It’s Pretty Here

Our hotel:

100_2822_5

The view from the front door.  Look!  A hill!  And a cable car!

100_2823

The lobby:

100_2831

100_2832

This reminds me of the Muppet Show:

100_2837

100_2829

100_2834

It’s lovely. But I miss my crew at home.

34 thoughts on “It’s Pretty Here

1. chaotic joy says:

Wow, that is really lovely. I don’t want to go to Blogher. I think it would make me throw up too much. 🙂 But I’d like to go there. To that hotel. With the hill and the trolley. With you know, people I already know who don’t make me throw up at all.
    Sorry you are homesick. I hope you are having fun.

2. boomama says:

I just clicked over to Bloglines thinking “Gosh, I hope Shannon has posted something.” You did not disappoint. 🙂
    Can’t wait to hear all about it.

3. Molly says:

NICE! That one pic is totally Muppets.
    It’s nice to see a different place, and it makes the familiar all the more comforting when you get back.

4. kelli says:

Beware old, wrinkly men heckling you from the balcony!
    My, oh my, though – aren’t you living the posh life 🙂 No ants, no mice, mo rats 🙂

5. Kat says:

I was at the SF Macys today (Union Square) and saw the Blogher signs showing you all where to go. I thought of you right away and wondered if you were a bit chilly in the July foggy weather. I was!! When
    I passed by the hotel where you are staying and had an impulse to take a photo of the door man. Then I wondered what I would do with the picture of the silly door man in costume. Hope you get to talk to your family soon 🙂

6. Sharon says:

Oh I would have loved to attend Blogher but I discovered the whole joy of Blogher only this year (yes I’m late). Any gathering of bright, progressive, socially conscious women is a good thing in my eyes. I hope you enjoy the event and that you’re able to share your insight with us on the experience of meeting/listening to so many different blogging women.
    Thanks for the pictures!

7. Louise says:

I agree–I can completely see Waldorf and Statler heckling all the hotel guests from that balcony!
    Cable car is cool, too. Hills I have too many of here at home. I’m looking forward to moving to Illinois in a few years, where everything is FLAT!

8. Amy says:

That is totally the Muppets. I wish I could have gone so I could meet you in person. I will definitely be there next year though- you all have convinced me with all your BlogHer talk 🙂

9. Nana Connie says:

You are so funny. First thing I think of when I fly to California is plane crashes and earthquakes, but I would never admit it.
    Hope you had a great trip home.

10. Photochick says:

Those pictures are stunning – I hope you are having as wonderful of a time as you appear to be! I’m sure you miss your family though…
    I’ll definitely keep you in my thoughts & prayers… that all will go fantastically and that you’ll blessed with a wonderful time… that you’ll have safe travels… and that you & your family don’t miss each other too terribly much.
    Take care & God Bless.
    Love, Amanda

11. Jules says:

These are lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope you had a wonderful time (I’m sure you did). It’s fun to meet a lot of new people that share your interests, isn’t it?

12. Angela says:

That is where we stayed when we stayed over in SFO while I was a flight attendant! Isn’t it great?!
    I LOVED my SFO layovers – such a neat place. I hope you are enjoying the conference!