Mommas, Speak Up!

BlogherTonight at BlogHer, I’m hosting a live-blogging session of Senator John McCain’s acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention.

(You know what’s funny?  When I typed that last sentence the first time, I made a goof and accidentally wrote, "I’m HOSING a live blogging session…"  Perhaps I should’ve left it, because perhaps I will be hosing it.  It remains to be seen.)

Anyway, I hope you’ll consider coming over there and joining us, in real time, as we discuss the senator’s speech.  The live-blog widget is easy to use, and this is an excellent way to make your voice heard.

(Unfortunately, I don’t yet know the time of the speech.  I have a message in to my 47th-cousin-in-law the senator, but surprisingly, he hasn’t called me back.  Evidently, addressing the entire free world ranks higher on his priority list.  I ask you, do family ties mean NOTHING?  I’ll keep you posted…)

*UPDATE*  Senator McCain is scheduled to speak at 9 pm CST.  Live-blogging at the BlogHer post will begin at 8:15 pm CST, in conjunction with some of the earlier speeches.  See you there!

19 thoughts on “Mommas, Speak Up!

1. Robyn says:

Awesome!
    On another note, my maiden name was Hose. It was a horrible name to grow up with – oh the jokes – I’ve heard them all. My poor brother is stuck with the name FOREVER. So, have fun Hosing the session tonight. I kinda like that. 🙂

2. Mary Wiedenhaupt says:

I must say, I am definitely encouraged after hearing Gov. Palin last night! It was definitely about the best speech I’ve ever heard! I will be there tonight watching on the tube for John to do as well but not comparing.

3. Kristin says:

Palin was absolutely brilliant, and I really hope that McCain gives the speech of his lifetime (the last few nights would be tough acts to follow). I am actually excited to vote now!

4. Polka Dot Mommy says:

I *LOVED* Palin last night as well. Hopefully I can get the kids settled in time to join you at blogher. We are PST so its starts just as we are finishing up dinner and doing homework!
    Cheers!
    Jamie

5. Tracy says:

I’ll try to peel myself away from the tv to join you! I’m in AZ and these are exciting times especially after the energy boost from Sarah Palin’s speech!
    Oh and congrats on the distant cousin lineage!

6. amykay says:

thanks for tonight! it was fun to be able to talk and watch at the same time… i can’t imagine how you were talking, watching, AND moderating!! thanks for putting in all the effort, now go take a nap! 🙂 i really appreciate the thoughtfulness and depth of your blog. happy almost friday!

7. Laura says:

Hi Shannon –
    I just read through the live-blogging session. So interesting!
    In response to the many comments on evolution vs creation, I wanted to share this link.
    It is a talk given by scientist *and* believer Francis Collins. He is the real deal. He is a Christian (his testimony is incredible and is part of this talk). And, he is the scientist who mapped the human genome (he led the Human Genome Project). Hello, credentials.
    The talk is his view of the evolution vs creation debate. It is VERY interesting and thought-provoking … he’s a good speaker so it’s not dry and boring.
    I think his conclusions are enlightening, and compelling (from a scientific point of view and a Christian point of view).

8. WayMoreHomemade (Donna) says:

The last couple of nights have been WAY fun. I was so excited to find other people online that were as interested as I was. I felt like there may have been some people there with the sole purpose of getting things off-topic, but overall, it was tons ‘o’ fun.
    Thanks a million.