19 thoughts on “

1. Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates says:

Some very nice articles – thanks for sharing.
    In the 100 things article, I had to laugh at the line…I have 100 things in my purse…! (So true!) I think getting down to 100 items is rather extreme, but I bet we could all get rid of half of what we have without too much trouble.

2. Stephanie says:

The Dear Baby made me cry; so did This Minute when I read it the first time. Expectations is so right on the mark.
    But 100 Things contributors think they have “discovered” what FlyLady has been saying for years. Some people are just slower to learn than others.

3. Amy says:

Thanks for all the links. They were so applicable to me…but I’m linking to the one about the baby. Looks like the other commenters loved it, too.

4. Cheri C says:

The “My Dear Baby . . . . . ” article astounds me the lengths mothers will go to save their children. And what’s even more amazing is that every single mother I know would do the same. Mom’s are a marvelous breed!

5. Amy - Green Plan(t) says:

I’m participating in the 100 Thing challenge and it’s doing me and my husband a lot of good. I didn’t think he would be interested in participating but he’s already gotten rid of more than I expected him to; I’m very proud.
    Stephanie – I don’t think it’s about who did it “first,” that’s irrelevant really. The gentleman who set this challenge for himself just happened to have other people participating too, without any special rules or websites. And since each person can make their own rules, it’s more an idea that gets people moving towards simplicity. I mean, not to offend, but I’ve seen FlyLadies with houses that are still too visually cluttered even if they were clean.
    Sometimes taking a step or two towards a more austere lifestyle is more important than having a shiny sink.

6. Good&Crazy says:

These are terrific and exactly what I was looking for. (I recognize several of them!) How do I sign up to get noticed next week?
    I’ll be back.

7. genny says:

Thank you very much!
    The “My Dear Baby” and “This Minute” articles really got me… So, so touching and beautiful.

8. Marty says:

Thank you so much! I’d never have seen this story about the baby and his mother. In every disaster and catastrophe, I always pray for the mothers and children, especially the babies who are being born at that terrible moment. The horror always pursues me. And as sad as it was, this story was also a great encouragement. I pray the example of that little baby’s mother will point him to Christ who can give him, not just life, but life eternal.

9. Jennifer Sandberg says:

I loved the article on meat. I was just talking about this with my husband last week. I am a good cook but I don’t know how to cook without meat being at the center of the meal, and making all the sides to replace it seems like it would take TOOOOO long! I liked the suggestions. I wish food network would have a series on this!

10. Shalee says:

I’ve had several of these things on my mind lately, especially the cutting back meat article.
    The 100 things is coming more and more true as we’re preparing to move into a smaller house. It’s amazing how many things we’ve given away already! I have a feeling that the only think I’m going to miss the money on them in the first place…