Stay-At-Home Moms Worth $117,000 a Year

Well, there you go.

Heading out to the mailbox right now to wait for my check.

Posted in: Fun

26 thoughts on “Stay-At-Home Moms Worth $117,000 a Year

1. Amanda says:

I would say that sounds about right. And it’s true that people think we just watch soap operas all day. When I was getting ready to leave my job permanently before having my first child, some former co-workers told me to “have a nice vacation.” All I had to say was if vacations were really like having a baby, I would never ever go on one!

2. Liz C. says:

Lisa B, I’m right there with you. Last year on Mother’s Day Sunday, one of the sermons was this nifty, heartfelt poem that lists all the things a mother does in her lifetime. As each was read, I’d look over at my husband with wide eyes. Soon, we were both choking back giggles… and when we left services, the older two kids turned to me and said, “Gee, Mom, we knew we were your minions, but we didn’t realize how far it went!”
    Make breakfasts every day? Nah–the older two do that.
    Make lunches? Ditto.
    Clean bathrooms? DD-11.5, DS-9,and DD-3 do that, too.
    Mop floors? Not since DS-9 turned 5.
    Soothe midnight vomiters? Retired paramedic DH has more compassion, and isn’t comatose while doing it.
    The list went on and on.
    I comfort myself knowing that MY family will be prepared to take care of all aspects of adult life when they leave our home. And dang, I’m going to have to do my own work again. SIGH.

3. Alisa says:

Am I the only one that got a little depressed over this news? I know that my family really, really appreciates all I do, but does society? If we’re worth so much, why does the government not give us some tax rebates for not working?
    I love staying home and can’t imagine doing anything else, but who spends money on these studies?

4. Soliloquy says:

I home school as well – and if I’m being honest?
    There are days I’d rather be at work. I’d even go for a whole lot less than $117,000!
    But I know I will never regret this investment in my children. Because He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it.
    And Praise God – you can take THAT to the bank!

5. distybug says:

Well, that’s a load of malarky!! To replace one SAHM, you’d have to hire at least 5 people to replace us! It’s probably more like $250,000.

6. John says:

Considering the “extras” that mom’s do, they are worth well over that amount. All happy husbands will agree.

7. Andrea says:

Well it’s good to know that I made the right decision to quit working to stay at home! That WAS real money, right?!

8. Lucian's Mommy says:

Can we get an Amen?! πŸ™‚
    I have a feeling you will be waiting on that paycheck for quit some time. But we can look at it as we are saving our family from spending that money should we be at work instead. I don’t think I could do anything else, but stay at home. Although when my 6 month old goes to kindergarten I’ll probably find that I get cabin fever.
    I just found your blog and I have to say that I shall return quite often actually.
    Happy Blogging!