Oh, the SYMBOLISM!

Who knew that a few polka dots could inspire such excellent speculation?  When I offered up the notion that my new blog design has some symbolism behind it, your ideas were downright Faulknerian (is that a word?  if not, it is now) in scope.

So yes, I’ll tell that you the six dots are, in fact, representative of both rocks AND the little round dryer holes.  And there are six of them, to represent the six people in my family, and the second one (with the title) is Yours Truly.  It is brown because…well, I’ve got nothin’ there.  Maybe brown for chocolate?  Or for my haircolor (this month)?

To the sweet people who speculated that there were five orange dots because I was trying to hint that I am having another baby, may I just say that this is a precious notion.  However, I am not–repeat, NOT–pregnant.  If I were, you can be sure that I wouldn’t have told you via blog header, I would have written a post that went something like this:

"OH. MY. WORD."

Also, just as I suspected, my husband’s strong feelings about the color orange brought him out of hiding to leave an actual, honest-to-goodness comment, something I think he’s done only three times in the three years I’ve blogged.  Then he came home and put on his Razorback pajama bottoms just to prove he means business.

Anyway, thanks for playing along.  Y’all are too much fun.

24 thoughts on “Oh, the SYMBOLISM!

1. Holly @ Crownlaiddown says:

I like the new design, Shannon! Sorry I missed the speculatin’ post. Sounds like I need to read the comments for that!
    Also, I didn’t know you were Razorback fans. My Chris’ sister works for the president of U of AR. Also, Chris got his masters at UALR. Although, he is an Aggie through and through…even when they don’t win and lose to places like Oklahoma State.

2. Sandy toes says:

It’s amazing how a redo or blog lift can make all the difference…I had one done this week and I just can’t stop checking in….I love it….very fun!!! I love a good “polka dot”
    -Sandy toes

3. Robin ~ PENSIEVE says:

Me likey! V e r y autumnal.
    I so could’ve seen a haiku contest that incorporated the symbolism…hate that I missed out on sharing my own subliminal messages ;). Now THAT, coming from ME, could’ve been FUN(ny)!

4. sweethomealagirl says:

I totally knew that the dots were the whole family. I just take a really long time to comment! I love dots, so I love the design 🙂
    Also, I feel nearly as passionate against the color orange as Hubs does. Auburn orange, specifically. Not my favoritest color ever. But the brown? Totally for chocolate!

5. Shalee says:

Personally, I love the new look. What a fun, new appearance for a witty, brilliant and charming friend!
    And I agree. The brown is definitely a representation of good, rich chocolate… as it should be. :o)

6. misty says:

love the hubs’ grammar. love that he spit. love that he has jammies. ok not so on teh last one b/cs MY hubs has a pair and they’re ugly! lol! love the new look! and as i spent too many hours at the laundromat yesterday, i DID think of dryer fronts!

7. marlise says:

OK, the comment from your Hubs is too funny. I’m impressed, not only with the fact that he made a comment on your blog, but also with the fact that he made such an effort to end the comment with no dangling preposition. That gave me a good laugh this morning.

8. Melody says:

I must say, that when I first started reading over here, you had the snow-family header that said, “Doing our part to heat the neighborhood one open backdoor at a time”, which is why I started reading in the first place…your header cracked me up! But…besides the snow-family…this one is my favorite because, well…HOOK ‘EM HORNS!!!
    🙂