Happy March 28th…

….or, as my daughter squealed when she woke up this morning and saw this outside our front door, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Snow

(Note: I realize there are parts of the country where snow on March 28th is not odd.  But I'm in Oklahoma, and I had my air conditioner on a few days ago.  Suffice it to say, this is ODD.)

41 thoughts on “Happy March 28th…

1. Lorilee says:

The cold front arrived here Friday night during our District Track Meet! There is something wrong with playing football in pads and helmets in 90 degree heat and running track in flimsy shorts and tank tops in 50 degree weather! Snow is odd here ANY time.
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

2. Jo says:

Oh, now I feel better (at your expense, I apologize). Up in New England, we are only now bidding the snow farewell, in hopes that Spring will succeed in pulling the crocuses all the way up.
    I had no idea that Spring was struggling to find her legs as far south as OK! Take heart, it cannot last long! (At least that’s what I’ve been telling myself!)

3. Kimberli says:

Lucky You!!! I blogged about this crazy storm as it was coming in, we ended up with NOTHING! I wanted snow, my kids wanted snow, we got rain, and a muddy, cold, wet, mess!

4. Linda Sue says:

Yucky nasty cold – bad thing. I live in North Texas and right now it is 40 degrees with a wind chill of 28! My lovely garden looks like a rag bag since I’ve covered what I can to protect. You are right – this isn’t anything close to normal for our part of the world – I won’t go there about the global warming but it is COLD here for us Texans. I can hear the kids down at the soccer fields about 1/2 mile away – is that their teeth chattering?

5. Jennifer says:

It’s snowing up here in Alaska too. And I was hoping that it would all start to melt soon! No such luck. We’ve had snow on the ground since September. The novelty has definitely worn off….

6. FranticMomm says:

Funny! I’m in Minnesota and we’ve seen the SAME thing in the last few days! It was melting, dripping and hinting of Spring last week….then a whole new butt-load of snow. I am SO over winter!

7. AmberStar says:

It has been a very odd weather year for sure. I’m in Fort Worth and it is very cold here, but the snow flurries stopped just north of our home. As I always say, Enjoy it while you can…we get very little snow here, so it is a wonder when we do.

8. Kari says:

I understand that feeling. Thursday my boys were in shorts, today we had snow. We live on the TX/OK border (and no, not in the panhandle).

9. Erin says:

We live in SC and got almost 6 inches the first week in March – it was so weird!!!! I can completely sympathize with your odd weather. 🙂 Have fun in it!

10. patty says:

stay warm!
    all of my family pictures from childhood easters were of my sisters and me wearing beautiful sun-dresses, flower-covered strawhats, and snowmobile boots! 🙂

11. sillydoodah says:

Merry Christmas, indeed. I just love your daughter. I think she’s a kindred spirit. I would have probably said just the same thing. Today feels like summer in my neck of the woods. I guess you can just enjoy an extra day of cocoa and popcorn and Polar Express before busting out the sunscreen. LOL!

12. Megan says:

You must not have been in Oklahoma in March 1996. Blizzard conditions. I remember because Craig came to visit me at OSU and it was stinking cold.
    But I suppose you are right. Snow in March in Oklahoma doesn’t happen EVERY year.

13. Zandor says:

Its rainy here. Although i’m not at all jealous because walking to my college classes in snow isn’t fun, but neither is rain. I guess I just prefer the rain because it’s warmer. I like how your daughter said Merry Christmas. That’s cute.

14. Octamom says:

talked with several members of our extended family in our beloved Tulsa on Saturday via Skype and they turned their computer camera so we could see those big fat flakes–YOWZA!
    Blessings!

15. Linda says:

My husband was helping a church member empty their storage building in Kansas this weekend and move its contents to Alabama where we live. They left in t-shirts and jeans and had to buy warm clothing to finish out the trip. He called to say, how funny would it be to call work on Monday and say, “I’m snowed in!” They took lots of pictures of the snow to make sure we believed them 🙂

16. Christine Bobowski says:

Woke up to snow and icicles on Friday morning, gone by five but still freezing cold. Being late March in southern New Mexico, I’d already put away the winter coats! This time I’m leaving the coats out because the last time winter hung on this late it snowed on April 24th!