Checking In From Charlotte…

Remember how I told you I’d be checking from the conference here to give you reports on all the great things I’m learning?

Yes, well, I lied.

I am so busy with the talking and the learning and the note-taking and the etcetera that I have no room left in my head for a coherent thought.

But I promise, I’ll fill you in first thing next week with some good details.

In the meantime, my I share this utterly heartwarming sound file that my sons e-mailed me to last night?  As I sat here in my hotel room, missing my brood and thinking fond thoughts of them, this sweet message gently landed in my in-box and touched my soul:

Download for_mom.wav

39 thoughts on “Checking In From Charlotte…

1. Jo says:

May I just say that your blog is such an encouraging tool in the lives of mothers? It’s so wonderful to have feelings validated and to have wise encouragment from someone who has been there too!

2. Cheri says:

I should’ve been prepared becaues you said your BOYS sent it.
    So glad I didn’t have a mouthful of Diet Coke when I clicked!

3. Jessica says:

That was funny! My dog, halfway across the room, stopped chewing her bone and cocked her head to the side, as if saying, “What the heck is that?” I played it for her again and she still looked confused! πŸ™‚

4. MegnTally says:

After spending the last week with 13 3rd graders and 3 of them boys (seemed like it was 30 boys) I totally ‘get’ this little sound byte! My dd thought it was hilarious!
    Long time lurker,
    First time commenter….
    Love your blog!

5. Robyn says:

Hysterical. Glad I have girls. Except the slumber party at my house (my daughter and 3 friends) is making similar sounds right now.
    …kids.

6. Patti says:

oh, the sound of love coming from boys!!!
    I think I could even recognize their little voices!
    Nothing to describe the innermost feelings of boys better than this sound byte! πŸ™‚

7. Marla Taviano says:

Can I just say that you are even SWEETER in person than I imagined? You’re cute as a button with the most darling voice. Sigh.
    Thanks for sharing this weekend! Bless you!!

8. World's Greatest Mommy says:

I love the little giggles inbetween the other sounds.
    It reminds me that my Bal burped the alphabet for me today. He’s only seven, so I was impressed.
    Can’t wait to read your words about this weekend.

9. Susan says:

Gee, these folks that think only boys make noises like that…my older daughter was quite talented at playing the musical armpit when she was a youngster, and her daughter to this day excels at burping, far better than her brother. Aren’t children fun?

10. Sarah (Genesis Moments) says:

So great to meet you at SheSpeaks! You all three did a wonderful presentation which made for fun and interesting listening. Hope your travels home went well and the flipflops are still holding up. They looked super comfy. Great for heel-weary feet. Take care.