From the Bottom Of My Wimpy Little Heart, Thank You

I am completely and truly blown away by your encouraging response to my Africa post.  I cannot express how your words and prayers have already bolstered me.  I was already getting really excited about the trip, but your words have given me a renewed outlook.  So thank you, my bloggy friends–thank you so much.

By the way, Sophie was planning to write a long post on the same subject today, but a troubling episode with her Daddy has her focused elsewhere at the moment.  If you haven’t already, please head over there and offer her your love and prayers.

16 thoughts on “From the Bottom Of My Wimpy Little Heart, Thank You

1. Karen says:

I’m so envious! We’ve sponsored through Compassion for 11 years. What a life changing opportunity for you!
    Best wishes as you prepare.

2. Becky says:

What a wonderful opportunity!
    And being afraid? That’s only normal.
    The only thing you need is courage. And, of course, God. Since you’ve got both of those…you will be good to go. No matter what!
    I am excited for you and look forward to all the posts.

3. Dana says:

I really am so excited for you!! And I just read Sophie’s post. I hope all is well with her father!
    Can’t wait for more details from you guys…so we can all vicariously share in your journey!

4. Amber says:

i can’t wait to hear about your journey and the way God is going to move in your life! i really want to hear about the travel side, we are getting ready to start the adoption process to get a baby from ethiopia!!! we will be traveling some time next year and i’m already dreading the flight!

5. Robin (the pensieve one) says:

Wow, Shannon…
    What.an.OPPORTUNITY!
    Did you EVER in a million years think something like THAT would happen as a result of blogging???
    Wow…I’m stunned, I know you are. Ooooo, dear blogging wonder, God has something uber cool up His sleeves, and it’ll be a TREAT to see what unravels….
    I hear your heart here, and it mirrors so much of what I’d be feeling…so, I kinda know how to pray from the inside out.
    Peace…grace…and love abounds, yes?
    🙂

6. Jeanne says:

This whole walking with God thing is really cool and scary, huh? I feel so much of what you are feeling. I’m not afraid of flying. And I’ve already traveled to Haiti and Brazil before, so going out of the country isn’t a big deal. But what I’m afraid of (I guess you could kind of use that word) is that God might call us to what I think He might call us to…..and that has had me wrestling with the dear, sweet Lover of my Soul for about a year now.
    We…my husband and I….leave for West Africa in 11 days….both of us….together….leaving behind our 2 boys for 10 days…to go to Africa. I have a tremendous peace because I know that the path that got us here could only have been paved by God. But because of that peace…..I’m scared out of my wits that my heart is going to be left behind in Africa. Then what do I do?

7. Jeanne says:

PS – will be praying for you and watching how your path unfolds! These are super-exciting times….follow with abandon and soak up every last minute!

8. Christine says:

I didn’t get to weigh in with the rest of the group, so… What an honor for you! And hugs to your very supportive hubs, for swinging the door wide open for you to go. I am proud for you!

9. O says:

Well, that explains why I haven’t been able to even get your page to LOAD the last few days. SO exciting. Good for you. I honor your willingness to go–it’s like a dream and nightmare to leave the kids for that long a trip, I’m sure. Thank goodness you and Sophie will be together; you’ll be able to lean on each other there and upon re-entry. But wow, we can’t wait to hear all about it. Hooray for you–what a wise choice CI made–thank you in advance for helping us all share in it with you!

10. Elizabeth says:

I’m wondering what kind of memorabilia your boys might be asking you to bring home? Will it fit in a bread box? Would said bread box need breather holes?

11. Kim says:

I’ve already commented on Sophie’s blog and now it’s your turn 🙂
    We spent a year in Uganda working with orphans and it was the BEST and most DIFFICULT year of my life. I would not trade it for anything in the world.
    You will fall in love with the people and the place.
    You will want to come home to your family at the end of the trip, but you will not want to leave your new-found ‘family’ in Uganda.
    We worked with a ministry called New Hope Uganda in Kiwoko (pronounced Cheewoka) about 1-1/2 hours from Kampala.
    While there I sent back lengthy e-mails every 10-15 days (internet was a little sketchy out in the bush) and my recipient list kept growing.
    And I found out when we came back to the U.S. that many people were forwarding them onto others who enjoyed following our experiences there.
    Those e-mails served as my ‘journal’ and I love to look back through and re-read. We forget sometimes all that God has done.
    He will work you over in Africa, but you will be GLAD, GLAD, GLAD!!!
    Praying for you and looking forward to hearing all about it.

12. Brandy says:

I don’t know you, but I found your blog through Brian Seay’s. I just wanted to say what an incredible opportunity! I’ve been working at Compassion for a little more than a year, and my first trip with them to Africa was absolutely, completely life-changing. Can’t wait to hear about your experiences!
    Brandy

13. Stacey says:

I missed the Africa post but I’m going to have to find it and read it. Sounds like you’re on your way. I’ll be praying for you!!

14. Charlotte says:

maybe this will be too long… I was really inspired by your post. And then! Hubs college age cousin replies to an email I had sent. The email was a sermon from my church about the authority of the Bible. And he sends me all these atheist websites and questions the Bible etc… And I was beside myself! How dare he! Who does he think he is to question the God of the universe. And then- God reminded me of the inspiration from your post and seemed to say…. here you go… an assignment. How do I approach it? What do I say? Do I answer all his questions or just some or none? WOW! And then I pouted. Why me? I don’t know the kid… I am not qualified.. My family is sick… And God reminded me that he is sending you to Africa. I get to stay in my comfort zone- but His work still needs done here too.
    Anywhoo- thanks for the real life inspiration and I just love how God uses everything for his glory. I calmy answered the boy and left the door wide open for more dialogue. I can’t wait to see what God does! 🙂