These Little Cookies Are Rocking My World

I promise, this isn’t becoming a recipe blog.  But all these recipes I found last month are begging to be shared.  And this one, in particular, is top-notch:  Butter Crisp Cookies.  They are slaying me.  I cannot walk away.  And they are so cheap and easy I can’t stop making them.  I’m doomed.

Buttercookies

Ingredients:
One box Pillsbury "pudding in the mix" yellow cake mix
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup Rice Krispies

Instructions:
Blend all ingredients together.  Dough will be crumbly.  Form into tight 1-inch balls, place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly.  Bake in 350 oven for 10-12 minutes.  Give them away to neighbors so you don’t gain 12 pounds.

Cookies

68 thoughts on “These Little Cookies Are Rocking My World

1. BusyMom says:

Yummy! I love cake mix cookies, but I’ve never seen one with Rice Krispies added. That sounds great.
    I especially enjoyed your give them away comment. That is so me, if I don’t take them somewhere to share, I have a hard time resisting cookies and usually wind up eating most myself.

2. jennifer says:

mmmm I love making cookies! They are so perfect for any occasion. I think you should do a favorite cookie recipe works for me wednesday. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Lynn says:

Oh I love this idea. I make a chocolate cookie with a chocolate cake mix. I love it because it is so easy. I blogged about it a while ago. I am going to have to try this version though. It looks really good. Thanks!!

4. Ronda says:

We’ve made these before with lemon cake mix. Very tasty! I’ll bet the yellow cake mix ones are very good, too! Thanks for the reminder of this great “recipe”

5. Melizzard says:

Yeah and thank you! I needed something to keep my youngest from blowing a gasket tonight when oldest goes to Build A Bear/Sleep Over party .. this will be a perfect recipe to try with the 3 year old.

6. GiBee says:

Great Christmas gifts for the neighbors!! I wonder how it would taste with a spice cake mix? The lemon cake mix sounds divine!!! This would be the perfect dessert to serve with those BBQ Cupcakes, dontchaknow….

7. worshipfan says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Yellow cake. Hubby thinks I’m nutty but Yellow cake is my favorite. I’m so trying these this weekend.
    And….to whoever suggested the spice cake mix? Two words….YUM OOOO
    Nuff said.

8. Janell says:

Cake mix cookies are sooo good and very easy! My favorite is Harvest Walnut Cookies, a recipe by Sandra Lee from Semi-Homemade. They are delicious! Her recipe calls for vanilla cake mix and devil’s food cake mix, but I usually just go with the vanilla. I think you’d love ’em!

9. Alison says:

Mmmmm…those look so good. And they call for ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. You know, for days when I haven’t had my daily butter allowance.

10. gretchen from lifenut says:

Yet another Shannon recipe to obsess over. A long time ago, you shared a recipe for coffee cake made with pudding (you like your pudding, I can tell) and it is THE BEST coffee cake, evah.
    I’ll be making these. Of course.

11. Aunt LoLo says:

Whippersnappers…1 box cake mix, one egg, 8 oz. Cool whip. Mix together, roll into little balls, dip in powdered sugar, and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.
    Your kids will never be the same. Chocolate is my favorite, but lemon is the original.
    They’re so good, my daughter learned how to say “cookie” (“guuuky”) just to ask for more!

12. jen says:

Oh! Those look SO terribly yummy, and I think I might just have all the ingredients in the house! This is going to be a good night…and a bad one.
    Thanks for the recipe!

13. Heather in SE Wisconsin says:

Right now I am about to lick the computer… As I read all the comments I am drooling, ignoring my fighting children and wondering what concoction I can come up with that resembles that recipe since I know I have no rice crispies or yellow cake mix.
    I better go figure it out before I eat the first screaming child that comes close enough for me to grab

14. Heather in SE Wisconsin says:

Chocolate cake mix and Kix cereal. Uh- not so good… not so bad I guess either since we are eating them right now… But the Kix just gets chewy. However in a pinch, as desperate as I am to eat anything with sugar- IT WILL DO!

15. Saucy Momma says:

These look so good I am licking the computer screen. Well, not really. I think I’ll whip up a batch for the Littles at The Schell Cafe and see what they think. Thanks for the recipe.

16. Jeni says:

OK, I made these today – and I’m definitely going to make them again!! Very yummy, and certainly the easiest cookies I’ve ever made. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

17. Amblin says:

I just made these using EnerG Egg replacer to replace the egg and Earth Balance to replace the butter. (we are milk-free, egg free due to severe food allergy in one of my children).
    These cookies are SO good!!! Oh my…they just came out of the oven and I’ve already had 3!!! Yikes! Off to make a plate of cookies for the neighbors! LOL

18. Someone Being Me says:

I made these and the flavor is amazing. My only problem is that the rice krispies turned into little chewy lumps in the cookie. Could this be because I used generic rice krispies or did I mix it up wrong?