I Love It When That Happens

Last night Hubs and I were having a conversation in which I was–predictably–emotional and over-reactive.  Hubs was–predictably–calm and rational and (dadgummit) right.  When it was over he looked at me with something resembling a smirk.

Hubs:  You know I love you, even though you’re kooky.

Me: Of course you do.  Can you even imagine if you were married to somebody…

Hubs:sane?

Me: [Something resembling a glare.]

Hubs:  Yes, dear.  It would be very dull.

Me:  Thank you.

25 thoughts on “I Love It When That Happens

1. jenny says:

That Hubs of yours?? He seems very sweet with just the right amount of funny thrown in. I think you’ve got yourself a good man! (why do they always have to be right in those conversations???)

2. Linda Sue says:

Well put Hubs of Shannon. Sane is such a cop out.People claim sanity when they simply lack imagination and creativity. Funny Shannon, funny.

3. pam says:

“Dull”, “schmull”.
    Give me kooky and insane anyday. That’s where I’m most comfortable.
    Or should I say “we” are most comfortable . . . all those multiple personalities my DP has to face each day.

4. Shalee says:

Oh Shannon. This just proves all the more that we are sisters cast from the same mold. Mr. Right has his life full of all sorts of surprises due to my insaneness and vitality. (And though I very much resent the fact that Mr. Right is well… right most of the time, I really wouldn’t want it any other way.)

5. Sheila says:

Hee, Hee! Sounds like a conversation from my house! BTW, I was reminded of you and your trip while listening to Steven Curtis Chapman’s song titled “Yours”.
    to quote a little:
    “I walk the dirt roads of Uganda, I see the scars that war has left behind. Hope like the sun is fading and they’re waiting for a cure no on can find. And I hear children’s voices singing of a God who heals and rescues and restores. And I’m reminded that every child in Africa is Yours…”

6. Amanda says:

Shannon- I have been reading your blog now for a while and thoroughly enjoying it. This entry is a page out of my own journal. ๐Ÿ™‚ God bless your day!

7. sandy says:

Hi Shannon – yahhh, we women sure make problem soup out of things. Our husbands just don’t get us – LOL! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Anonymous says:

Regarding your BlogHer posts, I wish you would remember that woman =/= mother. Women other than mothers are reading your blog(s) too, you know.

9. kj says:

amen for patient and adoring husbands. I’m a rather wretched little wife with a charming, unassuming, patient and easy-going hubby that loves me for all my anxieties and pet peeves and tendencies toward OCD. I might just go crazy without him, even though sometimes he himself makes me crazy with his easy-going-ness!

10. Julie says:

Cool! I had a similar experience this week–When my husband started talking about finance and economics for the umpteenth time, I told my husband he should have married someone like a friend of ours, who is very analytical and cerebral, and he said “But I don’t think she’d be much fun.” I told him that was the nicest thing he ever said to me!

11. DeeDee says:

I love it. I told my husband when I married him that I promised he would never get bored. So, on those times, when he just doesn’t get it… I remind him. He never knows what to expect ! ๐Ÿ™‚