87 thoughts on “Fifteen Years Ago Today

1. DeAnna Chandler says:

That is a beautiful picture. I hope you are displaying that one out at home. Keep up the good work, yes it’s work being married and have fun while doing it.

2. RLR says:

What a beautiful photo! Our 11th is this Saturday. We are having a garage sale that morning. Romantic, right? Then my mom is keeping the kids that evening so we can go out to dinner – adults only (anyone remember what that’s like?).
    Happy Anniversary!

3. elizabeth says:

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and one ! to grow, and thrive on. 😀
    I’ve been married 15 years in April. There are many things I should have done differently in those years, but none I can really regret as I wouldn’t have the children (blessings) that we do. Grow, learn – forgive and forget!
    God Bless!

4. Candace says:

Happy Anniversary!!! We just celebrated #15 a couple weeks ago…it goes so fast. I’d do it again too!
    Congrats!

5. Dawn @ Wherever He Leads says:

Happy Anniversary! Love the photo.
    It is so odd to me that we will celebrate our 14th Anniversary this year and we have a 20 month old. When others married just as long have teenagers or at least pre-teens. God is personal & His plans for each of us are unique!

6. Becky says:

Congratulations!! Beautiful picture!!
    My post this morning was “One Year Ago Today,” when my little preemie was born at 32 weeks. So we share a “milestone” day! 🙂

7. Mandy says:

It was a fabulous wedding and I wanted mine to be just like yours! (And it was pretty close…just a few years later)! I’m still getting the best ideas and advice from my life mentor! Much love! *M

8. Tami says:

Congrats! Love the shot. My wedding was the year before and it looks like we had the same veil and hairdo! 🙂

9. Ann Voskamp @ Holy Experience says:

We were married 21 days later, on an unseasonably cold afternoon the 15th of June, and when they later served the strawberry pie out in the tent on the back lawn, twilight setting in dusky, I wrapped myself in a quilt from my grandmother… a wedding ring pattern.
    But the two weeks prior? Record setting heat. You too, there in the south? You and your groom sure are steaming things up the church there! I’m smiling 🙂 .
    Happy anniversary, Shannon! I hope you and he have had a grand weekend celebrating the wonder of the covenant…
    All’s grace….

10. Desiree Rutter says:

Today’s my 11th anniversary! That is neat. I have never done this, but I put a smilebox slideshow on my blog for my husband. It was really eye-opening to look back and see all that the Lord has done over the years. Blessings on your marriage!!!

11. Ginger says:

With the many blessings coming your way in hopes for a wonderful anniversary, I have to stop and take a breath in awe of your beautiful picture. The picture paints your words so well.
    May your marriage continue in the path of His glory as your heart overflows with His love together.
    Ginger

12. Gego says:

I’ve seen y’all smooching the same way for 15 years. Keep up the the JOY!
    Sneaky MIL.
    Y’all are too precious to interfere. All my love and congratulations on setting a wonderful and loving example of a great relationship for the children.
    Gego