funny! If I were living out my kindergarten dream I would be working as a cashier at a grocery store, probably wearing a princess gown, because there is nothing more fun you can do with your life than standing on your feet all day and push buttons over and over and over….
    (No disrespect to cashiers or button pushers)

7. Ma Merrell says:

So glad I followed the trial of crumbs to your delightful site. I have heard/seen the name in several places and can’t wait to join in the WFMW extraveganza. Loved the poop in the yard – classic. My son wanted to marry his sister in kindergarten…and we’re not from Arkansas.

8. Rachel says:

LOL. Seriously, Laughing. Out. Loud. How adorable!!
    They’ll do anything in politics, to shmear the other. Pa-the-tic.
    I’d be in a ballgown, with cleats, a magic wand, and have 12 books published. yep. Hold it against me.

9. kelli says:

Haven’t you heard? They’re now claiming they simply “through that in as a joke at the end of a ‘very serious press release'”.
    God Save, I mean, Bless America.

10. Krista says:

What I wanted to be in kindergarten was an astronaut… and now that freaks the heck out of me! For one… my name is Krista and I’m a teacher (hello Challenger?) for 2 I can hardly stand to go in an airplane taking off so there’s no way I’d want to go in a shuttle at warp speed!

11. Stephanie says:

I’d be a toll taker on the turnpike– I always thought that would be a great way to meet so many different kinds of people! (for thirty seconds) (as they angrily shoved dirty money at me). Good thing no one’s writing “journalistic” reports on my faded dreams…

12. Dawn says:

Hillary Clinton needs to worry more about herself and less about Barack Obama. The fact that something from kindergarten is being brought up is ridiculous. I guess the two of my kids who’ve been in kindergarten are doomed already. At least I have one more hope. I hope she doesn’t screw it up while she’s still in preschool. What a joke.

13. Bailey's Leaf says:

My kid has told us for the last year (she’s 3), that she wants to “take care of the animals, Mommy.” AKA she wants to be a vet. Not sorry that she’s not wishing to be president.
    While our personal presidential preferences don’t align, I find that basically all presidential candidates dig into weird places of their opponents lives and just plainly say dumb stuff sometimes.

14. Margo says:

ha – does any adult in his/her right mind WANT to be president??! It’s only the kids who think that’s a glamorous job, methinks.
    I pay a lot more attention to local politics where I feel there is a real connection between me, my vote, the politicians, and the policies around here.

15. Gretchen says:

Isn’t that the truth!?! Love Gego’s post! Bwwwahhhaaaa. I’m probably the only democrat who reads your site :), but I have to say, the journalists are so biased, both ways, that it’s hard to make up one’s mind feeling like one has allllll the details. Clearly, most of it is spin control or mud slinging. I’m not at the point of just closing my eyes and pulling the lever, but there is that temptation…None of the candidates are as horrific, nor as perfect as portrayed. The truth is in there somewhere.

16. LeeAnn says:

I wanted to be a mommy like my mommy, but by 3rd grade I learned that wasn’t a popular choice. (I think my teacher would have flunked me.) I still wanted to be a mommy, but I learned to stay very quiet about it. President? Not on your life!

17. Melanie says:

Well, the saying goes that all “I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten.”
    :>)
    Seriously, I have lost what little respect I had for nearly every candidate in this race. I honestly am depressed over the possibilities.

18. Emily C says:

It drives me nuts that the media seems to think that nobody could possibly ever conceivably think about maybe considering ending up in the White House other than Obama or Clinton.
    It’s like the Republicans don’t exist except to ridicule. Lame!

19. Sue says:

Politics suck. I used to be so politically involved, but I’ve become so cynical that I almost don’t want to know. Ugh.

20. Ashley says:

My kindergarten dream was to be a princess with a magic wand. Or be a scientist running a museum (ha! later I found out that I don’t like science). Nope, being the president never occurred to me…

21. Linda at 2nd cup says:

Politicians look for any way possible to connect with voters emotionally. Sometimes they do sound like kindergartners: “Hey, I thought of that first!” “No, I did!” etc. Help us all.

22. Lucy says:

When I was in kindergarten, I wanted to be a mommy and I was going to have twins named Susan and Suzy. Oh yes, I was. Well, I am a mommy, but I do NOT have twins named Susan and Suzy.
    It’s ridiculous that anyone even cares what Obama wrote in a kindergarten paper. Good grief. Is this election over yet? I have to vote, but I’m so not looking forward to it because I don’t like anyone, either.

23. witchypoo says:

My brother said he wanted to be a Chinaman when he grew up.
    It didn’t work. He doesn’t look remotely Asian, but there was a lovely and kind Chinese neighbour that he was inspired by.