Photoshoppin’

If you can’t manage to take some good photos on a trip to Africa, with all the gorgeous views, the vibrant people, the vivid colors, and the huge skies, then there is no photographic hope for you.  I’m not a great photographer, but I had a lot to work with out there.

I came home and played around with some of my favorites on Photoshop.  The results were really fun:

Kampalagirl_3

Colorfulbldg_3

Bwcoke

This next one is my favorite.  I can’t help but start humming "Circle Of Life" every time I see it:

Treebw_2

34 thoughts on “Photoshoppin’

1. Kathy in WA says:

Shannon – photos look great! We’ll be calling you the Pioneer Woman’s sister in no time. 🙂
    We discussing parenting over at our place. Stop by when you have time.
    Duckabush Blog
    A loyal Rocks in My Dryer reader (lurker).

2. Amy says:

Beautiful! The Pioneer Woman would be proud! I got Photoshop Elements for Christmas and I still have not figured out how to use it – very intimidating!

3. KELLY S says:

HI,
    I just wanted to say that yesterday in the mail I received my first Compassion letter for the child we sponsor in Uganda!
    The whole family was so excited. I cried. 🙂
    She said, “I love you so much for choosing me out of many.”
    Now that makes it all worth it!
    Praise!
    Kelly

4. Becky Jo says:

That tree pic is STUNNING!!! I am covetous of your photagraphic ability (or photo shoppey ability!!)
    Love em all – but ‘specially the tree!
    Becky Jo

5. Melanie says:

I like the angle of the little girl as she leans. I am weird like that.
    I think I had some of that Fanta when we went to World of Coke. The flavors from Africa were my favorites.

6. tracey says:

Oh… I have always wanted to see Africa. You picked some great photos, hon. I love how the colors of the bins and boxes seem colorful… And the umbrella tree is perfect.

7. Leslie says:

Love, love, love! Especially the first picture. And I’m happy to see that Coke has established itself to the ends of the earth. If only they would take the gospel with them!

8. Michelle says:

Nice photos. I always think of that type of tree and grassland when I think of Africa. I love how you edited it. The vibrant colors are awesome, but black and white is beautiful also!

9. Elaine says:

Oh your blog looks SO cheery – I love it. And beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing SO MUCH of your trip with us!
    P.S. We just got our first note from our sponsor child!

10. Diane Meyer says:

I love them all and understand the joy of playing with photoshop, although I am a rank amateur. We received our first “letter” from three year old Emmanuel a few days ago. He colored the pictures for us. Oh my. Still so glad you guys went.