51 thoughts on “This Is a Girl With Big Brothers

1. TracyMichele says:

I think our girls are close in age and my daughter does the same thing. I have to retract my heart every time I see her! Although the exposed portion of my staircase is only 4 steps high, there is no carpet to pad the fall.. all tile. GULP. Ever wonder how our moms made it through our childhood without developing serious heart conditions? 😉

2. susan says:

at least she’s wearing a dress. my girly spiderman (she actually prefers to be called pikachu (sp?)) will no longer wear dresses w/o leggings. she had a star wars party for her 3rd bday and has given away all princess related items when friends came over. sigh.
    but she still rocks a hairbow!

3. Jenni says:

Like, totally, man.
    Once when we were visiting in-laws at their fancy pancy house with the staircase that led over the open entryway, I discovered my 3 year old standing…like that…over the tile floor…on the ledge of the landing…about 10 feet above my head.
    Kids keep you young, right? Riiiiight.

4. Jenni says:

Oops, I mean…ten feet above the tile floor…not ten feet above my head. That’d be one high staircase…

5. Veggiemomof2 says:

Oh no! Is she the only girl? She may not have any girly manners left by the time you get back if you leave her w/a house of boys! Have a friend take her out for girly time while you are gone..lol..Believe me..my dd goes to deer camp w/the guys & comes back gross & needs retraining! LOL

6. frantically simple says:

My daughter is an only child, but from age 19 months to three she pretended to be Peter Pan. She said the princesses were boring because they never got to use a sword. I remember hearing her sweet little girl voice saying, “Now it’s time to kill some nasty pirates.” Can you imagine how that warmed my motherly heart?
    She’s seven now, and thankfully has not killed anyone yet. 🙂

7. Cousin Matt says:

Looks like she’s taking after at least one of her older brothers! Hopefully she won’t discover the honey anytime soon!

8. Stephanie says:

Oh, geez! I would be freaking out seeing my sweet little girl hanging over my stairs like that! And you go grab the camera! LOL. I wish I could take a breather sometimes and enjoy little moments like this one with my kids without having a heartattack first!

9. Stephanie (PurdueLiz) says:

That’s what my house would look like if we had stairs. Our darling daughter has 3 older brothers and most definitely MUST keep up with them.
    PS- LOVE the tights!

10. Beth says:

Just wait until she jumps off the railing, crouches in her best Spidey pose, and says, “Momma, wook at me!”
    My three-year-old boy Eli (aka Spiderman) loves doing that! He’s so cute…

11. KathrynB says:

Would now be a bad time to mention that have a son, almost 10 yrs old, another son, 6 1/2 and the first person in our family to suffer a broken bone (her leg, currently in a bright PINK cast) is our daughter, before she even turned TWO!
    What’s up with these girls?
    LOL!
    LOVE it!!!

12. Teah says:

Ok…yeah, that’s about the time I’d either scream or hide. I can’t even bear to watch my child go down the stairs if I’m standing above her!

13. Jenna says:

That picture is so cute! My daughter does this and pretends she’s the gargage man hanging off the back of the garbage truck!!

14. fullheartandhands mama says:

Oh my. My daughter did this shortly after we moved into our first two-story house. However, she climbed up the completely exposed side and was as high as the second story when I heard, “Mommy, I can’t get down.” I still thank God I reacted calmly as I plucked her off the stairs. Needless to say, she hasn’t done that since.

15. Proverbs31 says:

LOL! In my house it’s my daughter who taught my son to climb!! 😛
    By the way, climbing the outside of the stairs is totally something my kids would have done, too. All three of them. 🙂

16. Angela says:

Dear Shannon, my 3 year old son saw this, and loved it! He loves to climb on our stairs JUST LIKE THIS, and he’s not allowed. Uh oh! I’d better keep BOTH eyes on him now. 😉 Thanks!

17. Pixy says:

I have two older brothers too and when I was little, things were the same with me:) climbing everywhere, playing with boys etc. But now everything is changed so don’t worry about your little girl:)