I’m Too Flustered For a Title

LostBig time spoilers ahead, so you west-coasters avert your eyes.

May I just say how relieved I am that Jack finally knows that Claire is his sister?  Because I just could not bear that burden alone one more minute.

And also, I would very much like to know what kind of moisturizer Richard Alpert uses, because the man never ages.  But he should lay off the eyeliner.

On to much more serious matters, I actually cried when Sayid was reunited with his Nadia.  It was all the more bittersweet knowing, as we do, that she won’t live much longer.

And y’all?  I’ve got a bad, bad feeling that Michael, Jin and Desmond (no! not Desmond!) are about to be blown to smithereens.

Did anyone else catch Sawyer’s reference to the compound as "New Otherton"?  Love that.

I’ve been catching up on all the Lost podcasts this week, and I’ve learned a few important things from my friends Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof:  They promised that by next week we would know who was in the coffin.  They’ve said we’ll learn more about Libby.  And they said that next season would be devoted more specifically to Dharma‘s story.

Quote of the night (from Hurley’s mom):  "Jesus Christ is not a weapon."

Losties, weigh in with your thoughts from tonight!  If you’re blogging Lost at your place, leave a link directly to your post.

1. Amy
2. Crystal
3. margalit
4. Carrie K.
5. Fullycompletely
6. Angela
7. Nash
8. Cassie
9. My Friend Amy
10. Lorraine
11. oh amanda
12. Angela
13. Reformed Grits
14. Semicolon

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

34 thoughts on “I’m Too Flustered For a Title

1. Crystal says:

In the bonus features of the Season 3 DVDs the writers reveal that they have always called the village New Otheron, as joke amongst themselves. I’m glad they gave the line to Sawyer. Who else could pull it off?

2. WVCountryRoads says:

LOL Remember when you blogged this?
    “The baby Jesus is a choking hazard. If I ever write a book about motherhood, that’s what I’m going to call it.”
    That is so funny in light of Hurley’s mom’s comment: “Jesus Christ is not a weapon.”

3. Lori says:

Yes! Being that my husband is a pastor, I fully intend to integrate, “Jesus Christ is not a weapon!” into my list of sayings.

4. Lisa says:

I want to know why we have to wait 2 weeks for the Season Finale. What’s going on next week?
    I know the season finale will be good, but don’t know if I’ll be able to handle the huge cliffhanger that you know they will have!

5. Jenn says:

I agree, best line of the night for sure 🙂 And I cried when Hurly was re-uniting with his family and he pulled Sayid in so he wouldn’t be so lonely…I’m still getting all choked up when I think about it.
    So I still think it’s awfully mysterious with the whole Clarie walking into the jungle and leaving Aaron thing. Did I miss something? And then her appearing at The Cabin. Is she supposed to be dead?
    I wondered where Richard and all the Other Others were. My husband pointed out that Ben probably called him with that mirror and stuff which I totally didn’t clue into to 🙂
    Anyway, i shall be SAD if Jin and Desmond get blown all to bits. Sigh, I usually don’t get so emotional over this type of fiction but Lost has got me 🙂

6. Becky says:

I cried when they got off the plane and Kate had no one. Shows they have done a great job making me love their characters. Sawyer looked awful last night but it was STILL one of the best of the season!

7. jessica says:

Great episode last night, but I noticed via my digital cable box that Lost is not on next week due to a 2 hour Grey’s Anatomy, but it will be on the next for 2 hours.

8. Tony says:

Another great episode. I didn’t have a lot to write about. Not a ton of revelations but a great build up to the finale.

9. Thea @ I'm a Drama Mama says:

Oh my goodness, where to begin?
    I won’t be able to stand it if Desmond dies. Seriously. I won’t know what to do.
    I felt so bad that Kate didn’t have anyone when she got off the plane. I kept waiting for Jack to pull her over (like Hurley pulled over Sayid), but it didn’t happen.
    Oh, and when Aaron’s grandma was there…I felt so bad for her. Thinking her baby and grandchild were dead…and Aaron is right there? I was bawling.
    And those stupid numbers!!
    Did The Others find Kate and Sayid before or after the mirror? I can’t remember.
    And GO SUN! Way to stand up to your daddy!

10. Nash says:

I will be so sad if Desmond dies, I barely survived Charlies death. 🙂
    That line by Hurley’s mom was hysterical!

11. suzanne says:

this summer, I think I’ll watch this from Season 1. I did the same thing with “24” and swear that I will run away with Jack Bauer if he ever comes to my door. (except in real life, he’s a drunk, not so good….)
    I really need to see what the big deal is about Lost. I feel so left out.

12. Lorraine says:

@ Lisa – we have to wait so long because LOST was supposed to be short to begin with. The writer’s strike made it shorter. Then, after ABC had already scheduled the Finales of whatever it is that will be on next week (Grey’s Anatomy? I’m not sure), Lindedof and Cuse asked for an extra 2 hours of show. So TPTB squeezed us in, but we have to wait a week. Just don’t forget the special time!! 9pm!
    If the producers kill of Desmond, they will so have an uprising from their female fans who want to see that love story have a happy ending. Jin on the hand, is so dead. After the actor’s DUI arrest last year… he’s gone.
    So, who is wondering if the plan b -“torch the island” really meant blow up the boat so no one can leave, and make sure Ben doesn’t move the thing so that widmore can find it… huh? anyone?

13. Cassie says:

“Jesus Christ is not a weapon.” haha. Yeah that was too funny. I loved it though when Sun was telling her dad off!

14. Becoming Me says:

It was a great episode. I posted my review as Angela on All that Naz. I loved how Clarie’s mom told Jack the truth. That one reporter was asking a lot of tough questions…interesting. And Jack is soooo good at lying…I don’t like that.

15. Lisa @ The PW says:

I LOVED Hugo’s mom. I laughed my head off and then wondered if I should have? lol Really, when you think of it, He really kind of is a weapon – at least the only one that works for me. 🙂

16. chilihead says:

I’m thinking that little gizmo on Keamy’s arm was a remote detonator for the explosives on the boat. Everyone kept saying the boat is the only safe place, but I’m betting not so much.
    And from the previews for next time–does Sawyer jump out of the helicopter?
    I’m so glad Jack knows who Clair is! And I couldn’t tell if Kate heard or not. Did she? She seemed awfully close to them to NOT hear. And she gave Jack a look after that lady left.
    “How many times do I have to tell you, John? I always have a plan.” LOVE THAT. Keamy better watch his back.

17. Kimberly says:

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who teared up when Sayid was reunited with Nadia. The way he just stared at her, then blinked once, slowly, as if his eyes were playing tricks on him– oh, it just made my heart full. Last night’s episode was amazing– it’s just killing me that we have to wait TWO FULL WEEKS for the big finale!

18. angela says:

I think it’s an interesting theory that the device on Keamy’s arm could be a locator for Widmore, but I find it more likely that it will blow up the boat and or island.
    I forgot about the whole Michael, bomb situation. Ok, maybe Ben DID put the C-4 on the boat. But then Keamy’s device shouldn’t set it off.
    I forgot to add that Ben survives.
    In this whole Oceanic 6 situation where they are saying there were 8, but 2 died – I wonder if the other 2 are significant.
    Also, interesting thought/note that no one mentioned – I wondered at the funeral scene if it was reference of Jack’s dad dying in Australia or on the plane. Hmmmmmmmm
    Was anyone else sort of hoping that Jack’s ex would have shown up when they got off the plane?
    Anyone ever think about that scene after the button wasn’t pushed and those guys who appeared to be in the artic called Penny Widmore.
    What the heck was up with the numbers and the car????
    And where the heck is Alpert taking Said and Kate? Is he the one who picks who leaves the island and comes up with the story they tell?
    I was really really hoping that Desmond would reunite with Penny.

19. angela says:

I forgot to mention that I now absolutely LOVE pregnant women telling off their mobster fathers!

20. cynthia says:

that was an awesome episode and i can’t wait 2 more weeks!
    that line from hurley’s mom was priceless! and what’s up with richard and his young self with too much eyeliner??
    he’s a little creepy for me…ok, alot!
    was glad to hear about jack and claire!
    “new otherton”…i like that!

21. jubilee says:

Had to add my fav line from the episode:
    When Ben says to Hurley (ref to the crackers), “You know those are 15 years old . . .”
    It was one of the most human moments I think he’s had on the show. Almost funny even!

22. cynthia says:

oh my gosh…we are on the same “wavelength”…i thought the same thing, always have with that richard guy! he’s just plain creepy.
    i’m so glad to know there are other “losties” out there like myself, i hope this show ends in a good way or i just might cry!
    i’ll be back to see what everyone says about the finale….can’t wait!

23. lisa writes... says:

Next week we’ll know who’s in the coffin? Wow. I am glad they haven’t forgotten about explaining the whole Dharma deal.
    And what about the number?
    About this week’s episode, I was curious about the reversal of control between Locke and Ben. Seems out of character for Locke; sloppy writing maybe?
    Also…Sun’s very pointed reference to “two people” being responsible for her husband’s death….wonder who else she’s blaming?
    I am ready to know under what circumstances the six leave!

24. lisa (lost pezhead) says:

oh! i’m so glad we’ll see the coffin mystery revealed!!!! where do you go to listen to those podcasts?
    i too was relieved jack found out about claire…OH! didn’t it look like he would pass out from the news…having to keep pretending he never met claire….and that it wasn’t her baby a few feet away from grandma! ahhhh!
    yeah, when richard came out of the jungle w/ his band of newothertons…that was cool…i wondered where they had been hiding.
    if desmond dies i don’t know where this story will go, he seems very pivitol to me. PLUS HE NEEDS PENNY AND CANNOT POSSIBLY DIE!!

25. Lindsay says:

I bought a big tv Friday night, so our little crew can watch the LOST Season Finale on an awesome tv! That was my motivation!
    I don’t want Desmond, Jin, & Michael to die either! And I’m sure they’ll be able to look at some kind of records to determine that Kate was NOT pregnant with Aaron when the plane took off. Surely!