Sundaylinkage

How To Help Your Grieving Friend — The Pipers (an excellent multi-part series)

iCar — Design Mom.  You moms of Cub Scouts are going to love this.

MyGroceryDeals.com

A Year Of CrockpottingThis chickadee is cooking dinner using her crock pot every day for a year.  Every day.  I love it.  (Hat tip to Susan).

eBay by Weird Al Yankovich — YouTube.  Yes!  Weird Al!  Remember him?  My kids are loving his songs on YouTube.

19 thoughts on “

1. crockpot lady says:

Shannon, thank you for linking to my blog! I’m having a lot of fun with this project, and am learning an awful lot.
    I’m also eating an awful lot…
    hmmph.
    What a great thing to wake up to on a cloudy Sunday morning—being mentioned by a blogging rockstar! I’m going to call my mom.
    xoxo
    steph

2. T. says:

I introduced my 3 boys to Weird Al last year via iTunes and they LOVE it. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I particularly enjoy the Star Wars parodies. haha. It makes all of the Star Wars in my house much more tolerable.
    My oldest (9) just discovered YouTube at a friends house so thank goodness I can point him towards Al.
    Who would have thought during the “Fat” and “Like a Surgeon” days that 20 years later I would be sharing this with my kids!

3. Jenni says:

The Ebay song is GREAT…we love Weird Al here too (although that particular video is not made by the man himself, but a fan).
    I second the motion NOT to miss the White and Nerdy rap video. It made all of us here at White-and-Nerdy-Central laugh for WEEKS.

4. Linda Sue says:

Oh many thanks for the crock pot link – I have made it one of my favorites links and will be a visitin’ that site often. Cheaper to use a crockpot than my high priced convection oven and definitely cheaper than running a propane powered commercial cooktop! Flashbacks (not all good) to Weird Al – oh my – so a new generation is being indoctrinated?

5. Kelsey says:

That youtube video is too funny! I cant wait to read more about the crockpot sounds like some great recipes! Thanks for the links Shannon.

6. Karen says:

Thanks for sharing the crockpotting link. I’m really excited about this! Doesn’t say much for my social life, does it?

7. Sheila says:

My kids totally love that ebay song. They sing it to everybody they know. If you check around on YouTube you can find some pretty funny videos made by different people with it, and some of them are hilarious!
    My favourite part is the very end where he imitates the pathetic singing of the Backstreet Boys and holds on to the note for far too long. It’s priceless.
    Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!

8. MGDCyndi says:

Hi Shannon:
    Thanks for linking to MyGroceryDeals.com. I hope we can help your readers save lots of grocery cash at their local stores!
    In case any of your readers are hesitant, I just wanted to make sure they knew it was free and that we have “printables” coupons that they can use on top of the found deals to “double dip” on savings.
    Stay well and happy deal hunting everyone!

9. Jai says:

Thanks for the crockpot link!!! I use mine at least one a week in the spring and summer, but plan to pump it up this year!